PORT ROM UNOFFICIAL.RC2.cm12.1 for vodafone smart ultra

Guest gitanillo87

Guest Phurya

Hey everyone! Greetings from Portugal. I have CM running for 2 days in my SU6 and it's doing great so far! Only changed to Nova launcher, but the rest remains stock...right now I have 72% and 2 hours SOT, but it's too early to check such numbers,  usually I start checking numbers from day 3 after installation...but from what I see,  it will easily get 4 to 5 hours SOT, which is pretty great. Congratulations to the developer,  great job

Guest gitanillo87
Hi. Has the haptic feedback on the soft keys been fixed yet? That's the only thing stopping me from using this rom. :(

no ,unfortunately haptic feedback dont work

Guest Phurya

Let me see if I understood... You don't install the Rom because there's no haptic feedback in  the buttons...? Well,  I suppose it's something no one can't live without, really... I'm 36, and had quite a few phones already,  and not a single one I've used haptic feedback, and guess what? I actually do a normal living! Cmon man,  just try the Rom,  and then see if the lack of haptic is really that big deal. 

Guest johndoe555

Good ROM, fast and seems stable.

However there are two issues that I've been having.
First is the Data usage date cycle is set to January 1970. Can only change the day from 1 to 30, no way to change month and year.
The second is when I plug in a USB through a OTG cable there is no longer a notification. Previously I could safely unmount with one touch on the notification but now need to navigate to settings - > storage - > unmount.

As I said just small niggles, overall am grateful for the work you've done on this ROM. Thanks

Guest gitanillo87
Good ROM, fast and seems stable.

However there are two issues that I've been having.
First is the Data usage date cycle is set to January 1970. Can only change the day from 1 to 30, no way to change month and year.
The second is when I plug in a USB through a OTG cable there is no longer a notification. Previously I could safely unmount with one touch on the notification but now need to navigate to settings - > storage - > unmount.

As I said just small niggles, overall am grateful for the work you've done on this ROM. Thanks

about 70s bug,did you use mobile data or only wifi?

Guest ovecka
5 hours ago, Phurya said:

Let me see if I understood... You don't install the Rom because there's no haptic feedback in  the buttons...? Well,  I suppose it's something no one can't live without, really... I'm 36, and had quite a few phones already,  and not a single one I've used haptic feedback, and guess what? I actually do a normal living! Cmon man,  just try the Rom,  and then see if the lack of haptic is really that big deal. 

Everyone has his or her own requirements. No need to explain them they're wrong and you're not. ;)

Guest johndoe555
1 hour ago, gitanillo87 said:

about 70s bug,did you use mobile data or only wifi?

Hi. I was using mobile data when I saw noticed the date issue. I've attached some photos showing the problem.

Screenshot_2016-07-08-18-34-42.pngScreenshot_2016-07-08-18-34-55.png

Guest gitanillo87
Hi. I was using mobile data when I saw noticed the date issue. I've attached some photos showing the problem.

Screenshot_2016-07-08-18-34-42.pngScreenshot_2016-07-08-18-34-55.png

yeah but if you press o show wifi

010191ba21ac39be202f22959cff5499.jpg

on wifi tab shows correct date

a0dd987c2388ab158a1abdca44182bfd.jpg

so maybe it needs more data conection to "update" date...

Guest johndoe555
15 hours ago, gitanillo87 said:

yeah but if you press o show wifi

010191ba21ac39be202f22959cff5499.jpg

on wifi tab shows correct date

a0dd987c2388ab158a1abdca44182bfd.jpg

so maybe it needs more data conection to "update" date...

That seemed to have been the issue. I clicked to show WiFi and the correct date was shown. Even when I choose to hide WiFi the date is still correct.

Thanks a lot for your help. I'll keep using this ROM and look forward to anything else from you. 

Guest BlueMoonRising
18 minutes ago, pepi75 said:

yesterday on the vodafone store they  told me theres no upgrate for vdf smart ultra 6 and the reason is vdf smart ultra 7!!!!

Maybe, maybe not. The only thing certain is that the store will be the last to know and they want you to buy a new phone off them.

Bug 1 is on mobile data as already reported here. But how can I change the cycle date?

Bug 2 But not sure. I selected LTE on network But I cannot receive or make any calls. What option should I choose to have LTE?

Guest gitanillo87
Bug 1 is on mobile data as already reported here. But how can I change the cycle date?

Bug 2 But not sure. I selected LTE on network But I cannot receive or make any calls. What option should I choose to have LTE?

bug 1: try to use mobile data(about 50 mb) to update no way to change circle,

bug 2 try this

78e02916d572b20ec2557224b22da2b0.jpg

20 hours ago, gitanillo87 said:

bug 1: try to use mobile data(about 50 mb) to update no way to change circle,

bug 2 try this

78e02916d572b20ec2557224b22da2b0.jpg

still the same problem

Guest gitanillo87
Does build.prop need to be edited on cm ROM to prevent lag like the stock ROM? 

No,all improvements are included on cm rc2

Guest ovecka

Not exactly sure if it's a ROM problem but gmail and contacts sync very poorly (only if sync is forced and even then, it passes after several tries). Anyone with the same problem?

Guest Frostyjim
1 hour ago, ovecka said:

Not exactly sure if it's a ROM problem but gmail and contacts sync very poorly (only if sync is forced and even then, it passes after several tries). Anyone with the same problem?

No problems here with syncing. Mails come through immediately.

Guest matheusl02

Just tried this ROM due to many annoyances with Stock. This ROM is perfect! Excellent battery life so far, really fast, mobile data (4G/LTE) works and no bugs found yet. The only (very minor) issue is the lack of haptic feedback on the physical buttons, but not a problem to me. And the inclusion of the Dolby app makes it sound really good.

You have my thanks, great work!

2 hours ago, matheusl02 said:

Just tried this ROM due to many annoyances with Stock. This ROM is perfect! Excellent battery life so far, really fast, mobile data (4G/LTE) works and no bugs found yet. The only (very minor) issue is the lack of haptic feedback on the physical buttons, but not a problem to me. And the inclusion of the Dolby app makes it sound really good.

You have my thanks, great work!

You mean speakers sound better because of Dolby?

Guest matheusl02
On 7/17/2016 at 0:31 PM, lmod said:

You mean speakers sound better because of Dolby?

Yes, the sound coming from the phone is much better than on the stock ROM :)

Now that I've had a few days with it, I've found one small issue:

When you have a notification, the button backlights will not come on again after you clear the notification. It requires turning the screen off and on again. Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet!

Cheers

38 minutes ago, matheusl02 said:

Yes, the sound coming from the phone is much better than on the stock ROM :)

Now that I've had a few days with it, I've found one small issue:

When you have a notification, the button backlights will not come on again after you clear the notification. It requires turning the screen off and on again. Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet!

Cheers

yup I have that too. didn't realized it was because of notifications