[DEV][ROM][28.1.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
On 11/29/2016 at 1:02 AM, causeway said:

This probably isn't the place to ask this but i thought someone here might know the answer.

I'm realllly loving this ROM. It works great for me except i cannot for the life of me get sound to work in KODI.

I've tried all the usual 'easy' fixes that i found online but i'm guessing that maybe it could be due to the known limitations of the kernel on this device and Cherry Trail in general?

The GUI sounds work fine but are offset by about a second but as soon as a video is played, all sound stops.

Any ideas?

On 11/29/2016 at 9:35 PM, causeway said:

http://pastebin.com/73zVKDX0

Hope this helps?

Nothing too interesting in that log (except to PowerHAL errors I haven't seen before but unrelated to this issue). I've installed Kodi myself and I can reproduce the issue.

Sound on Kodi actually works with the CM13 build I'm currently running. That could indicate some framework issue on CM12.1. Like said, not that many non-Qualcomm/Nexus running CM and these are the first and only Intel Cherry Trail ones.

19 hours ago, TABU89 said:

I hope I did right. The game took an example, it is late the sound from the animation about a second.

Clash.txt

Generally speaking, need a lot longer logs. Or you could have just said 'Clash of Clans' (go Finland ;)) and I could have tested it myself sometime.

Same as above, I can reproduce the issue but I don't see anything interesting in logs. No lag with the CM13 build I'm currently running.

Edited by KonstaT

25 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Generally speaking, need a lot longer logs. Or you could have just said 'Clash of Clans' (go Finland ;)) and I could have tested it myself sometime.

Same as above, I can reproduce the issue but I don't see anything interesting in logs. No lag with the CM13 build I'm currently running.

English is not my native language, so that the effect of using an interpreter, I understand you work on CM13 now? If yes, when it comes out about even. Thank you very much for your help, Sorry to trouble you,

Not the right place to ask but are there any app to adjust the display settings. 

Screen looks washed out in my Hi10 Plus (with Z8350 processor) when compared to Hi10 or even Teclast X98 II Air. Image looks bright with less contrast even after reducing the brightness to 0. Any help will be appreciated.

Guest Skyfire

Hi there, I'm expierencing some troubles with the latest rom: 1. It takes 4 to 5 seconds to wake up from deepsleep 2. when waking up somtimes the lockscreen is unresponsive  and turns off after 1 second 3. Windows Button seems overresponsive . has anyone encountered these issues ?

Kind regards, Skyfire

Guest Skyfire
On 11/27/2016 at 9:02 PM, KonstaT said:

Is there non-freezing Vi10 Plus devices? Installing it shouldn't at least hurt anyone. Going to include source built kernel if/when there's a next build anyway. Already listed the main changes. Check git history if you want to get more into detail.

Haven't still received any feedback (good or bad) on the kernel. At least it has completely fixed the freezing issue for me. Currently running with 60h uptime and that's something I could only dream of before. :)

My first Vi10 + was a freezing tab the second was ok out of the box. :)

Guest KonstaT
18 minutes ago, Skyfire said:

My first Vi10 + was a freezing tab the second was ok out of the box. :)

Could you do

cat /sys/devices/pci0000:00/80860F14:00/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0:0001/name

on both?

Guest Skyfire

Sorry the first one I returned to gearbest as doa about two months ago. But I can do that on the other one tomorrow. I presume I need to copy that into windows command prompt with my tab in fastboot mode ?

Edited by Skyfire

Guest KonstaT
14 minutes ago, Skyfire said:

Sorry the first one I returned to gearbest as doa about two months ago. But I can do that on the other one tomorrow. I presume I need to copy that into windows command prompt with my tab in fastboot mode ?

No. 'adb shell' or Terminal Emulator.

Guest KonstaT
46 minutes ago, Skyfire said:

It says NCard. Is that what you where looking for?

Mine's Ncard, too, and it's freezing kind. Just though that maybe they've used different eMMC on different batches.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest PalmTrees
1 hour ago, tipo0011 said:

What about autonomy with this Rom? Is it comparable to Windows? Can the tablet reach about 7-8 hours of screen on?

Install the rom and run a benchmark tool and post the result here :) 

Guest KonstaT
20 hours ago, Skyfire said:

Hi there, I'm expierencing some troubles with the latest rom: 1. It takes 4 to 5 seconds to wake up from deepsleep 2. when waking up somtimes the lockscreen is unresponsive  and turns off after 1 second 3. Windows Button seems overresponsive . has anyone encountered these issues ?

Kind regards, Skyfire

1&2. Haven't come across such issues with CM12.1. CM13 now likes deep sleep so much it's slow to wake up. :P

3. Yes, I'm aware of it. It no different to stock firmware, though.

5 hours ago, tipo0011 said:

What about autonomy with this Rom? Is it comparable to Windows? Can the tablet reach about 7-8 hours of screen on?

It's comparable to stock Remix OS/Android. I've never used Windows on this device so I wouldn't know. I've heard standby battery drain is terrible on Windows (can't do a full day without a charge). Android on the other hand can stay on standby for days/weeks. No idea about SOT because I've never just normally 'used' my device from 100%->zero (always rebooting, switching ROMs & charging while USB debugging).

Edited by KonstaT

Guest tipo0011
7 hours ago, KonstaT said:

It's comparable to stock Remix OS/Android. I've never used Windows on this device so I wouldn't know. I've heard standby battery drain is terrible on Windows (can't do a full day without a charge). Android on the other hand can stay on standby for days/weeks. No idea about SOT because I've never just normally 'used' my device from 100%->zero (always rebooting, switching ROMs & charging while USB debugging).

EDIT: for chuwi Hibook Pro:

With normal use the tablet can last about 7-8 hours of screen on in Windows, while only 5-6 hours of screen on in Android. So, generally, Windows seems to be more optimised than Android.

Edited by tipo0011

Guest KonstaT
14 hours ago, tipo0011 said:

EDIT: for chuwi Hibook Pro:

With normal use the tablet can last about 7-8 hours of screen on in Windows, while only 5-6 hours of screen on in Android. So, generally, Windows seems to be more optimised than Android.

Wouldn't say "generally more optimized" if standby time on Windows is just horrible... ;)

14 hours ago, FatFreddyDK said:

Just wandering...does your vi10plus also report battery to be 6500mah?

Yes.

I've been using cm12.1 for three days and freeze problem disappeared. Everything works flawlessly,  thank you very much! I'm now very happy of the purchase except for the quality of WiFi, it is really weak in quality signal and in file transfer speed. I was wondering why everytime i wake up the tablet from sleep a sdcard removed message pops up in the lockscreen. Another question is about Deep sleep mode. wich is normal discharge rate when the screen is off? Do you put the tablet in airplane mode during night or there is a specific mode to avoid battery drain?

Edited by UEGHIO

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, UEGHIO said:

I've been using cm12.1 for three days and freeze problem disappeared. Everything works flawlessly,  thank you very much! I'm now very happy of the purchase except for the quality of WiFi, it is really weak in quality signal and in file transfer speed. I was wondering why everytime i wake up the tablet from sleep a sdcard removed message pops up in the lockscreen. Another question is about Deep sleep mode. wich is normal discharge rate when the screen is off? Do you put the tablet in airplane mode during night or there is a specific mode to avoid battery drain?

I've always had sdcard inserted on my device and I've never seen any 'sdcard removed' message. Logcat?

I guess it's normal to lose ~5% of battery over night. Device doesn't have cellular modem so putting device into airplane mode doesn't have much effect (switching wifi/bt off does the same thing). I've set wifi sleep policy to 'only when plugged in' so wifi turns off after 15 minutes of sleep. Bluetooth is also switched off when I'm not using it.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Skyfire

Hi, I figured out that my tablet is slow to wake up from deepsleep and screen turned off only when my sdcard is inserted. It is a 128 GB Samsung EVO card. Tried it 6 times and always the same. When no sdcard is inserted tablet  wakes up in an instant every time. :)

Guest KonstaT
33 minutes ago, Skyfire said:

Hi, I figured out that my tablet is slow to wake up from deepsleep and screen turned off only when my sdcard is inserted. It is a 128 GB Samsung EVO card. Tried it 6 times and always the same. When no sdcard is inserted tablet  wakes up in an instant every time. :)

So exFAT filesystem? There's been other reports it slowing down system if there's a lot files on the card (fsck?). I'd still go with FAT32 where possible.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
26 minutes ago, UEGHIO said:

This is my logcat. Thank you

Need a log that from earlier than that to see what's failing. That's just parsing your mp3 collection so I guess sdcard is already mounted again.

Is this an exFAT sdcard as well?