[DEV][ROM][20.10.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest davigar
On 1/5/2017 at 0:38 AM, lopo555 said:

Do you plane to update ROM LineageOS 13? (Android 6.0)

I'm interested too

Guest yener90

Is it difficult to build a x64 build?

I'm interested because Hi10 Pro & Plus have 4GB RAM. We could also use the sources of lenovo, so my hope we have a stable Android build with no deep sleep issue and selinux. 

Guest pawwaap

You can enable Marshmallow's experimental multi-window mode from developer options. It's not quite ready for prime time yet
it's nice but it would be even nicer if it had some basic resizing i.e. allowing to move the line dividing the two neighboring windows. And yet there is need of having two vertical windows in portrait view (some applications have manner of representing long narrow lists of items etc)

Guest KonstaT
On 5/1/2017 at 1:38 AM, lopo555 said:

Do you plane to update ROM LineageOS 13? (Android 6.0)

I haven't recently done any development on this device, so there's no device specific improvements. Upstream LineageOS development has also moved to cm-14.1 branch and cm-13.0 is slowing down. I can make a new build at some point but the changelog will be quite short...

3 hours ago, yener90 said:

Is it difficult to build a x64 build?

I'm interested because Hi10 Pro & Plus have 4GB RAM. We could also use the sources of lenovo, so my hope we have a stable Android build with no deep sleep issue and selinux. 

This is already running a x86_64 Linux kernel so you're running 64-bit operating system where it matters. Also 32-bit operating systems can utilize 4GB of RAM.

Deep sleep issue was fixed a long time ago. There's no reason why you couldn't have SELinux enabled on Marshmallow with the current kernel. I'm just too lazy to bring up SELinux for the entire Cherry Trail platform all by myself. Intel still had reference for Lollipop (https://github.com/android-ia/device_intel_sepolicy) but there's nothing for Marshmallow.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
51 minutes ago, pawwaap said:

If it is running x86_64 then why do you suggest in the first post to install gapps version for x86?

Linux kernel and Android running on top of it are two completely different things.

Guest pawwaap

I've just tested it, i.e. installed freshly this ROM anew and then had tried to flash x86_64 gapps: TWRP rejected it with unexplained error.

If so then how could users take an advantage of 64bit kernel?

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, pawwaap said:

I've just tested it, i.e. installed freshly this ROM anew and then had tried to flash x86_64 gapps: TWRP rejected it with unexplained error.

If so then how could users take an advantage of 64bit kernel?

Because this is not a 64-bit Android build.

What advantages do you think there's in 64-bit kernel? You're already running it, so...

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
11 minutes ago, pawwaap said:

Would you like please to rebuild this Android to x86_64? ;)

The main question is why? What makes it worth the effort?

We don't have device specific 64-bit binary drivers because the stock firmware is 32-bit.

Guest servidor
The main question is why? What makes it worth the effort?

We don't have device specific 64-bit binary drivers because the stock firmware is 32-bit.

Why make a Lineage rom if we don't a Lineage rom specific for thid device?

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, servidor said:

Why make a Lineage rom if we don't a Lineage rom specific for thid device?

What is this then? This is a LineageOS ROM specifically for this device.

Great thing is that I get to choose what I do with my free time and what I consider worth my effort. I've open source my work (https://github.com/CM-CHT) so there's absolutely nothing stopping anyone if they want do that themselves.

Guest servidor
What is this then? This is a LineageOS ROM specifically for this device.

Great thing is that I get to choose what I do with my free time and what I consider worth my effort. I've open source my work (https://github.com/CM-CHT) so there's absolutely nothing stopping anyone if they want do that themselves.

That's what I meant. There wasn't any Lineage rom till you did this one. So, why not try to do a 64 bits version? Anyway, of course, you can spend your time what ever you want.

Guest pawwaap

If so would you improve the multiwindow capability, especially to enable basic resizing (moving division lines)? In fact it is far more needed feature.

Guest raffyk

hello

My device chuwi hi10 plus Atom z8350 serial: LQ64G4XXXXXXXXXXXX

TWR is OK

when i install LineageOS 13 and some wipes all are OK

but at first reboot tablet stuck on logo LineageOS

Firmware is compatible with my device?

thanks

Guest KonstaT
34 minutes ago, raffyk said:

hello

TWR is OK

thanks

There shouldn't be any problem AFAIK.

Make sure you've followed installation instructions in the third post of this thread.

Guest raffyk
29 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

There shouldn't be any problem AFAIK.

Make sure you've followed installation instructions in the third post of this thread.

I tryed it many times with and without patch....

the same with CyanogenMod 12.1 stuck on logo

what can i do? maybe delete all partition  b4 install TWR?

18338749_120332000634876773_217317561_o.jpg

Guest servidor
hello

TWR is OK

thanks

I can confirm that it works like a charm (with its bugs..) I have the same device with this rom.

Guest raffyk
4 minutes ago, servidor said:

I can confirm that it works like a charm (with its bugs..) I have the same device with this rom.

thanks servidor for answer me

Did you use any patch after install firmware?

do you know if it is possible delete dualboot partition. it has not sense with only android