[DEV][ROM][20.10.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

This is fantastic - once deep sleep is resolved it will be an obvious and necessary replacement for these tabs. Can't wait to have it as standard on my hibook pro!

Hi, thanks for all the hard work. I've just flashed this and am stuck at the Cyanogenmod setup language screen. The touchscreen don't seem to function at all there, I tried swiping at random places and the language moves as and when. I can't even hit the confirm button at bottom right because it doesn't respond. 

I'm using the HiBook Pro. Please help. 

Guest KonstaT
53 minutes ago, justln said:

Hi, thanks for all the hard work. I've just flashed this and am stuck at the Cyanogenmod setup language screen. The touchscreen don't seem to function at all there, I tried swiping at random places and the language moves as and when. I can't even hit the confirm button at bottom right because it doesn't respond. 

I'm using the HiBook Pro. Please help. 

You've installed the Hibook Pro patch? See installation instructions & FAQ in the third post of this thread.

11 hours ago, KonstaT said:

You've installed the Hibook Pro patch? See installation instructions & FAQ in the third post of this thread.

Hi,

Sorry for the double replies in both threads. I have used TWRP to wipe my System, did a factory reset, flashed 13.0, flashed the HiBook patch then flashed the gapps and reboot. My touch screen is still screwed up at Cyanogenmod setup screen, I'm unable to get pass the first language screen because where I touch doesn't match up.

I'm really confused as to why this happens. Do I need to wipe other stuff? 

Edit: Tried flashing without patch, flashing with the Hi10Pro patch, touchscreen still wonky at setup. 

Edit2: Still stuck at language screen, I have no idea wtf's going on. 

Edited by justln

Guest KonstaT
11 hours ago, zltnngy said:

Hi,

I tried to make a custom kernel for my Chuwi Hibook a few month ago, I could not finish it, but here is the source anyway.

https://github.com/ZoliN/ChuwiHBKernel

See the readme for not working list.

It needed quite a few device specific hacks for stuff like touchscreen and audio so I am not sure how portable it is to other devices. 

Nice, well done!

Have you checked the source Jide released for Vi10Plus? It has some of the drivers you're missing. I'm sure you can get everything working on Hibook quite easily.

https://github.com/CM-CHT/android_kernel_intel_cherrytrail

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, justln said:

Hi,

Sorry for the double replies in both threads. I have used TWRP to wipe my System, did a factory reset, flashed 13.0, flashed the HiBook patch then flashed the gapps and reboot. My touch screen is still screwed up at Cyanogenmod setup screen, I'm unable to get pass the first language screen because where I touch doesn't match up.

I'm really confused as to why this happens. Do I need to wipe other stuff? 

Edit: Tried flashing without patch, flashing with the Hi10Pro patch, touchscreen still wonky at setup. 

If touchscreen works in TWRP, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work in CM as well.

It's also possible that your device is from different batch with different touchscreen hardware. What is the stock firmware version your device was shipped with?

Edited by KonstaT

12 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

If touchscreen works in TWRP, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work in CM as well.

It's also possible that your device is from different batch with different touchscreen hardware. What is the stock firmware version your device was shipped with?

Sorry, I was being an idiot. It seems like I ordered the normal HiBook by mistake, damnit. Does CM13 still work for it?

Guest KonstaT
52 minutes ago, justln said:

Sorry, I was being an idiot. It seems like I ordered the normal HiBook by mistake, damnit. Does CM13 still work for it?

Maybe with a compatibility patch if hardware is otherwise similar enough. Would need to know what hardware Hibook has (wifi/bt, cameras, audio, etc) and have stock firmware for Hibook.

I wasn't planning on supporting it and it's at least not a priority now.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest zltnngy
7 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Nice, well done!

Have you checked the source Jide released for Vi10Plus? It has some of the drivers you're missing. I'm sure you can get everything working on Hibook quite easily.

https://github.com/CM-CHT/android_kernel_intel_cherrytrail

Wow I didn't know about that! Thank you, this might resurrect my abandoned project.

Guest FatFreddyDK
Can i use it for Teclast x98 plus?  The same CPU.

Before KonstaT made the kernel fix for us Chuwi owners i tried flashing X98 plus rom on my vi10plus. Result: screen uptime down, no Rotation, no audio. So i think not.

Guest RendeRR
10 hours ago, FatFreddyDK said:

Before KonstaT made the kernel fix for us Chuwi owners i tried flashing X98 plus rom on my vi10plus. Result: screen uptime down, no Rotation, no audio. So i think not.

Tell me please, which x98 rom did you use?

50 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Good news: deep sleep is working!

Bad news: I can now on only support devices that I can build kernel for (Vi10/Hi10 Plus & possibly Hi10 Pro).

Great news!!! I am currently running this ROM and it's very smooth. Could you please provide a flashable patch to fix the deep sleep? Kiitos!

Guest KonstaT
29 minutes ago, mtdb said:

Great news!!! I am currently running this ROM and it's very smooth. Could you please provide a flashable patch to fix the deep sleep? Kiitos!

No, not yet. E.g. camera is now completely broken because I haven't even added camera drivers to my new CM13 kernel.

No ETAs as always.

Guest KonstaT
45 minutes ago, absolut33 said:

Many thanks!!!

Do you know if these rom support widevine drm ?

I've included widevine blobs in my builds (from Cube iWork8 Ultimate in CM12.1 - from Medion Lifetab P10506 in CM13). Stock firmware from Chuwi doesn't have them. Widevide _should_ work but I haven't tested playing any DRM protected content.

Guest absolut33
I've included widevine blobs in my builds (from Cube iWork8 Ultimate in CM12.1 - from Medion Lifetab P10506 in CM13). Stock firmware from Chuwi doesn't have them. Widevide _should_ work but I haven't tested playing any DRM protected content.

Wow wonderful work. I have Vodafone tv and is protected with drm widevine. When I have some time I will try although I think that the app could have other protections mechanisms

Guest envisions
On 4.12.2016 at 0:42 PM, KonstaT said:

Widevine DRM is working, the main reason why I changed to this ROM, because the original from CHUWI doesn't have it!

Guest FatFreddyDK
Wow wonderful work. I have Vodafone tv and is protected with drm widevine. When I have some time I will try although I think that the app could have other protections mechanisms

Widevine DRM is working, the main reason why I changed to this ROM, because the original from CHUWI doesn't have it!

Where do we use Drm widevine? Just asking because i do not know, and dont know anything about widevine other than it's about playing protected files.

Guest KonstaT
40 minutes ago, FatFreddyDK said:

Where do we use Drm widevine? Just asking because i do not know, and dont know anything about widevine other than it's about playing protected files.

Widevine plugin is used by many streaming apps. I've usually used Google Play Movies to test if it works. Just tested it with CM13 and it is indeed working.

Guest farakes

regarding Widevine on the CM13 (from Medion Lifetab P10506), can someone check with "DRM Info" and post which Version and Sercurity Level is supported ?

Guest KonstaT
3 hours ago, farakes said:

regarding Widevine on the CM13 (from Medion Lifetab P10506), can someone check with "DRM Info" and post which Version and Sercurity Level is supported ?

L3, same as CM12.1.