HUDL damaged, what's a current equivalent tablet?

Guest state-it

Guest state-it

Hi there,

After a pet-related accident my HUDL2 is behaving erratically and is on it's way out.

I like the HUDL as a 'take-anywhere' inexpensive tablet that performs really, really well. 

What would you guys buy as an equivalent 'excellent-but-inexpensive' replacement that's a current-year release?

[edit] My main 'like' of the HUDL 2 is it's solid construction. I'm happy letting a gang of small kids use it, but not so much my Tab S2. I use it for media consumption as opposed to 3D gaming, for which purpose it excels. I also like it's micro HDMI ouput, which frees the USB port for charging. I also like it's strong sound output. This betters any Samsung offering [/edit]

TIA,

Sullivan

Edited by state-it

Guest George Styles

Hi,

When my Hudl2 died a couple of weeks ago (cracked screen), i replaced it with a NVidia Shield K1.

Its pretty similar to the Hudl, and also priced around £150

However, I think i got very lucky to get one - they are very difficult to get - i got mine from Digitech in Switzerland, but it seems they have sold out now..

If you can find one, id reccomend it as a Hudl successor, especially if you like games...

hth

g

Guest oldscot

Aside from my h2 we have a couple of Amazon kindle fire's (bought at Xmas when they were 30 odd pounds, but still only 50 now). Both rooted with CM12 on instead of fire os easy to do with early versions of fire os, bit more effort with recent versions. Plenty of help on xda forum. Much better than I expected for the price good for kids. Not gorilla glass so a bit scratchable and obviously not up to more demanding games but a much better device than the price suggests.