Turkish official 5.1 available

Guest lunario

Guest Frostyjim

Am I right in saying it'll be a lot easier to create custom ROMs now that we can unlock the bootloader?

Judging on xda there is few problems in the Turkish 5.1.1 with crashing and lag.

Edited by Frostyjim

Guest BlueMoonRising

It doesn t recognize the package, I only need to download it or to extract it too?

You have to extract the Update.zip package and place that on the root of your SD card. The rest of the downloaded zip are just instructions, which probably tell you to do what I just said 

Guest grizzlyflea

So. What I want to know is, what does the bootlocker unlock switch means for us. Does it mean we can have custom roms and maybe even Cyanogenmod(if someone makes a build :)?

Edited by grizzlyflea

Guest BlueMoonRising

So. What I want to know is, what does the bootlocker unlock switch means for us. Does it mean we can have custom roms and maybe even Cyanogenmod(if someone makes a build :)?

I thought that the bootloader was already unlocked under 5.0.2?

Guest grizzlyflea

I thought that the bootloader was already unlocked under 5.0.2

It was? Would be nice if someone could make a rom that really takes advantage of the hardware that the phone has. Vodafone's build is kind of buggy 

Guest cashflow67

Dude... Of course it has all languages that Android supports. Ota downloading %80 :excited:

How did you install? Idownloaded firmware then I did sd card update but it stuck at %90 then my screen blacks and doesn't open anything. No boot, I cant enter recovery I cant enter download mode. When I restart phone it says "sistem güncellemeri yükleniyor" but it doesn't open again :(
Please helpme how can I solve this problem :(

Guest cashflow67

You have to extract the Update.zip package and place that on the root of your SD card. The rest of the downloaded zip are just instructions, which probably tell you to do what I just said 

How did you install? I downloaded firmware then I did sd card update but it stuck at %90 then my screen blacks and doesn't open anything. No boot, I cant enter recovery I cant enter download mode. When I restart phone it says "sistem güncellemeri yükleniyor" but it doesn't open again

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

I'm unsure where all this "crashing and lag" is being experienced, but I've no lag, no crashing (except initially with Google Play Services, which I updated as per normal procedure (update to 8.4 238, clear data, force quit "Google Services Framework", clear its data etc.) No issues at all.

Edited by macbreakweeklyfan

Guest maxibombo

Hello everybody, 

Can anyone teach me how to revert back to stock recovery to use offline update.zip? I'm on TRWP and rooted Ultra 6 with supersu.

Thanks in advance

Guest fluxcapacitor

Hello everybody, 

Can anyone teach me how to revert back to stock recovery to use offline update.zip? I'm on TRWP and rooted Ultra 6 with supersu.

Thanks in advance

From the TWRP sticky.

How to restore stock recovery?
1. Download TWRP flashable zip that matches your stock firmware version from stock ROMs thread and copy it to your sdcard
2. Install the zip in TWRP
2. Reboot recovery

Edited by fluxcapacitor

Guest psychomuppet

Working fine for me,  no crashing or lagging at all.  I had to change from Turkish to English on the very first screen,  and after installation uninstall all the bloatware. Thats it and now its running 5.1.  Thanks OP.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Working fine for me,  no crashing or lagging at all.  I had to change from Turkish to English on the very first screen,  and after installation uninstall all the bloatware. Thats it and now its running 5.1.  Thanks OP.

Did it reset the phone for you?

Guest BlueMoonRising

OK, I bit the bullet and installed. Looks pretty good so far, I was fairly happy with 5.0.2 but it does seem smoother now.

But Christ on a stick, those Turks like their bloatware don't they. I swear it took longer to uninstall them all then it did to upgrade.

Guest maxibombo

Thanks lunario :) now i feel confortable to try the upgrade. Do you know if in near future they release a 5.1.1 for us in Vodafone PT? I read also that a cm 12.1 build is avaiable, where can i find it? 

Guest BlueMoonRising

Thanks lunario :) now i feel confortable to try the upgrade. Do you know if in near future they release a 5.1.1 for us in Vodafone PT? I read also that a cm 12.1 build is avaiable, where can i find it? 

No one will know if they'll release a Portugese 5.1.1 (or a UK or any other country) although I can't see why they wouldn't.

There is no fully working CM 12.1 build, you'll find a link somewhere on here but I wouldn't recommend it if you only have the one phone and you need it to work.

Guest maxibombo

No one will know if they'll release a Portugese 5.1.1 (or a UK or any other country) although I can't see why they wouldn't.

There is no fully working CM 12.1 build, you'll find a link somewhere on here but I wouldn't recommend it if you only have the one phone and you need it to work.

That makes total sense, thank you :). Yes the one and only phone, just gonna try the Turkish upgrade and wait.