PORT ROM UNOFFICIAL.RC2.cm12.1 for vodafone smart ultra

Guest gitanillo87

Guest RedFox200

Well, this is a great rom indeed but found another bug. The mobile data roaming doesn't work. The option enables, but the internet connection doesn't work. Tried it with the stock rom to be sure it's not something network related and it worked straight away. Keep up the great work.

Guest arther
On 31/7/2016 at 10:06 AM, ohyesman said:

Silly question - You definitely got permanent root? I know u have to do something with temp root to make it permanent - can't remember what though lol

Only other suggestion is try a different version of twrp

Apologies for not replying sooner, yes, the root was definitely permanent. Also, thanks for the suggestion of using a different version of TWRP but I'd no luck with that either.

Guest Yepi69

I'm planning on flashing a different rom to replace my stock one, how stable is this one in terms of pretty much everything? Camera, perfomance, etc

Guest gary.hawes.14
I'm planning on flashing a different rom to replace my stock one, how stable is this one in terms of pretty much everything? Camera, perfomance, etc

All working flawlessly ,camera great , no crashes at all , I use it every day , all day .

Gitanillo87 has done a fab job porting this and all the other Roms he has done for our devices .

Guest arther
On 30/7/2016 at 4:59 PM, arther said:

Have a write-protected, rooted device with GIPSY ROM V5 installed. Trying to flash the CM ROM using TWRP and I'm getting this error:

I've wiped the cache/davlik, tried both the normal factory reset and the format data wipe, neither of which worked. Anybody got any suggestions on what to do?

Had a look around other forums like XDA, Cyanogenmod, OnePlus, Stack Exchange and this blog. Didn't really find anything of much use on the forums, but the blog suggested it's something to do with the updater-script. His example uses CWM instead of TWRP, and is a fix for a Status 7 error on the S3 not the SU6. 

So could someone with a better understanding confirm that removing this from the SU6 updater-script:

if is_mounted("/data") then
package_extract_file("META-INF/org/mokee/releasekey", "/tmp/releasekey");
run_program("/tmp/install/bin/otasigcheck.sh") != "31744" || abort("Can't install this package on top of incompatible data. Please try another package or run a factory reset");
else
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata", "/data", "");
run_program("/tmp/install/bin/otasigcheck.sh") != "31744" || abort("Can't install this package on top of incompatible data. Please try another package or run a factory reset");

is equivalent to his suggestion of removing everything between the assert method? Also, from the device's Log File, I think this is the issue:

minzip: Extracted 3 file(s)
detected filesystem ext4 for /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system
about to run program [/tmp/install/bin/backuptool.sh] with 2 args
MtpServer::run fd: 20
E:request read returned -1, errno: 22, exiting MtpServer::run loop
Not backing up files from incompatible version: MK51
run_program: child exited with status 127
about to run program [/tmp/install/bin/otasigcheck.sh] with 1 args
You have an installed system that isn't signed with this build's key, aborting...
run_program: child exited with status 124
script aborted: Can't install this package on top of incompatible data. Please try another package or run a factory reset
Can't install this package on top of incompatible data. Please try another package or run a factory reset
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
I:Legacy property environment disabled.
Error installing zip file '/sdcard/CM_12.1_RC2_VSU6.zip'
Updating partition details...
I:Data backup size is 391MB, free: 8892MB.
I:Unable to mount '/external_sd'
I:Actual block device: '', current file system: 'auto'
I:Unable to mount '/usb_otg'
...done
I:Set page: 'flash_done'
I:operation_end - status=1

Edited by arther

Guest Yepi69
On 10/06/2016 at 11:46 AM, carlos1212 said:
On 10/06/2016 at 10:13 AM, gitanillo87 said:

You can do a port of the ROM ressurrection ? It would be great if you could

Anyone knows how to fix the low sound bug on this rom? I love this rom however the volume is very low even when its at max.

Guest RedFox200

I recently moved to UK and after that I started to have some random reboots. Sometimes does it once or so per day, sometimes one after the other. Any way I can debug this, or see what's causing it? I installed a Logcat but can't seem to pinpoint nothing in there that could cause that. The phone just freezes for 3-4 seconds and then reboots itself. Thanks

Guest gitanillo87
I recently moved to UK and after that I started to have some random reboots. Sometimes does it once or so per day, sometimes one after the other. Any way I can debug this, or see what's causing it? I installed a Logcat but can't seem to pinpoint nothing in there that could cause that. The phone just freezes for 3-4 seconds and then reboots itself. Thanks

really strange... try to reflash and see what happend

Guest RedFox200

That will have to wait for a bit, I deleted all my flash files. Until my broadband connection is installed, hopefully at the end of this week, I'm on mobile. And the signal is not that great here :D I was hopping I can do some research until then. Thanks for the feedback though.

Guest Skirttles
2 hours ago, Yepi69 said:

That helped but after I rebooted my phone it went back to the low sound bug.

Make sure  you select this settings at Dolby and disable audioFX app:

Screenshot_2016-08-15-23-47-10.png

Guest arther
On 12/8/2016 at 0:44 PM, arther said:

Had a look around other forums like XDA, Cyanogenmod, OnePlus, Stack Exchange and this blog. Didn't really find anything of much use on the forums, but the blog suggested it's something to do with the updater-script. His example uses CWM instead of TWRP, and is a fix for a Status 7 error on the S3 not the SU6. 

So could someone with a better understanding confirm that removing this from the SU6 updater-script:

if is_mounted("/data") then
else
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata", "/data", "");

is equivalent to his suggestion of removing everything between the assert method? Also, from the device's Log File, I think this is the issue:

minzip: Extracted 3 file(s)
detected filesystem ext4 for /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system
about to run program [/tmp/install/bin/backuptool.sh] with 2 args
Not backing up files from incompatible version: MK51
run_program: child exited with status 127
about to run program [/tmp/install/bin/otasigcheck.sh] with 1 args
You have an installed system that isn't signed with this build's key, aborting...
run_program: child exited with status 124
script aborted: Can't install this package on top of incompatible data. Please try another package or run a factory reset
Can't install this package on top of incompatible data. Please try another package or run a factory reset
Updater process ended with ERROR: 7
I:Legacy property environment disabled.
Error installing zip file '/sdcard/CM_12.1_RC2_VSU6.zip'
Updating partition details...
I:Data backup size is 391MB, free: 8892MB.
I:Unable to mount '/external_sd'
I:Unable to mount '/usb_otg'
...done
I:Set page: 'flash_done'
I:operation_end - status=1

Fixed the problem. When loading CM, I was trying it on a bricked-device. Fixed it, loaded Gipsy ROM, carried out the Factory Reset again, and CM booted up no problem.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest gary.hawes.14

Hi Guys /gal$ my phone has developed a screen issue , unresponsive about a cm from the left .

I've tried a full wipe and another ROM and just the same , any ideas how I will get back to stock Vodaphone ROM so I can return the phone ?

Where could I find the correct ROM please and would I just install with twrp ?

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For some reason OK Google doesn't work with this ROM.

The option I had on stock, OK Google from any screen, does not appear on this ROM. On stock I was able to use OK Google from any screen even with the screen off but with this ROM the option just isn't there, dunno if this is a common thing with Cyanogen ROMs or just this one in general.

Also, I flashed the DolbyAtmos zip and the ROM just got really slow like REALLY REALLY slow, I just flashed the DolbyDeco77x and I'm waiting for it to ''optimize'' the apps.
BTW, is there any option to enable vibration when pressing the soft-keys? I know double tap to wake doesn't work but I have to test Xposed with Gravity Box to see if it does the trick or not.

On 11/09/2016 at 8:27 PM, gary.hawes.14 said:

Hi Guys /gal$ my phone has developed a screen issue , unresponsive about a cm from the left .

I've tried a full wipe and another ROM and just the same , any ideas how I will get back to stock Vodaphone ROM so I can return the phone ?

Where could I find the correct ROM please and would I just install with twrp ?

Cheers

You need to return your phone and they'll replace it for you, just be sure to have your phone under warranty and have your proof of purchase at hand.
Unfortunately this problem is a common problem with this phone, I've seen it 4 times on my friends's phones and they had to return it, mine was bought less than a year ago but the second it starts doing that, its back to the warranty to get it replaced.
If Vodafone doesn't update this device until then, then I guess I'll get store credit and get another device.

Guest gary.hawes.14

Yep , I returned it to Amazon , no issues , no more available and latest one is not as good so went for a Motorola Moto G4 dual SIM , few pound more but I am happy with it , much faster .

• 4 months later...