[DEV][ROM][20.10.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest BacktotheFuji
14 hours ago, avidal said:

From Gearbest with Chinese warehouse option, I avoided customs using plain registered mail (not courier service).
I would never buy any of these if it wasn't for KonstaT's ROM.

http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pc-accessories/pp_443070.html

Thanks for that. I ended up buying another vi10 plus though, they're just so cheap! I played with a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 today, but didn't like the screen ratio which knocked the hi10 pro off the list. This left the hi10 plus, but I just don't need the extra ram / storage, so went cheap again :)

Guest FatFreddyDK
Anybody tried CM 12.1 vs Lineage OS on Hi12? Hows battery life/performance/global compared to each other?

I dont know for hi12, but for vi10 plus cm12.1 is just smooth. Linage have small annoying things like very sensitive power botton and slow wake up. Small things i know, but Cm12.1 is just perfect.

Guest Hi12Guy
1 minute ago, FatFreddyDK said:

I dont know for hi12, but for vi10 plus cm12.1 is just smooth. Linage have small annoying things like very sensitive power botton and slow wake up. Small things i know, but Cm12.1 is just perfect.

K, if I read right there will be no future fix for this things aslong Chuwi won't give sources? Right?

Guest nebo0919

Hi. Sorry for out of topic question, but i need some help. I bought 2 chuwi vi10 plus, but managed to break/burn both of them by charging it using different qc 3.0, and usb A to usb C cable. Now the tablets  wont turn up, they are dead…. Why no one warned me such things can happen and is it something to do with unfinished Bios or flaw in hardware design?   Can anybody suggest anything please. Shall I try to repair it?   Shall I get another one and update the bios somehow  so that it won't get damaged if using qc 3.0 port?  I hate chinese people for being  stupid and unthoughfull and  dishonest. They are like overgrown children  with underdeveloped thinking abilities. What a  waste of my time!

Guest nico2048

Hello

I am a french user of vi10 plus.
I have installed the different rom cm12 lineage remix and I always have problems to reboot the tablet or stops the different aplication android. No reboot freeze.
It is a 32go model with android and windows. Under windows I have no or few problems under android this plant every time.
By deactivating parameters in the developer tools on the gpu part it is better but it always crashes.
I think I have followed all the tuto (still thanks for the work)

Model cwi527 vi10 pq32g22160702980

Hi!

Have been using this ROM for the past month in my Hi10 Plus Tab without any issues but have been facing issues for the past 3 days with random freeze in Real Racing 3 (Only thing I use my Tab for!).

Once it rebooted but the last time around, screen went blank for a second and then displayed infinix Xui in the screen and Tab went back to Home screen (from RR3 game). Any help will be appreciated!

Guest PalmTrees
On 2/21/2017 at 11:04 AM, nebo0919 said:

Hi. Sorry for out of topic question, but i need some help. I bought 2 chuwi vi10 plus, but managed to break/burn both of them by charging it using different qc 3.0, and usb A to usb C cable. Now the tablets  wont turn up, they are dead…. Why no one warned me such things can happen and is it something to do with unfinished Bios or flaw in hardware design?   Can anybody suggest anything please. Shall I try to repair it?   Shall I get another one and update the bios somehow  so that it won't get damaged if using qc 3.0 port?  I hate chinese people for being  stupid and unthoughfull and  dishonest. They are like overgrown children  with underdeveloped thinking abilities. What a  waste of my time!

Press the power button continuously. Then it eventually starts. I had the same issue and thought it was bricked, but do as I said and it will turn on. 

I charged with Chuwi's charger and a Blitzwolf QC 3 charger. 

Guest BacktotheFuji
On 23/02/2017 at 4:47 PM, PalmTrees said:

Press the power button continuously. Then it eventually starts. I had the same issue and thought it was bricked, but do as I said and it will turn on. 

I charged with Chuwi's charger and a Blitzwolf QC 3 charger. 

Yep I had the same thing, orange light was on when charging but wouldn't switch on. A long press sorted this.

Hello KonstaT

I have made a Port of your CM13 for Chuwi hi8 pro (64bit), i have Change a lot of Things to run this Rom on the Chuwi hi8 pro, modfications on the Boot.img/Kernel, Orientation, Wifi, Bluetooth, Camara and many other things are changed too run your CM on the hi8 pro

I want to  Upload my Port for other Users, i hope, this is OK for You?

I can send you first a copy, if you want.

Sorry for my bad english, I´m form Swiss

Edited by tki

Guest KonstaT
37 minutes ago, tki said:

Hello KonstaT

I have made a Port of your CM13 for Chuwi hi8 pro (64bit), i have Change a lot of Things to run this Rom on the Chuwi hi8 pro, modfications on the Boot.img/Kernel, Orientation, Wifi, Bluetooth, Camara and many other things are changed too run your CM on the hi8 pro

I want to  Upload my Port for other Users, i hope, this is OK for You?

I can send you first a copy, if you want.

Sorry for my bad english, I´m form Swiss

I have no problem with that. Just give credit where credit is due.

You're going to have ton of problems using prebuilt Lollipop kernel (no kernel source for Hi8 Pro?). That's why I dropped support for Hibook Pro & Hi12. I'd recommend using CM12.1 instead.

3 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

You're going to have ton of problems using prebuilt Lollipop kernel (no kernel source for Hi8 Pro?). That's why I dropped support for Hibook Pro & Hi12. I'd recommend using CM12.1 instead.

Thank you, i know what you mean, I´ve finished the ROM today, the first start was perfect, everything was fine, but a view time after installing Kodi, i have many Problems, the hi8 is very slow.

No, Theres is no Kernel source fort the Hi8, I will use your CM12.1

Guest nico2048
On 21/02/2017 at 7:45 PM, nico2048 said:

Bonjour

Je suis un utilisateur français de VI10 plus.
J'ai installé les différentes rom CM12 lignée remix et j'ai toujours des problèmes pour redémarrer la tablette ou arrête les différents aplication android. Pas de gel de redémarrage.
Il est un modèle 32go avec Android et Windows. Sous windows Je n'ai pas ou peu de problèmes sous Android cette plante à chaque fois.
En désactivant les paramètres des outils de développement de la part de gpu , il est préférable , mais il se bloque toujours.
Je crois avoir suivi tous les tuto (encore merci pour le travail)

Modèle cwi527 VI10 pq32g22160702980

Hello

Someone you help me because the tablet is very good suaf that it plants permanently.
Help please

On ‎28‎.‎02‎.‎2017 at 7:00 PM, KonstaT said:

Theo problems are solved, the external SD-Card was demaged, and fragments of the old Image on the Device , after a format of System and Boot Partition everything is OK.

No problems with lollypop kernel

Guest benda95280
On 01/03/2017 at 11:09 AM, nico2048 said:

Hello

Someone you help me because the tablet is very good suaf that it plants permanently.
Help please

Bonjour,

J'ai la même tablette, depuis le passage sur le PORT de RemixOS de la VI10 Plus de KonstaT, aucun problème.
Je n'ai cependant pas de partition Windows.

Cdt.

Guest KonstaT
On 3/1/2017 at 9:16 PM, tki said:

Theo problems are solved, the external SD-Card was demaged, and fragments of the old Image on the Device , after a format of System and Boot Partition everything is OK.

No problems with lollypop kernel

Main problem is that device doesn't enter deep sleep mode causing increased battery drain. There are other display and media issues as well due to mismatching kernel/userspace drivers.

Guest nico2048
On 02/03/2017 at 7:43 PM, benda95280 said:

Bonjour,

J'ai la same tablette, le passage sur DEPUIS LE PORT DE RemixOS de la VI10 plus de KonstaT, Aucun problème.
Je ne ai cependant pas de partition Windows.

Cdt.

hello 

you have the same probleme ?

how delete windows and just install remix or lineage

Guest RHijano

This rom is AWESOME!! I only miss two things:

- I'm totally unable to find the OTG folder, neither on Root Browser... I'm going crazy!

- I miss the button which let us switch back to Windows. It was so useful...

Maybe some problem with wake time. Te rest, as I said, AWESOME.

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, RHijano said:

This rom is AWESOME!! I only miss two things:

- I'm totally unable to find the OTG folder, neither on Root Browser... I'm going crazy!

- I miss the button which let us switch back to Windows. It was so useful...

Maybe some problem with wake time. Te rest, as I said, AWESOME.

Settings -> Storage -> Portable storage. Or select explore from the storage notification. Some third party file explorers can access USB storage, some can't.

Just select Windows from the dual-boot menu after a regular reboot. Having option to reboot directly from Android to Windows barely saves any time or effort.

Guest KonstaT
15 hours ago, PalmTrees said:

@KonstaT have you decided on your next device? May I suggest iFive Mini 4G I know it's MTK Helio X20, but there are custom roms for that chipset - (http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_615501.html) :P

I highly doubt there will kernel source available for that device. Not going to get a MediaTek device either way.

I still might get one of the new Nokia devices as a toy. We'll see how they'll manage with releasing kernel sources and if the devices come with unlockable bootloader.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest amon79

hi have a chuwi hi10plus

i m a question.....this rom a only android or dual boot?!?!?!?

is simple or hard!?!?!?

how intsall?!?!'   i risk for my hi10 plus?!?!??!

thanks