Jump to content
KonstaT

[DEV][ROM][5.2.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, cesardp27 said:

What other recovery could I use? How do I install it? thanks for your support

On 11/24/2015 at 5:08 PM, KonstaT said:

Important. Prerequisites!!! You need to install Android KitKat on your Open C first (e.g. EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip will do). You also need to have this ClockWorkMod or this TWRP recovery installed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @KonstaT

first, thanks for your great work keeping our OpenCs alive :) !!!

Question: I want to use the sdcard as (combined) internal storage, not as portable storage (which is currently the only option in our ROM). I've downloaded the CM source as described on your github page and managed to compile a working ROM myself.

Now where in the source code can I reactivate the internal storage feature? (or is there a device specific reason why you disabled it in the first place?) 

Thanks again for your work! A quick hint as how to go about the internal storage feature would be highly appreciated.

Cheers, Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, drake763 said:

Hi @KonstaT

first, thanks for your great work keeping our OpenCs alive :) !!!

Question: I want to use the sdcard as (combined) internal storage, not as portable storage (which is currently the only option in our ROM). I've downloaded the CM source as described on your github page and managed to compile a working ROM myself.

Now where in the source code can I reactivate the internal storage feature? (or is there a device specific reason why you disabled it in the first place?) 

Thanks again for your work! A quick hint as how to go about the internal storage feature would be highly appreciated.

Cheers, Ben

Revert this (just the fstab change is enough).
https://github.com/KonstaT/android_device_zte_kis3/commit/da39fd9216b2ea40c27659df61dfcfa615289459

It was disabled because it's never worked AFAIK.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, drake763 said:

... and report back tomorrow (when compiling on my athlon 5350 finishes ;)) Cheers!

Indeed the feature seems broken. Formatting as internal hangs at 20%, after a few minutes an error appears and the card is left as corrupted. I wonder why this happens though, since the feature works well with cm13 on my S4mini. Maybe to little RAM in order to format internally and "devicify"? 

Anyway, thanks a lot for the hint, I'll keep the card as portable then :/ 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, drake763 said:

Indeed the feature seems broken. Formatting as internal hangs at 20%, after a few minutes an error appears and the card is left as corrupted. I wonder why this happens though, since the feature works well with cm13 on my S4mini. Maybe to little RAM in order to format internally and "devicify"? 

Anyway, thanks a lot for the hint, I'll keep the card as portable then :/ 

Cheers

Yeah, works on my other devices as well. This is one of the few (or the only?) CM13 devices that has primary external sdcard. Could be something to do with that. I doubt it has anything to do with low RAM, though.

Edited by KonstaT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

...This is one of the few (or the only?) CM13 devices that has primary external sdcard....

Could you elaborate this? Sorry, my familiarity with CM/android goes only so far as to copy/type in the commands to compile...

Also, do you have plans to migrate your work to lineage os at some point in the future?

Again, thanks for the work, cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, drake763 said:

Could you elaborate this? Sorry, my familiarity with CM/android goes only so far as to copy/type in the commands to compile...

Also, do you have plans to migrate your work to lineage os at some point in the future?

Again, thanks for the work, cheers!

There's bunch of ways you can configure storage devices on Android (https://source.android.com/devices/storage/config-example.html). It depends on the partition layout of the device (see FAQ in third post of this thread). Usually all devices have some type of internal sdcard (emulated or physical) as primary storage. This doesn't as I've dropped it for the reasons stated in the FAQ.

I have no future plans for this device. I still have it but I think it's already retired.

Edited by KonstaT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KonstaT said:

I have no future plans for this device. I still have it but I think it's already retired.

OK, then thanks a lot for having kept the device alive :)! It's been a pleasure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

someone help me please,my phone is zte v811w. and i successfully installed CM 13 Marhsmello. after that,my network is offline or nothing available (my card is not detected). how can i fix it? reply please,thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Junior Anwar said:

someone help me please,my phone is zte v811w. and i successfully installed CM 13 Marhsmello. after that,my network is offline or nothing available (my card is not detected). how can i fix it? reply please,thanks

Or you could have just read the FAQ in third post of this thread on how to enable dual-SIM features on V811W...

Edited by KonstaT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Or you could have just read the FAQ in third post of this thread on how to enable dual-SIM features on V811W...

Thanks for reply :) not yet,now im just trying first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Or you could have just read the FAQ in third post of this thread on how to enable dual-SIM features on V811W...

i already downloaded the patch,now what next step? how to install the patch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Junior Anwar said:

Thanks for reply :) not yet,now im just trying first

No, you read first!

5 hours ago, Junior Anwar said:

i already downloaded the patch,now what next step? how to install the patch?

Same way you would install anything. Flash it in recovery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please help me how to fix the problems.My instagram has encountered problem say "Couldn't load the image,please try again later ".If i using wifi connection,its can open normally,but if i using data connection it has problem. Help me please. 

IMG_20170127_231921.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Questions:

  1. Is your issue related to this ROM?
  2. Has it begun after you flashed a new version of this ROM or after you flashed it for the first time?
  3. Have you blocked mobile data access for instagram?
  4. Are other apps working with mobile connection?
  5. Have you already rebooted your device?
  6. Have you already cleaned/deleted the dalvik cache?
  7. Have you already uninstalled and reinstalled this app?
  8. Do you use any particular ad blocking or firewall app?
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks a lot. Great work.

But I have a few problems with clean setup:

- cant use Quick Settings in statusbar (second move down not possible)

- Home Button not correct workable, i cant switch to homescreen.

- only blinking led if i receive a message (show message in screen is enable)

 

Best,

sphoenixcompany

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sphoenixcompany said:

Thanks a lot. Great work.

But I have a few problems with clean setup:

- cant use Quick Settings in statusbar (second move down not possible)

- Home Button not correct workable, i cant switch to homescreen.

- only blinking led if i receive a message (show message in screen is enable)

 

Best,

sphoenixcompany

You've used wrong gapps package. You need to use recent gapps with LineageOS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, sphoenixcompany said:

I have used "open_gapps-arm-6.0-pico-20170214".

Form here: http://opengapps.org/?download=true&arch=arm&api=6.0&variant=pico

I doubt that. All that is caused by SetupWizard removal and it was fixed in opengapps a while back. Also make sure you've followed installation instructions in the third post.

I did a clean installation with open_gapps-arm-6.0-pico-20170204 gapps and those I've confirmed working myself.

Edited by KonstaT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.