Faulty Headphone port ?

Guest Adrian_B

Guest Adrian_B

Had this phone since September and Absolutely love it. In the past month or so I have had a problem where any pair of headphones connected would only come out of the one ear. 

The only way to resolve it is to fiddle with the headphone wire, bending it in place , holding it etc. Initially i thought this was with my headphones but i have tried several with no luck . 

I have tried 

• A factory reset (Unlikely but no harm in doing so)
  • looking in the headphone port for fluff etc (Nothing at all) 
  • using other headphones of different designs (All 3.5 mm) 
  • Every headphone plugged in is connected all the way and wont go in any further.

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue before ? 

Guest CompuTechish

The headphone jack may be damaged. See if the contact points are actually in the correct position. Maybe able to sort out with a pin. Never done this myself but I think its possible to fix using this method on certian devices but what do I know. Up to you but I wouldn't listen to me though in this case. Easiest thing to do is take it to Vodafone to repair.

Guest Adrian_B

Thanks you two, Had a look at that thread and indeed not much use. Thanks anyway :) Will have to send it off for repair when i get back from hols.

May sound silly but like most here I have unlocked the phone. Will i need to have a Vodafone number to send it off for repair?