[DEV][ROM][28.1.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest Android4Life
1 hour ago, Chuwi Hi12 said:

@Android4Life, 

Bios is very hardware specific, you should only ever consider flashing exact model, anything else will brick. 

That's what I was thinking, but I knew I was grasping at straws, which is why I didn't do it:) I just hate having a device I can't use properly. It'd kind of like when I first got my XBox One and couldn't download my profile to it since I was using my Galaxy S4 as my Internet connection at the time. The only thing I could use it for was as a giant Blue-Ray player. By the way, the Note 4 doesn't suffer the same limitations and I can download whichever profile I need to now. I know this isn't the forum for this, but I figured what the heck. At least there's a chance someone might get some useful tips between the annoyance of having with this goofy thing;) Oh, and though this may be of no surprise to anyone here, but I still haven't received a response from Chuwi about the ticket I submitted in regards to the situation that I'm sure many of us here currently share. It's only been about a day, so I'm trying to stay positive, but a phone number to call would be nice. Just saying.

Guest Android4Life

I've noticed something in the BIOS settings that I've only noticed a couple times, this being the second time. Anyway, there's an option 'Android-IA' in the Boot Override section under 'Save & Exit'. Not sure what it means or what it's for, but I did try to boot with it. Nothing happened, but I'm hoping someone here knows what this option does, if anything.

Guest crazycookie

Not hearing anything positive from the Chuwi support? No, not a surprise. All I got is two emails telling they are on holiday. This company seriously sucks.

Guest Android4Life
2 minutes ago, crazycookie said:

Not hearing anything positive from the Chuwi support? No, not a surprise. All I got is two emails telling they are on holiday. This company seriously sucks.

At least you got replied to. I haven't heard squat:)

Guest Android4Life
On 4/1/2017 at 3:18 PM, Android4Life said:

At least you got replied to. I haven't heard squat:)

I have some awesome news. I just finished chatting it up with Amazon customer service since that's where I had purchased my now defunct tablet from, and they're willing to give me a full refund and cover the shipping. The person I was chatting with checked out Chuwi's site, and they pretty much agreed that it sucks, hence the refund. However, I am now presented with a different problem. Should I go with another Hi10 Pro, or go for the Hi10 Plus (which is sold directly Amazon, by the way) for a little more and add on a protection plan? If I go with the Hi10 Plus, it's slightly bigger screen size might make it just a little to big for the folio case I got the Hi10 Pro, but I suppose I could always use Velcro to secure it in there. Used the right way, that sucker shouldn't be able to fall out. I am tempted to go with something different, maybe not another dual boot, but I still want to check out some other options because having both Windows 10 and Android is pretty nice.

Guest Android4Life
13 minutes ago, crazycookie said:

Congrats. Personally, I would never buy a Chuwi again

Thanks. I'm kind of leaning that way myself, but I have a USB-C to micro USB adapter I got specifically for this thing, so I'd like to find something else I could use it on. Hopefully, I'll be able to find something else on Amazon that'll work for me. Their customer service is obviously pretty good.

Guest Android4Life
3 hours ago, crazycookie said:

Yeah. Amazon is far better in that than Aliexpress or Banggood

Well, I tried to find something on Amazon similar to what I'm returning, but the closest thing I could find with the same amount of RAM and storage was a straight Android tablet that has two SIM slots, which I don't really need. That, and the thing is only GSM compatible, and I'm on Verizon (CDMA), and I don't want to pay for a feature I can't use. With that said, I'm going to give Chuwi another shot (somewhat reluctantly), and go for the Hi10 Plus model. I've already been refunded $38 to my Amazon account and am applying it to the new tablet, which is sold directly by Amazon so I'll be getting it by Wednesday. I'll get the remainder of the refund once they have received my current device, and once I get the new one I'm going to disable writing to BIOS as the first thing I do in an effort to hopefully prevent another such headache.  I believe I've also seen how to backup the BIOS settings, which I'll attempt, just in case.

Guest Android4Life

After playing with my new Hi10 Plus, I realized how much I missed being able to use the other one that went nuts on me. Anyway, since I decided to give Chuwi another chance, I was wondering if anyone knew of any versions of Android 7 that might work on this thing. I currently have Lineage 13, Remix 2, and the stock ROM that I can switch from time-to-time, and even though my Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 wifi has it's moments where it makes me want to throw it against a wall (the darn thing gets crazy slow at times), I was able to find a Lineage 14 made for it. I like the look of the ROM, and the fact that if you have an app called Taskbar installed, it takes advantage of the way better multi-window support than what's currently offered in Lineage 13. It kind of makes it feel a little more like you're using Remix 2, but without the taskbar at the bottom. The app lets you choose to open an app in window or full screen mode, just like in Remix 2. Actually, the main reason I switched back to LIneage 13 was because a couple apps I have don't work properly in Remix, such as being able to sign into Swiftkey when you first install the keyboard so you can download new and different themes, or Google Play Movies. Sorry to be so long winded, but if anyone has any ideas or thoughts, feel free to share. Thanks in advance.

Guest Android4Life

Just wondering, but is there a Chuwi version of Lineage 14.1 being worked on? Now that I'm using a Chuwi tablet as my main tablet  again, I miss the Lineage 14.1 that I installed on my Galaxy Tab 3 8.0.

Guest KonstaT
On 4/13/2017 at 11:15 AM, Android4Life said:

Just wondering, but is there a Chuwi version of Lineage 14.1 being worked on? Now that I'm using a Chuwi tablet as my main tablet  again, I miss the Lineage 14.1 that I installed on my Galaxy Tab 3 8.0.

Recently discussed in CM13 thread. Not likely to happen.

Guest Hi12Guy
11 hours ago, Chuwi Hi12 said:

You can calibrate color under Settings / Display and Lights / LiveDisplay

But no Satturation and Contrast :(

Guest KonstaT
22 hours ago, Hi12Guy said:

This is not a Qualcomm device so that driver would never work.

Half these devices (Hi12 included) don't have kernel source available and use prebuilt stock kernel anyway.

Guest Android4Life
On 04/14/2017 at 0:51 PM, KonstaT said:

Recently discussed in CM13 thread. Not likely to happen.

Yeah, sorry about that. I should've done a bit more reading first, just got a little lazy.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tizoreol

hey KonstaT i am very satisfied with this rom but i have only one question i would like to know if it's possible to make the ethernet through usb adaptator to work cause it's working on windows and not on android thank you again for your great contribution!! 

Guest KonstaT
9 minutes ago, Tizoreol said:

hey KonstaT i am very satisfied with this rom but i have only one question i would like to know if it's possible to make the ethernet through usb adaptator to work cause it's working on windows and not on android thank you again for your great contribution!! 

Maybe, but I don't have hardware to test that. What kind of adapter are you using?

Guest KonstaT
8 minutes ago, Tizoreol said:
5 minutes ago, Tizoreol said:

I'll check if I can get one cheap from eBay/China.

It shouldn't make any difference which USB port you're using.