[DEV][ROM][7.2.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Huawei Y5

Guest KonstaT

Guest Alonso98

So, after the KRACK exploit discovered, are we getting a security update to patch wpa_supplicant? I'm aware Lineage released a patch for 14.1 builds and I read somewhere that it was being backported to 13.0 builds but I'm not sure about that.

Guest KonstaT
16 hours ago, Alonso98 said:

So, after the KRACK exploit discovered, are we getting a security update to patch wpa_supplicant? I'm aware Lineage released a patch for 14.1 builds and I read somewhere that it was being backported to 13.0 builds but I'm not sure about that.

I doubt I'll be releasing CM13.0 builds anymore. I'll probably release a Lineage OS 14.1 build with Blueborne and KRACK patched when I get around (no ETA).

Guest KonstaT
On 10/19/2017 at 1:35 PM, KonstaT said:

I doubt I'll be releasing CM13.0 builds anymore. I'll probably release a Lineage OS 14.1 build with Blueborne and KRACK patched when I get around (no ETA).

New Lineage OS 14.1 build.

http://konstakang.com/devices/y560/CM14.1

-patch recently disclosed BlueBorne and KRACK vulnerabilities
-Android security patch level: 5 October 2017 (merged)

Edited by KonstaT

• 8 months later...
Guest Alonso98

So, to bring back some life to this device, decided to build Resurrection Remix (nougat) (available here). I just built using the exact same device tree, vendor blobs and kernel source from KonstaT's github without touching it. Replaced the telephony-common used in LinOS 14, copied libboringssl-compat.so (to make the camera work). Applied the hack mentioned here and made a u23 patch by just replacing the boot.img from the last patch for LinOS 14 (using the defconfig for u23). I didn't make any change regarding to SELinux. The roms seems similar to LinOS 14 regarding stability

I recently saw this post:

On 7/22/2017 at 6:31 AM, KonstaT said:

I've reverse engineered Huawei/YEP telephony stack and I'm building telephony-common.jar from source.

I've updated kernel display drivers, display HALs are updated, so display binary drivers should be updated to reflect that as well. GPS not working is because your blobs don't match the updated GPS HAL. Widevine will also be dead with 5.1 blobs. No, there's no update beyond Android 5.1 for this device!

About sensors, check that you've rebuilt the dt.img after changing the defconfig.

SELinux is set permissive because there's still few strange denials that shouldn't be there. Everything should work with enforcing but there also could be some random issues because of it. SELinux has three modes (disabled, permissive, enforcing).

In the Resurrection Remix build, it's set as Enforcing. So the last thing I'm missing is to set it to Permissive to be as stable as LinOS 14? Probably I won't make many builds because my computer dies building android nougat, so I want to upload a stable build so I can delete the source code.