Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 Bluetooth input lag

Guest Yepi69

Guest Yepi69

Hi there, I have bought an Android Mad Catz C.T.R.L.R game controller to use with my phone,  its a bluetooth controller only so I can't plug it in using USB unless its to upgrade its firmware.
What happens is that I can't use this controller with my phone, it has massive delays and input lags. I've tested it with my laptop and it works perfectly, also tried it on another phone of another brand and it also worked perfectly, however on my phone it does not.
I have downloaded the Bluetooth Auto Connect app and that didn't work, I have tried several roms and many wipes and same problem continues. Bluetooth on my phone works just fine, I can transfer files to other phones and connect to bluetooth speakers however with this controller I have this problem. 
What should I do?
I'm on Stock Rom rooted and with Xposed installed.

Guest wbrambley

I found the same thing yesterday with a mocute controller. (more for media than gaming) Turned BT off and on again and it went back to normal. But you are right, there is a problem.

Guest Yepi69
31 minutes ago, wbrambley said:

I found the same thing yesterday with a mocute controller. (more for media than gaming) Turned BT off and on again and it went back to normal. But you are right, there is a problem.

That doesn't solve it unfortunately :/
Its an unfortunate problem, hopefully Vodafone will might fix it.

Edited by Yepi69

Guest Yepi69
10 minutes ago, ohyesman said:

Try getting rid of exposed. I know that causes lag issues with the phone so may effect that too. Worth a try at least.

That solves nothing, I have tried with clean install of the stock rom with no root or xposed and the same problem came.

Guest ohyesman

Guess u might of as tried different ROMs but worth a try.

This phone deffo has some strange things to it. We got a smart security alarm and this phone will not pay ball with the app at all. Every other phone borrowed and tryed worked fine but not this.

I wouldn't hold ur breath on Vodaphone patching it. We had our one patch and that is our lot. I doubt this phone will see any other updates.

Guest Yepi69
11 minutes ago, ohyesman said:

Guess u might of as tried different ROMs but worth a try.

This phone deffo has some strange things to it. We got a smart security alarm and this phone will not pay ball with the app at all. Every other phone borrowed and tryed worked fine but not this.

I wouldn't hold ur breath on Vodaphone patching it. We had our one patch and that is our lot. I doubt this phone will see any other updates.

I had my hopes up for another update but then they removed the phone from their store sooo it all went down the toilet.
Not to mention they kinda did it to promote Vodafone Smart Ultra 7 which isn't anything better than Smart Ultra 6.

Guest ohyesman

Nope, got a worse chip as well hasn't it?

the ultra 7 pro is nice but not worth the cost in my opinion.

Still for the price this is a boss phone despite its weird issues and strange quirks (strange storage issues/options)

Considering the zte axon 7 for my next phone or maybe the oneplus 3

Not sure what else u can do 2bh, maybe a phone upgrade?

Guest Yepi69
46 minutes ago, ohyesman said:

Nope, got a worse chip as well hasn't it?

the ultra 7 pro is nice but not worth the cost in my opinion.

Still for the price this is a boss phone despite its weird issues and strange quirks (strange storage issues/options)

Considering the zte axon 7 for my next phone or maybe the oneplus 3

Not sure what else u can do 2bh, maybe a phone upgrade?

No way, this phone is 2 months old, bought brand new from the store, I had a ton of google searches before buying this phone, in terms of rooting, roms, bootloader and such.

Guest ohyesman
I had a ton of google searches before buying this phone, in terms of rooting, roms, bootloader and such.

And yet u still brought the phone knowing it has a locked bootloader, is a bitch to root if u got one with a secure partition and won't really have many options with ROMs [emoji1] [emoji1]

Guest Yepi69
And yet u still brought the phone knowing it has a locked bootloader, is a bitch to root if u got one with a secure partition and won't really have many options with ROMs [emoji1] [emoji1]

I was aware but for my budget, i wanted a phone that would last and would be powerful, so far it's fast but still.

This Bluetooth problem is such a downside for me.

Guest wbrambley
I was aware but for my budget, i wanted a phone that would last and would be powerful, so far it's fast but still.

This Bluetooth problem is such a downside for me.

Maybe someone needs to start working on building(not porting) CM13.

Guest BlueMoonRising
11 hours ago, Yepi69 said:

Hi there, I have bought an Android Mad Catz C.T.R.L.R game controller to use with my phone,  its a bluetooth controller only so I can't plug it in using USB unless its to upgrade its firmware.
What happens is that I can't use this controller with my phone, it has massive delays and input lags. I've tested it with my laptop and it works perfectly, also tried it on another phone of another brand and it also worked perfectly, however on my phone it does not.
I have downloaded the Bluetooth Auto Connect app and that didn't work, I have tried several roms and many wipes and same problem continues. Bluetooth on my phone works just fine, I can transfer files to other phones and connect to bluetooth speakers however with this controller I have this problem. 
What should I do?
I'm on Stock Rom rooted and with Xposed installed.

Try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.myklos.btautoconnect 

Guest RedFox200

Just a long shot, but try to use the device with the wireless turned off. I've seen a bug on a lot of phones where wireless was very bad when bluetooth was on. Maybe it works the way around too.

Guest Yepi69

It was precisely that app I've installed and tried, didn't work.

The service of that app doesn't stick either.

Maybe someone needs to start working on building(not porting) CM13.

Won't that be hard without a source?

Just a long shot, but try to use the device with the wireless turned off. I've seen a bug on a lot of phones where wireless was very bad when bluetooth was on. Maybe it works the way around too.

I've also noticed such bug, maybe it's the frequencies of both technologies? Will try it.