[DEV][ROM][28.1.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest Android4Life

Question... Is there a way to disable the deep sleep function in the Lineage 13 ROM? I ask because every time I wake my Hi10 Plus after leaving it for a while, I notice that it acts like I just inserted a SD card, which kind of throws things a little out-of-whack when using apps like 'Folder Mount' or 'Apps2SD' so I can install somewhat large games. The deep sleep feature isn't all bad, though. I do like how it seems to cut the Wi-Fi when the screen is off, then re-enables it once you wake it up again. I would prefer to be able to disable it rather than install a different ROM, but no biggie either way.

Guest Android4Life

Does anyone here know where to find the SD card fix for the Hi10 Plus? I've read online that there's either a BIOS update that resolves the issue, but I didn't see anything listed on the Chuwi forum for the Hi10 Plus. There is a SD card fix download for the Hi10 (not sure which model, but it does provide this stipulation: Serial HI10 64G42151105000 Or More Only). There is a download section for the Hi10 Plus, but it's only a package of drivers. I downloaded the package, but I didn't notice anything that looked like it had anything to do with the SD card reader or BIOS.

Guest Android4Life
4 hours ago, ViAlexSt said:

There's a possibility of the Phoenix OS x86 for Teclast Tbook to run. Only one bug - the error appears when calling options "For developers".

I tried installing both the 'Phoenix' and 'Remix' ROMs for Teclast, and both failed. Something about not finding the 'meta' or something like that. The Phoenix ROM I tried that's at https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=122001 installs and works fine, if you don't mind a few random system apps that show in Chinese script. The first screen that shows after boot finishes is in Chinese, but it's fairly easy to select the  language you need. It also downloads as a .zip file, just like the one for the Teclast tablets.

Guest Android4Life

I almost forgot... regarding the Bliss ROM that was suggested, I took a look at the downloads for our particular device(s), and since they're x86-base, they're downloaded as .iso ROMs like the Windows

downloads on the Chuwi forums. The instructions listed on xda don't mention anything about installing Bliss with the Intel flash tool that's been recommended elsewhere when needing to reinstall Windows,

although it did provide some instructions on how to do it through other means. I know that if one uses the Intel Phone Flash Tool to push an image to their tablet, they're supposed to include an instruction that

prevents the tool from wiping the Windows partition called 'flash-no erase', I think. I want to try it on my Hi10 Plus, mainly due to the fact I already have a custom 7.1 ROM on my Tab 3 8.0, and it works pretty well

and my Hi10 Plus is getting a little jealous;)

Guest Android4Life

Quick poll...

How many people here use the Hi10 Plus dual boot tablet that runs Windows 10 and some variant of Android?

Of those people, how many experience issues with the SD card reader? Specifically, issues such as Android (for me, it doesn't seem to matter which version) behaving as if the card had been removed after

leaving the tablet alone for a while after turning the display off. I restored my backup of Remix just a little earlier today, about an hour or so ago, left it alone for a while, then woke it up to find the default file

explorer open like I had either removed or inserted a memory card.This happens whenever I'm running CM 12.1, Lineage 14, and now Remix 2. For all I know, the backup of Phoenix I have probably does it,

too. I can't speak for the original 5.1 stock ROM the thing came with, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did the exact same thing. It's not like it prevents the tablet from running properly or anything, but when using

apps like Apps2SD so you can install decent-sized games like Dead Trigger 2 and other games of about the same size, or bigger, it gets a little annoying. Anywho, someone pop in here to let me know I'm not

alone in this. I know others have had issues with the reader in their device, but I just wanted to see if there have been similar issues with other users. Thanks in advance.

Guest Android4Life

Quick poll...

How many people here use the Hi10 Plus dual boot tablet that runs Windows 10 and some variant of Android?

Of those people, how many experience issues with the SD card reader? Specifically, issues such as Android (for me, it doesn't seem to matter which version) behaving as if the card had been removed after

leaving the tablet alone for a while after turning the display off. I restored my backup of Remix just a little earlier today, about an hour or so ago, left it alone for a while, then woke it up to find the default file

explorer open like I had either removed or inserted a memory card.This happens whenever I'm running CM 12.1, Lineage 14, and now Remix 2. For all I know, the backup of Phoenix I have probably does it,

too. I can't speak for the original 5.1 stock ROM the thing came with, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did the exact same thing. It's not like it prevents the tablet from running properly or anything, but when using

apps like Apps2SD so you can install decent-sized games like Dead Trigger 2 and other games of about the same size, or bigger, it gets a little annoying. Anywho, someone pop in here to let me know I'm not

alone in this. I know others have had issues with the reader in their device, but I just wanted to see if there have been similar issues with other users. Thanks in advance.

Edit: OK, I think I may have found a solution to the SD card thing online, but I'm still not quire sure yet. I found a tip from a person experiencing a similar problem (can't remember the phone/device they were

using), but someone suggested name the SD card, doesn't matter what. Anyway, I named mine 'External', popped it into the slot, and let the thing set for about 8 minutes after it finished booting (8 or so minutes is

usually about the amount of time, give-or-take, that it takes for whatever version of Android I have installed at the time to 'eject' the card. I'm on Remix 2 right now, and after letting the tablet for almost another

eight minutes, the card is still showing. I just put it to sleep using the 'Standby' option in the power menu, and will let it sit for about 20 minutes this time. Hopefully, naming the card did the trick, but only time will tell.

Guest ViAlexSt
2 hours ago, pawwaap said:

Is Phoenix and Bliss somewhat similar?

No. Phoenix = Remix, but more complete. You can look at Bliss: using Rufus to write the Bliss image as a bootable USB-stick, then through USB-hub to connect to your tablet USB-stick and keyboard, turn on the tablet by pressing the key F7 to select the USB-flash drive, then the top line of the "Android-x86 Live CD". Definitely won't work touch, wi-fi etc, so to move the points have with keyboard.

Guest pawwaap

And could you characterize what Bliss is like and why people here miss it so much? ;) Is it better than RemixOS or Android LineageOS or Cyanomod and in what respect?

Guest Android4Life
51 minutes ago, pawwaap said:

And could you characterize what Bliss is like and why people here miss it so much? ;) Is it better than RemixOS or Android LineageOS or Cyanomod and in what respect?

Can't speak for this particular version of Bliss, but the version of Android 7.1 that's on my Tab 3 8.0 is pretty good. Android 7.1 natively supports windowed apps much better than Marshmallow, similar to Remix and Phoenix.

Guest Android4Life
3 hours ago, pawwaap said:

Is this Android Nougat RemixOS as one may think from what you're saying?

If you're referring to the Bliss ROM that's been mentioned, it's not any version of Remix. It's a customized version of Android Nougat, just as Lineage 14 is a customized version of Android Marshmallow. There are more updated versions of Remix, but they are mainly for those who want an Android experience on a full computer. Until/unless someone figures out a way to install, or convert Bliss, or even create their own custom version of Android 7, Lineage 14 may be as close as we're going to get to having a Windows style experience. Unless, of course, you don't mind being limited to Android 5.1, in which case you have your choice of Remix 2 or Phoenix. Just remember to use the version of Phoenix I mentioned in one of my previous posts. I tried to find a more updated vdersion, but there wasn't one out there. At least, I couldn't find one.

Guest Android4Life

Oh, and I have a somewhat disappointing update concerning my SD card experiment. It's still being 'ejected' after turning the screen off. I think the amount of time I'm seeing  now is around 15 minutes or so now. I'm going copy the contents of the card and select the 'Use as internal storage' option in Lineage 14 since it's a custom Marshmallow build and see if that resolves the issue. It should go without saying that I'm not going to hold my breath;)

Guest pawwaap

I must tell you my problems with SD card has settled and now it works - so far.

And about Multiwindow functionality, indeed Nougat style is desired, however have you tried this XHFW3 solution?

I've made it working in both: LineageOS MM and CyanogenMod 12.1 LP from this forum, it works surprisingly well although it needs careful tuning with its complex settings, some settings work well in LineageOS MM and the other ones in Cyanomod 12.1 LP (and vice versa: these which work well in one Android might fail in another).

Guest Android4Life
46 minutes ago, pawwaap said:

I must tell you my problems with SD card has settled and now it works - so far.

Did it start behaving by itself, or was there something you did to get to work properly? Also, which version of Android were you running when the SD card started to behave?

Guest pawwaap

It started in RemixOS, then you advised to pull and put again and then reboot, and the issue gave in.

Probably it is because it goes weird on fresh system, and I switch between systems using TWRP backup/restore method. In this tablet Chuwi Hi10plus backing up, even with compression, goes extremely fast (2-3 minutes) and my systems incrementally grow from one restore to the next ;)

And have you XHFW in your system and what do you think about its usability and reliability?

Its functionality outperform Nougat split screen much however how does it behave on the two Androids from this forum?

Admittingly say if it works stable in Cyanomod 12.1 LP then this system will offer the best experience (without Multiwindow it works smoothly and drains battery the least)

Why do people want to have MM & Nougat so much while Xposed offers far better experience?

Guest Android4Life
7 minutes ago, pawwaap said:

It started in RemixOS, then you advised to pull and put again and then reboot, and the issue gave in.

Probably it is because it goes weird on fresh system, and I switch between systems using TWRP backup/restore method. In this tablet Chuwi Hi10plus backing up, even with compression, goes extremely fast (2-3 minutes) and my systems incrementally grow from one restore to the next ;)

And have you XHFW in your system and what do you think about its usability and reliability?

Its functionality outperform Nougat split screen much however how does it behave on the two Androids from this forum?

Well, I didn't actually suggest removing the card and rebooting. What I said worked for me was removing and inserting the card after a full reboot. If you have 'Advanced Reboot' in 'Settings' enabled, you can select 'Soft Reboot', which keeps the system from 'ejecting' the card, such as if you're using Applied or some other such app that may require a reboot. As for XHFW, I've never used it, nor heard of it, actually, so not sure how it compares to Nougat's multi-window support, Remix 2's, or Phoenix's. I can say, though, that using windowed apps in Phoenix seemed a bit smoother, at least to me, than that of Remix's.

Guest pawwaap

And, in Phoenix, how2 make status/task bar auto hide? And how2 to make folders with app shortcuts on the desktop? Indeed these two things disappoint me much enough to give up PhoenixOS.

Guest Android4Life

I got XHFW3 working on my Hi10 Plus, but I'm getting the same issue with Firefox, and possibly the other browsers I have installed (haven't tried them yet). The issue is the title bar shows as separated and off to the right when windowed, but it looks fine when snapped. Has anyone else come across this before, and if so, how did you correct it? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I've tried installing Aurora Firefox, the developer version of Chrome, Dolphin, and Opera (the regular version), and the only ones that seem to play nice in windowed form are Opera and Dolphin. The other browsers look OK if you snap them, but when you go to adjust their size or scroll through your open tabs, they act like you're trying to unsnap them and they look all funky again . I have Opera installed on my desktop, so I can still sync my settings and tabs if I wanted to use a browser in a windowed format, but I like the fact you can theme Firefox.

Edit 2: YouTube does the same darn thing.

Edited by Android4Life