Jump to content
KonstaT

[DEV][ROM][5.2.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, victormva_ said:

I need help, i want change the density dpi, i cant edit the build.prop , i hace root permission

Install the new build. There's an option to change LCD density in display settings and you can also now mount /system writable to edit build.prop.

Edited by KonstaT
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i´m bricked my phone when change the marshmallow to lollipop 5.1 , my phone not starting, and the recovery(cwm) reboot when select the zip rom in this cause lollipop 5.1, i can change the  recovery cwm to twrp and neither worked, i need help right now i´m crying , sorry for my bad english

Edited by victormva_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, victormva_ said:

i´m bricked my phone when change the marshmallow to lollipop 5.1 , my phone not starting, and the recovery(cwm) reboot when select the zip rom in this cause lollipop 5.1, i can change the  recovery cwm to twrp and neither worked, i need help right now i´m crying , sorry for my bad english

Your device is far from 'bricked' if you can boot to custom recovery. Just restore a nandroid backup or install a new ROM (there's instructions in practically every thread)!

If you've decided to format your sdcard as 'internal storage' in Marshmallow, it won't work in recovery, in any other device (phones, tablets, sdcard readers on computers, etc), or anywhere else besides this one ROM on this device. You need to use another sdcard in recovery or format your sdcard again.

Edited by KonstaT
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Your device is far from 'bricked' if you can boot to custom recovery. Just restore a nandroid backup or install a new ROM (there's instructions in practically every thread)!

If you've decided to format your sdcard as 'internal storage' in Marshmallow, it won't work in recovery, in any other device (phones, tablets, sdcard readers on computers, etc), or anywhere else besides this one ROM on this device. You need to use another sdcard in recovery or format your sdcard again.

Hello! Tell it how it was intended in cyanogenmod? This is an issue with the SD card will be always on, or can I fix it? Thanks, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, metallist10 said:

Hello! Tell it how it was intended in cyanogenmod? This is an issue with the SD card will be always on, or can I fix it? Thanks, sorry.

That's how it's supposed to work. If you choose to adapt sdcard (select to use it as 'internal storage'), your sdcard is formatted to EXT4 and more importantly encrypted. Your sdcard will be tied to this device/ROM only. It kills the portability of a sdcard which is one of the main reasons of having one in the first place. You can't use sdcard as a safe place to back up data (e.g. photos, etc) because it has no recoverable data outside this device (if your device dies, data on the sdcard is lost too). Just another chapter in the story of Google not knowing what to do with sdcards in Android...

Select to use your sdcard as 'portable storage' (or ignore the storage notification on the first boot) and your sdcard continues to work like it's worked with previous Android versions.

Edited by KonstaT
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi! thanks for you help, but i cant flash the new rom for recovery, its is spoiled, when select the zip of the rom reboot my recovery:(, i have twrp recovery

Edited by victormva_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, victormva_ said:

hi! thanks for you help, but i cant flash the new rom for recovery, its is spoiled, when select the zip of the rom reboot my recovery:(, i have twrp recovery

This discussion doesn't belong to CM13 thread. No one can help you if you can't even tell what you've done to 'brick' your device. Either way, I've most likely already told you what you need to do (use different sdcard or format it again).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, first of all i want to say Thank you for this release and for keep our ZTE Open C alive with this updates...

I don't know if more people have the same problem with processor overheating when flash this ROM and flash the Open GAPPS, the problem do not exist when using the ROM without the Open GAPPS so i guess the issue is this GAPPS, if no more people have this problem or know how to fix it well pls tell me and thank you again :D

Another issue is when trying to format MicroSD to use in system, it's not working and make a bad format for the external card

PD: Sorry for bad english, is not my native language

Edited by Tuk0x
Update issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tuk0x said:

Hi, first of all i want to say Thank you for this release and for keep our ZTE Open C alive with this updates...

I don't know if more people have the same problem with processor overheating when flash this ROM and flash the Open GAPPS, the problem do not exist when using the ROM without the Open GAPPS so i guess the issue is this GAPPS, if no more people have this problem or know how to fix it well pls tell me and thank you again :D

Another issue is when trying to format MicroSD to use in system, it's not working and make a bad format for the external card

PD: Sorry for bad english, is not my native language

I haven't experienced any overheating issues with gapps. Thermal is also working so your device can't really overheat either (CPU throttling occurs when core temperature gets too high). I've seen this happen and I wonder if this is what you mean? On first boot there's bunch of things happening in the background at the same time (scanning sdcard for media files, syncing data from Google account, downloading and installing apps from Play Store, etc). Once everything is settled, all should be fine.

I haven't tried formatting my sdcard as 'internal storage'. As discussed above, it renders the sdcard useless outside this ROM (it won't even work in recovery anymore). It's very possible that it's not working but in that case it's most likely a CM wide issue (sdcard is configured on this device per Marshmallow reference). I'll add a note to the OP and write something about these options to the FAQ when I get around.

Edited by KonstaT
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New build.

cm-13.0-20151213-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?m50kgqd2kot14kl
md5:02e712ba8e01dc6bd132e138d95c6f7d

-patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-2015-5697, CVE-2015-7872, CVE-2015-8539, CVE-2015-8215)
-Android security patch level: 1 December 2015 (merged)
-Android 6.0.1 (merged)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/11/2015 at 9:50 PM, rafaelweed said:

KonstaT, what is going to be your next step on "modaco" just for curiosity ??

 

@rafaelweed who knows, it was surprising when @KonstaT started working on the Open C. I do not think the Open C is dead yet, but if Konstat would like people to donate towards the next development device I'm sure we will be told.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2015 at 11:50 PM, rafaelweed said:

KonstaT, what is going to be your next step on "modaco" just for curiosity ??

On 12/13/2015 at 3:41 PM, hecatae said:

@rafaelweed who knows, it was surprising when @KonstaT started working on the Open C. I do not think the Open C is dead yet, but if Konstat would like people to donate towards the next development device I'm sure we will be told.

No plan, really. Probably just going to maintain Open C as long as I have the device. No plans to start any new projects. It's really not worth anything to sell it, though it just came a collectors item as Mozilla pulled the plug on Firefox OS devices. :P I bought a Moto X (victara) some time ago but I don't plan on doing any more dev on it as I did on my Moto G.

Firefox OS is dead. Jolla is pretty much bankrupt and Sailfish OS is (almost) dead(?). CyanogenMod is becoming less and less interesting for various reasons. Maybe a new toy is what I need if I want to continue this hobby...

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. 1213 build wont work. I tried install it to full wiped device and at first load it show startup settings error. I clicked ok many times but all the same. Also i tried reinstall few times. 

When im installing 1213 build at 1202 without wipes it loading but constantly showing notifications about missing free memory on device for sms and apps.  

Rolled back to 1202 atm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, u_d3v said:

Hi. 1213 build wont work. I tried install it to full wiped device and at first load it show startup settings error. I clicked ok many times but all the same. Also i tried reinstall few times. 

When im installing 1213 build at 1202 without wipes it loading but constantly showing notifications about missing free memory on device for sms and apps.  

Rolled back to 1202 atm

Should work just fine. Dirty flashed over a previous build myself without a problem. It's also been downloaded few hundred times and no one else has complained.

By clean install you mean that you also formatted /system partition? Maybe something with gapps package you're using or you have too little space left on /data to dexopt (on dirty flash).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi KonstaT, hi all,

First of all, thanks a lot KonstaT for all the great work and efforts you're doing for the community. Very much appreciated.

I'd like to give you a quick feedback on my experiments of yesterday evening, on my ZTE Open C (french version). After flashing the CWM on my device, I've tried both your CM13 and CM12 ROMs. Everything run pretty smooth for me except... the SIM card which is not detected in any case ^^ which is pretty annoying for a phone ;)

Anyway, I've struggled a bit after that to rollback on my previous recovery.img, but I've finally managed to come back to my old good FirefoxOS 2.2 image version. Image which actually comes from the french community builds (many thanks to them as well if they read this post some day ^^).

KonstaT, if that helps, I'd like to mention that a well know problem affects the french versions of the ZTE Open C: a bug in the firmware of the Modem (again, only in FR version of Open C). ZTE France has published a new binary to update this firmware. The french community has no rights to distribute them along the builds, but a procedure is given in the link above to update this firmware in the Firefox OS builds. I have little experience on custom ROM on phones, so I don't really know if that might affect my SIM card issue as well. But really, this unreadable SIM card looked weird to me yesterday...

I'd be happy to perform some experiments if that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dieftoad said:

Hi KonstaT, hi all,

First of all, thanks a lot KonstaT for all the great work and efforts you're doing for the community. Very much appreciated.

I'd like to give you a quick feedback on my experiments of yesterday evening, on my ZTE Open C (french version). After flashing the CWM on my device, I've tried both your CM13 and CM12 ROMs. Everything run pretty smooth for me except... the SIM card which is not detected in any case ^^ which is pretty annoying for a phone ;)

Anyway, I've struggled a bit after that to rollback on my previous recovery.img, but I've finally managed to come back to my old good FirefoxOS 2.2 image version. Image which actually comes from the french community builds (many thanks to them as well if they read this post some day ^^).

KonstaT, if that helps, I'd like to mention that a well know problem affects the french versions of the ZTE Open C: a bug in the firmware of the Modem (again, only in FR version of Open C). ZTE France has published a new binary to update this firmware. The french community has no rights to distribute them along the builds, but a procedure is given in the link above to update this firmware in the Firefox OS builds. I have little experience on custom ROM on phones, so I don't really know if that might affect my SIM card issue as well. But really, this unreadable SIM card looked weird to me yesterday...

I'd be happy to perform some experiments if that helps.

Did you read this part?

On 11/24/2015 at 5:08 PM, KonstaT said:

Important. Prerequisites!!! You need to install Android KitKat on your Open C first (e.g. EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip will do). You also need to have this ClockWorkMod or this TWRP recovery installed.

You need to update to official KitKat (Android 4.4) first. Official Firefox OS (and French community builds) is based on Jelly Bean (Android 4.3). Jelly Bean modem doesn't work with KitKat binary blobs so your SIM card is not detected. All ROMs posted here are also confirmed fully working on French Open C (nothing special about it besides proximity/ambient light sensor which most Kis 3 variants also have).

Edited by KonstaT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Did you read this part?

You need to update to official KitKat (Android 4.4) first. Official Firefox OS (and French community builds) is based on Jelly Bean (Android 4.3). Jelly Bean modem doesn't work with KitKat binary blobs so your SIM card is not detected. All ROMs posted here are also confirmed fully working on French Open C (nothing special about it besides proximity/ambient light sensor which most Kis 3 variants also have).

Waw sorry I'm confused :/

I wasn't expecting this image to update the binaries, and I indeed skipped this section in the process, as I thought this was part of the rooting process... My bad.

I hope your quote wasn't (only) made of annoyance, even if I can understand that skipping the first, red-written part of the tutorial can be irritating ^^

Anyway, thanks again ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi KonstaT and dieftload,

I too have a french open C and experienced from time to time SIM card detection issues, but only with CM12 so far. Usually everything goes fine after 1 or 2 reboots. I was basically assuming this was due to some failing parts of the phone, like the power button which is becoming less and less responsive over time.

I installed CM13 about 4 days ago and did not have any SIM card issue. As of now everything works pretty well, although slower than CM12.

Thanks once more KonstaT for your work.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, dieftoad said:

Waw sorry I'm confused :/

I wasn't expecting this image to update the binaries, and I indeed skipped this section in the process, as I thought this was part of the rooting process... My bad.

I hope your quote wasn't (only) made of annoyance, even if I can understand that skipping the first, red-written part of the tutorial can be irritating ^^

Anyway, thanks again ;)

You're not the first one to make that mistake.

Modem/bootloader firmware is only included in official updates. It remains untouched when you flash a custom ROM. That's why you need to update to right base version first. There's bunch of proprietary binary drivers (GPU, Camera, RIL, GPS, etc) included in all ROMs.

20 minutes ago, spalock said:

Hi KonstaT and dieftload,

I too have a french open C and experienced from time to time SIM card detection issues, but only with CM12 so far. Usually everything goes fine after 1 or 2 reboots. I was basically assuming this was due to some failing parts of the phone, like the power button which is becoming less and less responsive over time.

I installed CM13 about 4 days ago and did not have any SIM card issue. As of now everything works pretty well, although slower than CM12.

Thanks once more KonstaT for your work.

Yeah, happens sometime on CM12.1 for me too. Just reboot your device and SIM PIN query appears. Not sure what's up with that but nothing to do with dieftoad's issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Modem/bootloader firmware is only included in official updates. It remains untouched when you flash a custom ROM. That's why you need to update to right base version first. There's bunch of proprietary binary drivers (GPU, Camera, RIL, GPS, etc) included in all ROMs.

Thanks for the explanations.

Well let's go back to business. See you later with a successful flash this time ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bro, I really apreciate the great job that you do, but there is any chance to correct the issue of using the SD Card as internal memory on android 6.0? Out of that detail the rom works great!

Regards from venezuela!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.