Are all newer SU6 system write protected?

Guest JL94x4

Guest JL94x4

I have a SU6 which i bought last week and ive now found out even though its rooted, my system is still read only, meaning Xposed doesn't work. I need xposed. I wonder if all newer SU6 are write protected or if its random.. i can get a replacement device if its random and hope i get lucky.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Guest JL94x4

Are you able to edit build.prop to make the phone stop lagging? I can't do that. Also Adaway doesn't work after a reboot (i still get ads) because it can't write to hosts file..

If so how did you achieve it?

Edited by JL94x4

Guest BlueMoonRising

I got mine last August and it's write protected although that said I'm not rooted, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

It's definitely not random so don't waste time swapping handsets.

Guest kunft
5 hours ago, JL94x4 said:

Are you able to edit build.prop to make the phone stop lagging? I can't do that. Also Adaway doesn't work after a reboot (i still get ads) because it can't write to hosts file..

If so how did you achieve it?

use twrp to change system stuff

Mine was write protected when I got it but curiously it isn't any more... my file explorer can access and change root files while booted.

Guest ohyesman
Mine was write protected when I got it but curiously it isn't any more... my file explorer can access and change root files while booted.

Which will reset on reboot of the phone, same with uninstalling system apps. Only permanent changes can be made via twrp I believe.

On 10/07/2016 at 9:52 PM, ohyesman said:

Which will reset on reboot of the phone, same with uninstalling system apps. Only permanent changes can be made via twrp I believe.

You're saying that it allows me to edit files but on reboot it resets the files to their original state? Seems strange because when I first got the phone, I couldn't edit any root files at all (nothing would save) but now I can

Guest ohyesman

Try it, any changes u make reset on reboot if u have a protected system phone... easiest why to check is delete system apps. On reboot they magically reappear