Cube iWork8 Air Noob Questions

Guest tomshreds

Guest tomshreds

Hi! I'm new here. Just ordered a Cube iWork8 Air tablet and been surprised to see there's custom roms for it!

I'd have a few basic questions if anyone has the time to answer them. I'd like to use the tablet for basic android web and email usage.

1) What is the most stable and up-to-date rom for the iWork8 Air?

2) Is it possible to remove windows altogether (remove the dual boot option) and only run android like a normal android tablet?

3) Overall from the install instructions I read, it seems like basic custom rom installation. Anything specific I should be aware of with this specific brand of tablet?

Thanks a lot!

Guest SugoiRyu
Hi! I'm new here. Just ordered a Cube iWork8 Air tablet and been surprised to see there's custom roms for it!

I'd have a few basic questions if anyone has the time to answer them. I'd like to use the tablet for basic android web and email usage.

1) What is the most stable and up-to-date rom for the iWork8 Air?

2) Is it possible to remove windows altogether (remove the dual boot option) and only run android like a normal android tablet?

3) Overall from the install instructions I read, it seems like basic custom rom installation. Anything specific I should be aware of with this specific brand of tablet?

Thanks a lot!

http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/cube-iwokr8-air-android-os-only-solution/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tomshreds

Just got my Cube iWork8 Air tablet. I'd like to ultimately run Remix OS with 32GB of storage (remove Windows 10 partition)

What exactly is required here? Do I need to install TWRP prior Remix OS?

Do I need this anyway?

On 11/19/2016 at 0:33 PM, tomshreds said:

Do I need this?

This is what I ultimately would like to run on it:

Bonus question: I also would like to know how to root my device if possible?

Thanks!

Edited by tomshreds

• 4 weeks later...

You can change the gpt.bin in the official firmware pack with Winhex or sth else to re-allocate space between Android and Windows. However it will wipe all the internal storage. The you can flash TWRP(thanks to KonstaT!) and install any rom you like.

• 10 months later...