[DEV][ROM][7.2.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Huawei Y5

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
5 hours ago, Lemlin said:

When I read this thread (I think) a few days ago I thought I saw an issue regarding the latest B046 version of the firmware but I can´t find the post anywhere. I think it had anything to do with the bootloader.

Is this an something anyone can confirm or deny? 

You probably mean this post. I haven't run stock in over a year and haven't done any official firmware updates so I have no idea if Huawei really locked the bootloader with that update.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Alonso98
11 hours ago, KonstaT said:

LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.1) released.
http://konstakang.com/devices/y560/CM14.1

Yay! :D You don't stop surprising me. I've been testing it and most things work as expected. There still still the invalid number thing after a call but I don't really mind it. The U23 patch works perfectly. I need to donate to you again :D

Guest Echankar

thank you for your work KONSTAT, a dream come true! I´m new in this. I have 5.1.1

Which OS do you prefer ? 7.1.1 or 6.0.1 or 5.1.1

Are the newer one slower ?

perhaps the GraphicEngine in 7.1.1 does not work on the Y5 because of the old Hardware I think, but the other things are good for a update (Nightmode, better Batterysafe, new camera app ).

Guest Preob
On 4/3/2017 at 1:20 AM, KonstaT said:

LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.1) released.
http://konstakang.com/devices/y560/CM14.1

Wonderful, thanks. No bugs so far. Just when I tried to activate root it didn't have the apps option, only adb. This is fixed by flashing a zip given by lineage. 

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/root-lineage-os-su-addon-zip-download/

Guest KonstaT
8 minutes ago, Preob said:

Wonderful, thanks. No bugs so far. Just when I tried to activate root it didn't have the apps option, only adb. This is fixed by flashing a zip given by lineage. 

Yes, it's mentioned in the FAQ...

Guest KonstaT
17 hours ago, Echankar said:

thank you for your work KONSTAT, a dream come true! I´m new in this. I have 5.1.1

Which OS do you prefer ? 7.1.1 or 6.0.1 or 5.1.1

Are the newer one slower ?

perhaps the GraphicEngine in 7.1.1 does not work on the Y5 because of the old Hardware I think, but the other things are good for a update (Nightmode, better Batterysafe, new camera app ).

1 hour ago, Echankar said:

It seems my friend KONSTAT didn´t see my Question. If you have time please.

IDK, you need test yourself and see what you prefer. There's no signifficant difference in performance but there's always some repercussions hacking together Android versions given device shouldn't be running.

msm8909 is in no way old or outdated hardware. Qualcomm has released Nougat BSP for msm8909 so you could even see some msm8909 devices with official Nougat at some point.

49 minutes ago, Fablau said:

I make a donation, we have 5.1.1 also. Thanks for all

Thanks, much appreciated.

1 minute ago, iMesutOzil said:

this will work for  Huawei Y5 II CUN-L21 ?

No, of course not. It's a completely different device with completely different hardware.

Guest anmr2380

Great work with this rom 7.1.1 for this cell ..... but fix the problem that does not work the apk of "psiphon ui" or "clear psiphon" in the rom cyanogenmod ..... does not activate the vpn function of cell when this Connecting .......  The apk can find it on the internet

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bumikrr

Hi Everyone,

Does the Emui from Huawei works on it normally? I need emui with large and simple icons. It would be nice to have an android and no need to charge battery for a week too....

(sorry for my english, I'm not a native speaker)

Edited by bumikrr
det

• 1 month later...
Guest otc

Hi guys i have big problem. I cant unlock bootloader because i updated my stock firmware of Y560-L01 to the newest B046 and somewhere i read that it cant get unlocked when im typing *#*#1357946#*#* for product id to get my bootloader unlock code in dial nothing happens/backs to call history.

I was searching on net how to downgrade it but i didnt found anything.

I was trying do downgrade by dload and adb but recovery says i cant install older rom.

Any ideas? Thanks for help and sorry if my english is bad im 15 right now

Guest Mirk43v
On 01.05.2017 at 11:04 PM, otc said:

Hi guys i have big problem. I cant unlock bootloader because i updated my stock firmware of Y560-L01 to the newest B046 and somewhere i read that it cant get unlocked when im typing *#*#1357946#*#* for product id to get my bootloader unlock code in dial nothing happens/backs to call history.

I was searching on net how to downgrade it but i didnt found anything.

I was trying do downgrade by dload and adb but recovery says i cant install older rom.

Any ideas? Thanks for help and sorry if my english is bad im 15 right now

The only way you can install older build is to flash matching recovery, which needs unlocked bootloader, so in your situation there is no known solution, unless huawei reveals one, (but i doubt they will). So it's sad to say but the only thing you can do is to root your phone and try to squeeze all you can from stock rom

Guest KonstaT

Does the locked B046 bootloader allow fastboot booting stock recovery/boot images that are signed by Huawei?

Someone could try 'fastboot boot recovery.img' with stock recovery image extracted from this zip. Then you could roll back to previous firmware by flashing it using that stock recovery.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest otc
3 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Does the locked B046 bootloader allow fastboot booting stock recovery/boot images that are signed by Huawei?

Someone could try 'fastboot boot recovery.img' with stock recovery image extracted from this zip. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24591000424952169

I will try but not today 

btw can you do fast tutorial i do want to do smthing bad

Edited by otc

Guest Mirk43v

https://www.dc-unlocker.com/downloads/DC_unlocker_software

I hope i'm not breaking any rules of this forum posting this (if so , please delete it...) Anyway, some people told me that they got their bootloader unlocked by this tool, I cannot confirm because my bootloader is already unlocked so... this tool seems updated maybe it can solve this locke bootloader thing. Try it when you have time

Edited by Mirk43v

Guest otc
5 minutes ago, Mirk43v said:

https://www.dc-unlocker.com/downloads/DC_unlocker_software

I hope i'm not breaking any rules of this forum posting this (if so , please delete it...) Anyway, some people told me that they got their bootloader unlocked by this tool, I cannot confirm because my bootloader is already unlocked so... this tool seems updated maybe it can solve this locke bootloader thing. Try it when you have time

I will try IT too i will post if it works or not

Guest Mirk43v
2 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Someone could try 'fastboot boot recovery.img' with stock recovery image extracted from this zip. Then you could roll back to previous firmware by flashing it using that stock recovery.

I think i tried that when i first flashed your rom, and it entered in some kind of chinesse recovery, i couldn't understand a thing from it, so i can't give you many details...

@otc looking forward to hear the results :DD

Edited by Mirk43v

Guest otc
4 minutes ago, Mirk43v said:

I think i tried that when i first flashed your rom, and it entered in some kind of chinesse recovery, i couldn't understand a thing from it, so i can't give you many details...

@otc looking forward to hear the results :DD

Hey i have 2 recovery this chinesse and normal i can start it with vol up and power and normal recovery with vol down and power but im not sure 100%

Edited by otc

Guest KonstaT
9 minutes ago, Mirk43v said:

That's diagnostics mode - not recovery. Vol down + power -> diagnostics. Vol up + power -> recovery.

Guest Mirk43v
11 minutes ago, otc said:

Hey i have 2 recovery this chinesse and normal 

well, the chinesse one should appear if you type this while phone is in fastboot mode : fastboot boot recovery.img (like Konstat said), the normal one appears when you enter recovery via adb or via buttons

http://www.sorexblog.altervista.org/recovery.php

here is a translation of a huawei with that chinesse whatever, it may be different though... 

Edited by Mirk43v