Beginners guide to rooting the ultra 6 ?

Guest Jono400

Guest Jono400

Anyone give me a total beginners guide to rooting my ultra 6 ? Looking for the simplist guide to follow with links to the exact software I need for each stage ? Running the latest firmware on my ultra 6. 

how do I stop the phone from automatically downloading and installing the latest fw on the phone once rooted ?

thanks

p.s Noticed this video guide on youtube : 

Edited by Jono400

Guest Frostyjim
2 hours ago, Jono400 said:

Anyone give me a total beginners guide to rooting my ultra 6 ? Looking for the simplist guide to follow with links to the exact software I need for each stage ? Running the latest firmware on my ultra 6. 

how do I stop the phone from automatically downloading and installing the latest fw on the phone once rooted ?

thanks

p.s Noticed this video guide on youtube : 

Much better to just use one click root in wondershares  mobile go application for windows. Varying reviews of kingroot online. Yes it'll root your phone but if various forums are to believe they take info off your phone and you could end up with your imei number on some cheap iPhone clone in China. Whether that's true or not I dunno.

I don't like the extra app it leaves on your phone too. Mobilego can be deleted and root will stay.

http://mobilego.wondershare.com

Guest halfman

But if the phone is rooted and then wiped inTWRP and then installed with a custom Rom, does it not remove the rooting program. 

Guest Jono400

Okay thanks just trying mobilegonow but no joy so far, just keeps turning phone on and off,getting route access scren showing on pc but thats it. usb debugging switched on and developer options anthing else I may need switched on ?  will leave it to do what it may have to but to be honest dont hold out much hope ?!

Guest halfman

I used Kingroot from my computer to root,  then checked with root checker,  then used Flashify to install TWRP (recovery. img) then backed up the original rom(just in case) in TWRP, then installed Gypsy Rom. 

Do not restart you phone untill you get the recovery.img on or you will lose root. 

The phone is reporting over 44000  in antutu and running brilliantly. 

Guest Jono400

okay now temp rooted by way off kinkroot, have flashify installed so next it's the TWRP recovery img yep ? can you link me to where I can download this  ? what does this gypsy rom offer ? any others worth considering ?

thanks for bearing with me guys !

Guest LiNe171
I used Kingroot from my computer to root,  then checked with root checker,  then used Flashify to install TWRP (recovery. img) then backed up the original rom(just in case) in TWRP, then installed Gypsy Rom. 

Do not restart you phone untill you get the recovery.img on or you will lose root. 

The phone is reporting over 44000  in antutu and running brilliantly. 

44009? Pretty sure that's a lie.

Guest Jono400

Okay cheers guys.  Strange had route status last night when I checked with the root checker apk.  Checked this morning and it's showing as not rooted?   Phone was not rebooted or anything.  So guess it's back to trying to get it rooted?!  Okay anyone any idea why when trying to root with the mobile go now method nothing seems to happen the phone when connected to the computer just keeps going thru the start up /, close down routine.  Starts off as showing as connected but then starts this constant shut down / start up routine for ever more. 

If I can get temp root and I instal the sdcard apk that will allow the phone to read from card etc will it still work when the root is removed at next boot up? 

King root when tried again just keeps failing for me time and time again.  Any ideas to at least get me temp rooted?! 

Edited by Jono400

Guest LiNe171

You need to get temp root, flash twrp with flashify and then flash the supersu.zip on twrp ( you can get the zip by googling it )