[DEV][ROM][28.1.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
51 minutes ago, PalmTrees said:

@KonstaTI know this is the final build. Just wanted to ask if it's possible to change the charging LED - blinking while charging is a minor annoyance. Any quick fix to keep it stable? 

It's implemented somewhere 'lower' (BIOS?) than Android or Linux kernel. Haven't even found a Linux device path for that LED.

It blinks while charging and stops blinking when battery is charged. That actually provides some useful information.

Guest PalmTrees
1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

It's implemented somewhere 'lower' (BIOS?) than Android or Linux kernel. Haven't even found a Linux device path for that LED.

It blinks while charging and stops blinking when battery is charged. That actually provides some useful information.

Fair enough and good point. Some devices blink when charging is done - guess that's why my brain is annoyed by it :) 

Thanks for clearing that up. 

Guest Migual12
On 02/01/2017 at 7:39 PM, Migual12 said:

I also had troubles with SD card on my Hi12, tried different cards and formats. Actually my card is recognised both in Android and Windows. Finally I use Samsung EVO 64GB. I formatted it in exFAT (Standard) and performed full formatting. Standard means 128kb cluster size. In Windows I changed the driver to an older Windows 8  driver

Here the link were I found the solution for the Windows SD card problem.   https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/reading-sdxc-card/

Until now it works on my Hi12

6 hours ago, Skyfire said:

Seems like I found the solution... Without an sd card in the tablet the battery loses less than 1% over night. I'll try again with my sd card inserted...

Did you recognize my post above about SD card problem? I do not know if this solution helps for the battery drain but I will check if it appears in my Hi12 as I changed the driver.

Guest GinosCicci

Hi to everyone..

many thanks to Konsta T for his beautiful work.. I've installed cm12 and it is very efficient but I'm not able to power on the display but the track pad of the chuwi magnetic keyboard.. it's possible only by power button and volume button..

Guest KonstaT
3 hours ago, GinosCicci said:

Hi to everyone..

many thanks to Konsta T for his beautiful work.. I've installed cm12 and it is very efficient but I'm not able to power on the display but the track pad of the chuwi magnetic keyboard.. it's possible only by power button and volume button..

That's because of the 'keyboard dock wake issue' fix. You can remove /system/usr/idc/SINO_WEALTH_USB_KEYBOARD.idc (Vi10/Hi10 Plus keyboard) or /system/usr/idc/LIZHICHIP_USB_Keyboard.idc (Hi10/Hibook Pro keyboard) but then you'll have the keyboard dock constantly waking up the display again.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, GinosCicci said:

so erasing that file, display remains always on?

No, it wakes every minute or so just like with stock firmware.

You can easily test this yourself (e.g. renaming that file is less intrusive than removing and you can easily restore it).

Edited by KonstaT

Guest kostyamat

Hi.

This is compatibility patch for Chuwi HiBook (no Pro). It is based on stock kernel. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2EtzBgf13KZdjJYMlo2MHdxWmc/view?usp=drivesdk

and other version with init.d support and Windows partition mounted as /storage/usbdisk4 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2EtzBgf13KZVVhDTDNEb2xOVEk/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by kostyamat

Guest KonstaT
4 hours ago, kostyamat said:

Hi.

This is compatibility patch for Chuwi HiBook (no Pro).

While I appreciate the effort that's messed up in many ways.

Take zltnngy's CM13 Hibook patch as a reference. You only need to replace the kernel bzImage. Do not touch anything else in the kernel ramdisk! Ramdisk is even completely different in these two versions you posted. :o

CyanogenMod already has init.d support built in and works perfectly fine. Also setting SELinux to permissive is not necessary. A lot of effort has gone into enforcing SELinux.

Edit. I've now added full support/patches for Hibook (TWRP, dm-verity, CM12.1, CM13, Remix OS).
http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
17 hours ago, PalmTrees said:

Is it possible to activate "double tap to wake" screen? Without installing an app :) 

Not without hacking the touchscreen driver.

Guest santi.sc

I have problems installing Cm12,1 after removing the Windows partition in the Chuwi Vi10 Plus now I always get this error when installing something for twrp, instead when the Tablet had Windows the installation of Cm12,1 came out correctly.

Why this error?
Have you changed the partition and now gives error?
Any idea to solve it?
Thank you

EDIT SOLVED
In twrp in "wipe" select "format data" put "yes" reboots and reopens the twrp and is solved.

Edited by santi.sc
SOLVED

Guest Andres.S.O.

Hi from Spain, i AM very happy with this rom because accept my USB 128gb extfat directly, but the problems it's that can only use one USB, if i put another Pendrive on second USB it not mount. 

PleaseAnyone can help me?

Guest KonstaT
3 hours ago, Andres.S.O. said:

Hi from Spain, i AM very happy with this rom because accept my USB 128gb extfat directly, but the problems it's that can only use one USB, if i put another Pendrive on second USB it not mount. 

PleaseAnyone can help me?

There should be no problem using two USB storage devices at the same time. Actually CM12.1 can even mount four at the same time if you use an USB hub.

Likely something wrong at your end.

Guest Andres.S.O.

I use programs for USB information and detect in my case a pny drive, but not mount it, i tried stickmount and other but not mount, Any comand,program or script for mount? 

Thanks  

Guest PalmTrees
10 minutes ago, Andres.S.O. said:

I use programs for USB information and detect in my case a pny drive, but not mount it, i tried stickmount and other but not mount, Any comand,program or script for mount? 

Thanks  

Might want to consider buying this http://www.banggood.com/BlitzWolf-BW-H1-4-Port-USB-3_0-High-Speed-Portable-Aluminium-Alloy-Hub-For-Computer-Laptop-p-1121514.html?rmmds=preorder

Edited by PalmTrees

Guest Chuwi Hi12
17 hours ago, KonstaT said:

There should be no problem using two USB storage devices at the same time. Actually CM12.1 can even mount four at the same time if you use an USB hub.

Likely something wrong at your end.

I can confirm that although there are 4 usb mount points only the first usb plugged will auto-mount in storage settings. It's not a problem for me, I will only ever use 1 usb drive at a time.

Doc 15-02-2017, 20-46.jpg

Guest KonstaT
5 hours ago, Andres.S.O. said:

Thanks  

1 hour ago, Chuwi Hi12 said:

I can confirm that although there are 4 usb mount points only the first usb plugged will auto-mount in storage settings. It's not a problem for me, I will only ever use 1 usb drive at a time.

Ok, quite sure I tested this with USB hub at some point (with my iWork8 Ultimate) and it worked then. I've since only included one mount point USB storage (because who needs four, right? :P).
https://github.com/CM-CHT/android_device_intel_cherrytrail-common/blob/cm-12.1/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/xml/storage_list.xml#L34

Mounting X amount of USB storage devices works with CM13.

Guest Andres.S.O.
6 hours ago, PalmTrees said:

In the original Android versión with stickmount i can access to the two Pendrive, usb3 recoginze mouse and keyboards, but not mount Pendrive, the it's a problem with the mount

Edited by Andres.S.O.

Guest Andres.S.O.
On Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 10:17 AM, Andres.S.O. said:

In the original Android versión with stickmount i can access to the two Pendrive, usb3 recoginze mouse and keyboards, but not mount Pendrive, the it's a problem with the mount

Please any help for mount The two pendrives at same  time? Beca use if not i'll return to original poor versión .with certain  test The two  drivers  are detected, even  i can ser The  inside data. Thanks 

PD. We can do a petition on changue. Org  for chuwi Release The source of kernel  for hi12  and use for your  cm13? And answer to The problems  of this poor  quality tablet

Guest KonstaT
4 hours ago, Andres.S.O. said:

Please any help for mount The two pendrives at same  time? Beca use if not i'll return to original poor versión .with certain  test The two  drivers  are detected, even  i can ser The  inside data. Thanks 

PD. We can do a petition on changue. Org  for chuwi Release The source of kernel  for hi12  and use for your  cm13? And answer to The problems  of this poor  quality tablet

Well, you're running Linux on your device so of course you can mount it but it's not like Android would want it.

To mount second USB storage device (after first one /dev/sda1 is mounted to /storage/usbdisk with Android's fuse wrap).

su
mount -t vfat /dev/block/sdb1 /storage/usbdisk2

To unmount.

su
umount /storage/usbdisk2

I've also pushed a proper fix.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Andres.S.O.

Thanks konstat for your faster answer.i install a terminal Shell for use The comand and try. The properfix i not know how to use,but i'll try with terminal commands