[DEV][ROM][20.10.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, Sappy said:

I have a question about Open gaaps, whether it is necessary and which needs to be installed - X86 or x86_64, and when to install.., just after ROM or....!??

Please read 'How to install:' on the first page.

x86, like it is linked on the first post. Installing gapps is of course optional if you don't want to use _any_ Google services.

Guest KonstaT
25 minutes ago, Sappy said:

Thanks KonstaT...,

...and one question more..., which ROM do you think is better - CM12 or this one.. (smoothnes and battery friendly), thanks again KonstaT...

This one of course if you can deal with what's listed under 'Issues:' and if possible (see FAQ specifically which devices are supported). This is a newer Android version and much more recent build. There's no difference in performance IMO.

Guest mr-playmo

Dear K and all guys that are putting energies here

Thank you very much for your time, I really appreciate it. Right now I'm running Remix OS on my Hibbook Pro. I'm using the release I have found here, so I have root privileges etc

My problem is that touch screen does not work fine and I have to use a mouse. This is why I'm planning to move to another distro. Can you please just tell me or link me which is the most updated distro I can install on this device? I prefer  something different from the standard Android version. don't mind if x86 like or Lineageos

Just this

Thank you very much in advance

Guest KonstaT
36 minutes ago, mr-playmo said:

Dear K and all guys that are putting energies here

Thank you very much for your time, I really appreciate it. Right now I'm running Remix OS on my Hibbook Pro. I'm using the release I have found here, so I have root privileges etc

My problem is that touch screen does not work fine and I have to use a mouse. This is why I'm planning to move to another distro. Can you please just tell me or link me which is the most updated distro I can install on this device? I prefer  something different from the standard Android version. don't mind if x86 like or Lineageos

Just this

Thank you very much in advance

There's only three available. You're using one, this one doesn't work on your device (which you could have figured out by reading the first post), which only leaves you...

http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/

Guest mr-playmo

Thank you again for this speed reply, I have jumped in this topic from Google because Hibook Pro is in the title so I have started reading and when I have arrived at the end of first post yes, I have figured out that probably this release couldn't fit my tablet but I was hoping there was a previous release that do it, I mean, something in the previuos release and now you are confirming this

I know my english is terrible and understand me is not easdy, to be clear, is this the ROM release that will fit my Hibook Pro?

cm-13.0-20161108-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-chuwi_vi10plus.zip

and I will need to use this file?

cm-13.0-20161108-chuwi_vi10plus-HibookPro.zip

Sorry to be like a 3 years old child, now I will check if I have to do something special regarding my just installed TWRP cause I don't want to delete it by mistake :)

Guest KonstaT
48 minutes ago, mr-playmo said:

Thank you again for this speed reply, I have jumped in this topic from Google because Hibook Pro is in the title so I have started reading and when I have arrived at the end of first post yes, I have figured out that probably this release couldn't fit my tablet but I was hoping there was a previous release that do it, I mean, something in the previuos release and now you are confirming this

I know my english is terrible and understand me is not easdy, to be clear, is this the ROM release that will fit my Hibook Pro?

cm-13.0-20161108-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-chuwi_vi10plus.zip

and I will need to use this file?

cm-13.0-20161108-chuwi_vi10plus-HibookPro.zip

Sorry to be like a 3 years old child, now I will check if I have to do something special regarding my just installed TWRP cause I don't want to delete it by mistake :)

There's pretty significant issues running Marshmallow with prebuilt Lollipop kernel extracted from stock firmware (no deep sleep, etc). There's no kernel source available for Hibook Pro so I can't build a proper Marshmallow kernel for your device.

That'll 'work', but it's totally unsupported of course. I really wouldn't recommend it but it's your device and you can do whatever you want with it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest j_Duqueno

Just got a Hi10 plus (z8350) and looking to update to CM 12/13, mainly to get exFat working with SD card so can play 4GB+ videos. Have messed around with android CyanogenMod updates before but new to the dual booting Hi10.

So all I need to do is follow the guides to unlock boot loader, install TWRP, Install CyanogenMod then install GApps?

Understand the risks but am I right that Windows 10 install should be unaffected and it will be possible to restore to stock Android / recovery if I want?

How bad is the "Distortion in photos" vs the already poor stock camera?

Before I start are there any specific Hi10 plus (z8350) instructions / problems?

Edit: Does having the z8350 version mean only CM12 is supported and i'll need to install a patch? Looks like my android build version is eng.softteam.20170220.093505

Edited by j_Duqueno

Guest KonstaT
On 11/28/2017 at 6:47 PM, j_Duqueno said:

Edit: Does having the z8350 version mean only CM12 is supported and i'll need to install a patch? Looks like my android build version is eng.softteam.20170220.093505

Yes. CM12.1 or Remix OS. You almost always need to install a compatibility patch unless you have a Vi10 Plus (which I have).

Edited by KonstaT

Guest PalmTrees

@KonstaT just wanted to say thank you very much for the latest update. Everything is working flawlessly. I was wondering about the "long press on capasitive home key" fix - nothing happens when I long press, except for the tablet returning to the home screen. Do you need to activate this in settings? I dirty flashed the latest build, which is probably why nothing happens, but still wanted to ask you. 

Guest KonstaT
47 minutes ago, PalmTrees said:

@KonstaT just wanted to say thank you very much for the latest update. Everything is working flawlessly. I was wondering about the "long press on capasitive home key" fix - nothing happens when I long press, except for the tablet returning to the home screen. Do you need to activate this in settings? I dirty flashed the latest build, which is probably why nothing happens, but still wanted to ask you. 

Of course. Under Settings -> Buttons -> Home button.

Guest aingerun

Hello greetings
Today I received my new HI10Plus tablet.
Compilation eng.softteam.20171020
I can install CyanogenMod 13.
Or do I have to stay with Remix.os?

Thank you

Guest KonstaT
9 minutes ago, aingerun said:

Hello greetings
Today I received my new HI10Plus tablet.
Compilation eng.softteam.20171020
I can install CyanogenMod 13.
Or do I have to stay with Remix.os?

Thank you

FFS these newer revisions never seem to end.

CM13 may or may not work on Hi10 Plus depending on the hardware revision (I honestly can't keep track anymore). Camera will likely not work on the newer ones at all. Only supporting the original Hi10 Plus but what am I to say what you can do with your device.

I'll add CM12.1 and Remix OS compatibility patches once 20171020 stock firmware is available.

Guest aingerun
5 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

FFS estas nuevas revisiones nunca parecen terminar.

CM13 puede o no funcionar en Hi10 Plus dependiendo de la revisión del hardware (sinceramente ya no puedo seguir el rastro). Es probable que la cámara no funcione en las más nuevas. Solo soporto el Hi10 Plus original, pero ¿qué puedo decir? ¿Qué puede hacer con su dispositivo?

Agregaré los parches de compatibilidad CM12.1 y Remix OS una vez que el firmware stock 20171020 esté disponible.

I'm staying with Remix.
I'll wait for the updates.
Thank you for continuing to keep this tablet updated.

Edited by aingerun

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, thx for this work. But I can`t uninstall any apps, always reboot. I tried set default settings in Bios, and wipe all data and factory reset. But it did not help. What is the problem, do you know?

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, Quatro said:

Hello, thx for this work. But I can`t uninstall any apps, always reboot. I tried set default settings in Bios, and wipe all data and factory reset. But it did not help. What is the problem, do you know?

Logcat? Can't reproduce such issue.

You shouldn't be messing with any BIOS settings to begin with. Make sure that you've followed installations instructions in the third post. Installations with third party hacks/tweaks/mods/etc are not supported.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi KonstaT thank you so much for your great work - donation sent.

I own a hi10plus 20171020 and am becoming desperate: For a project I need a working USB-ethernet adapter while charging at the same time as well as a working light sensor. After wasting time and money with a hi10 (not plus/pro) I found and read carefully what you wrote on http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/

Your site made me finally buy the hi10plus, but no luck:

LineageOS 13 - KonstaKANG (Android 6.0.1) : USB-Ethernet adapter works, but light sensor does not.

CyanogenMod 12.1 - KonstaKANG (Android 5.1.1) + cm-12.1-20170128-chuwi_vi10plus-Hi10Plus-20171020.zip : Light sensor works, but ethernet adapter does not.

RemixOS-B2016092102-chuwi_vi10plus.zip  + RemixOS-B2016092102-chuwi_vi10plus-Hi10Plus-20171020.zip : Light sensor works, but ethernet adapter does not.

Stock Android 5.1.1: Light sensor works, but ethernet adapter does not.

The chipset of my ethernet adapter is ASIX AX88772, (two adapters with realtek chipset did not work at all).

I could workaround the lacking light sensor with the camera but camera does not work under LOS 13 for 20171020 devices as is known.

Does anyone know which ethernet chipset works under the CM12.1 or RemixOS kernel

or how can USB-ethernet support be added?

Or is there a way to get the light sensor to work under LOS 13?

Thank you very much in advance.

Edited by weazl

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PalmTrees

@KonstaT Apparently the kernel source for the Lenovo Yoga Book (X5-Z8550) is available here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/dk/en/products/TABLETS/YOGA-SERIES/YOGA-BOOK/downloads/DS118515 

Under 'Operatins Systems' select 'Android' and the kernel source code .zip is available for download.

Edited by PalmTrees

On 29/01/2018 at 9:39 PM, PalmTrees said:

@KonstaT Apparently the kernel source for the Lenovo Yoga Book (X5-Z8550) is available here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/dk/en/products/TABLETS/YOGA-SERIES/YOGA-BOOK/downloads/DS118515 

Under 'Operatins Systems' select 'Android' and the kernel source code .zip is available for download.

It's a great news! Waiting for the patch for my chuwi hi10 plus z8350 ^^

@KonstaT

I will be so happy :) 

Edited by XxNnMm

• 4 weeks later...
Guest modelman1968

A little off topic, sorry, but I've never managed to get the SD card slot to recognise external memory on my Chuwi HiBook. Just to be clear, if I insert an SD card the device sees the card but reports an error, tries to format it but fails after 20%.

I did read on Chuwi's own forum that it could be a change in the bios, I tried that but it didn't work. 

I know I'm not alone in having this issue, many people report it.

I'm wondering, could it be that only one type of SD card is compatible? I've included a photo showing the different colours. If anyone has a working SD card on a Chuwi HiBook maybe they could tell me which colour/type they have?

Screenshot_2018-02-27-15-56-30-355_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.png

Guest pawwaap

@modelman, its the hardware issue, the SD card reader in our Chuwis10plus seems to have some techonlogical problem with capacitors - if used continously for few months it gradually detoriates. And vice versa - if not used for several weeks it "repairs itself".

Ayways its unreliable. And in general there exists in retail so called "USB SD adapter NANO" for laptops 'big' USB

It is so small after putting it into USB socket is nearly invisible. Is there anything like this but for MICRO-USB? This would solve our problem with this fuc...ng SDcard "reader" ;)

microusbpendrive.jpg.2ca6f5481715de46cbabd5cd2df84a82.jpgIdeally it'd be something like this, but this picture is from the Internet, it is probabely FX ;)

Edited by pawwaap