[DEV][ROM][20.10.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest strumbol
I have the same keyboard and can't reproduce any issue with device entering deep sleep (don't know if there's any increased battery drain otherwise as I don't keep my device attached to the keyboard).

Make sure you've followed installation instructions in the third post (no hacks, tweaks, mods, etc) and provide logs (logcat, dmesg) if the problem persists.

Thanks for your answer. Apparently this is a BIOS issue, since I have seen what happens with Remix OS as well. I will check if there is a new version.

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, kaska3er said:

@KonstaT thanks for all your job. What works better on Vi10 Plus? CM12 or CM13? I mean performance and gaming.

CM12.1 is a lot less hacked together. CM13 is also perfectly usable as a daily driver IMO. There shouldn't be any major difference in performance.

Guest Richtj999

I am having some issues making nandroid backups. I am using a SD card as the destination.  

It seems that the backup will stall if the name is too long. The backup starts goes maybe five or 10% and then we'll hang for well over an hour when normally a backup takes under 5 minutes at most.

In remix OS when I do an Android if I edit the name before the backup it won't work.

With lineage the default name is so long that it seems to keep stalling so I'm not sure if that makes any sense.

I tried to edit the lineage default name to something small thing just lineage and it's still stalls on a backup for nandroid.

Any ideas what the issue could be as it sounds more like a TWRP issue or an SD card issue.

Thanks

Rich

Guest PalmTrees
1 hour ago, Richtj999 said:

Any ideas what the issue could be as it sounds more like a TWRP issue or an SD card issue.

Why don't you just create the backup using TWRP. Then copy the backup folder to your computer. 

You can use the restore function to re-create it later on if needed. 

Guest BacktotheFuji
32 minutes ago, PalmTrees said:

Why don't you just create the backup using TWRP. Then copy the backup folder to your computer. 

+1, I've found creating / restoring nandroid backups a piece of cake using twrp. Feel like Marty McFly going back and forth between Lineage 13 and Remix 2.0 :D

Guest Richtj999
2 hours ago, PalmTrees said:

So your saying just do the nandroid backup in twrp onto the built in storage & move it over to the SD card or my PC for safe keeping?  

Its not the end of the world to copy & paste it from my local storage to the SD card but for some reason in Lineage OS I am unable to find the SD card using root explorer as my file manager.

The main issue is I dont have much in terms of local storage to begin with.  Twrp & remix seem to see the SD card.

1 hour ago, BacktotheFuji said:

+1, I've found creating / restoring nandroid backups a piece of cake using twrp. Feel like Marty McFly going back and forth between Lineage 13 and Remix 2.0 :D

Do you save your nandroids to the local storage or SD?

I cant figure what i might be doing wrong here.

Guest Richtj999

So I am more confused - the built in file manager does show both storage (local & SD) but i cant seem to get the twrp backup copied from local to sd?  Not sure if i should flash supersu?  It could be a permissions error - i did enable root within the developer options.

Edited by Richtj999

Guest BacktotheFuji
1 hour ago, Richtj999 said:

So I am more confused - the built in file manager does show both storage (local & SD) but i cant seem to get the twrp backup copied from local to sd?  Not sure if i should flash supersu?  It could be a permissions error - i did enable root within the developer options.

Hi, I installed twrp as per the instructions in this thread. I then rebooted to twrp and performed a backup that way, to SD card. When I need to restore a nandroid image, I reboot to twrp again and the system already has a list of backups to restore. It all works really well.

I haven't rooted the device or installed SuperSU.

My recommendation would be to start your backup again from within twrp. It should just work then :)

Guest BacktotheFuji

Well thanks to KonstaT the Lineageos website has the chuwi vi10 plus up in 258th position now in the installs league table...with 112 installs. Impressive! 

Guest night_mare007
On 12/9/2016 at 1:11 PM, KonstaT said:

New build. Device now enjoys deep sleep so much it's a little slow to wake up. :P Be patient and wait couple of seconds when waking up the device.

cm-13.0-20161209-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-chuwi_vi10plus.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767121666
md5:ee3f5b38510eb9022e57b6cd2abb1fc8

Hi KonstaT,

Any idea what's missing in the kernel so that we can eliminate the slow-wake-from-deep-sleep while still having deep sleep feature ?

Have you tried to ask developers at xda forums ?

Edited by night_mare007

16 hours ago, BacktotheFuji said:

Well thanks to KonstaT the Lineageos website has the chuwi vi10 plus up in 258th position now in the installs league table...with 112 installs. Impressive! 

@BacktotheFuji do you have a link to this list, I cant find it.

Guest KonstaT
On 2/11/2017 at 2:08 AM, BacktotheFuji said:

There's also download statistics on my Androidfilehost account. Apparently around half of the people don't have LineageOS data collection enabled or just download for fun. :P

18 hours ago, night_mare007 said:

Hi KonstaT,

Any idea what's missing in the kernel so that we can eliminate the slow-wake-from-deep-sleep while still having deep sleep feature ?

Have you tried to ask developers at xda forums ?

Heh, who am I supposed to ask? I'm the only one who's done any work on Intel Cherry Trail devices.

Guest Richtj999

Konstat - with your latest release do we still need to flash the brightness zip?  I am using Lineage OS but the lowest brightness is still significantly brighter than my nexus 6p. 

Guest KonstaT
8 hours ago, Richtj999 said:

Konstat - with your latest release do we still need to flash the brightness zip?  I am using Lineage OS but the lowest brightness is still significantly brighter than my nexus 6p. 

Lights HAL is already fixed with the latest build. Minimum brightness is significantly lower than with the previous build (or stock ROM, etc).

Guest tomshreds

Still can't believe how smooth this rom works! Two questions:

- Is there any way to bind an app to the tablet's WINDOWS touch button?

- Is there any way to tweak what happens when the WINDOWS key is pressed on the keyboard? It currently opens Google's app and it's pretty lame I'd like to be able to map an app on that one too.

Thanks!

Guest KonstaT
35 minutes ago, tomshreds said:

Still can't believe how smooth this rom works! Two questions:

- Is there any way to bind an app to the tablet's WINDOWS touch button?

- Is there any way to tweak what happens when the WINDOWS key is pressed on the keyboard? It currently opens Google's app and it's pretty lame I'd like to be able to map an app on that one too.

Thanks!

Not that I'm aware of. Maybe with some third party app (Tasker?).

Guest BacktotheFuji

OK, my wife is always on the vi10 plus now! Should I buy another for £109 or spend a bit more (£140) for a z8300 hi10 pro with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage? It has a smaller screen but should balance better on the hi10 pro keyboard (which works fine on the vi10 plus by the way...)? Or I could stop buying Chinese tablets of course :D

Guest Richtj999

On a side note - speaking of inexpensive 2 in 1 Chinese tablets...

I was reading on a website (cant remember name) that there were some next gen 10" devices coming out soon.  It was some sort of video review at an expo of some sort.  Any ideas what the 'next' device like this will be (good quality, not expensive)?

Thanks,

Rich

Guest tomshreds

Using Tasker and AutoInput I got to bind the app I wanted to another key but not to the Windows one which is fine. Tasker is such  a great tool.

Also another question for users: any known way of disabling the "straight line from down to up to start browser" gesture?

Guest BacktotheFuji
1 hour ago, avidal said:

why not the hi10 plus that has the same screen with vi10 plus
is around £148

Wow that's a good price, where did you see that? Hi10 plus looks very well spec'd :)

Guest BacktotheFuji
20 minutes ago, Richtj999 said:

On a side note - speaking of inexpensive 2 in 1 Chinese tablets...

I was reading on a website (cant remember name) that there were some next gen 10" devices coming out soon.  It was some sort of video review at an expo of some sort.  Any ideas what the 'next' device like this will be (good quality, not expensive)?

Thanks,

Rich

I guess this refers to tablets using the new celeron and pentium class chips based on the Apollo lake platform. The new n3450 looks around 45% faster than the z8300 Cherry Trail according to passmark.

Guest PalmTrees
4 hours ago, BacktotheFuji said:

OK, my wife is always on the vi10 plus now! Should I buy another for £109 or spend a bit more (£140) for a z8300 hi10 pro with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage? It has a smaller screen but should balance better on the hi10 pro keyboard (which works fine on the vi10 plus by the way...)? Or I could stop buying Chinese tablets of course :D

Either Hi10 Plus or JDTab J01 (the most exciting offer right now in presell) http://www.banggood.com/JDTab-J01-64GB-MTK-MT8173-Quad-Core-2_0GHz-7_9-Inch-Flyme-OS-Android-Tablet-p-1121079.html . If you decide to go for Vi10 Plus again, Gearbest got it for cheap right now from EU warehouse (http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_413825.html?wid=3)

So far no news of Android on the new Intel chips - not sure what to make of it. Might be because of Qualcomm's deal with Microsoft or to push Windows on tablet harder. 

However, I wouldn't order anything until after MWC 2017. Let's see what is being announced. 

Edited by PalmTrees

6 hours ago, BacktotheFuji said:

Wow that's a good price, where did you see that? Hi10 plus looks very well spec'd :)

From Gearbest with Chinese warehouse option, I avoided customs using plain registered mail (not courier service).
I would never buy any of these if it wasn't for KonstaT's ROM.

http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pc-accessories/pp_443070.html