Android Marshmallow coming to Ultra 6

Guest Yepi69

Guest patient81
As stated earlier, you cannot flash this over any custom Rom, rooted device or custom recovery. You need to revert everything to stick to get the update.

You sure about that? Not seen that stated anywhere else in this thread.

Skirttles has provided us with the stock recovery and an update zip. I reckon I could flash the stock recovery, boot into it then flash the update zip and it would work.

Guest Discocat
33 minutes ago, patient81 said:

You sure about that? Not seen that stated anywhere else in this thread.

Skirttles has provided us with the stock recovery and an update zip. I reckon I could flash the stock recovery, boot into it then flash the update zip and it would work.

My OTA update checked the current installation before changing anything.  It failed first time with an error message saying I had changed my platform.xml.  This was the only change I had made from stock, to enable SD access.  

If it works straight over a custom rom, then good, but the update does some form of check before it will run, so proceed with caution of this is your intention.  Oh, and let us know how you get on.

Guest patient81
@patiient81 you need stock recovery then install 5.11 09b stock Rom then you can update to 6.01

Makes sense, flash stock recovery in twrp then install 09b. From there just grab the update over the air.

Thanks

Guest BlueMoonRising
3 hours ago, bok27 said:

Battery consumption on android 6.Chrome consuming too much battery?

Not at all, seems to be exactly the same for me although I've not done any particular tests.

I was using Holo launcher which got rid of the occasional little micro stutter when using JB stock launcher but I've reverted back to stock with MM. It's silky smooth.

Guest Stargazeer

Since this seems to be the only post on the internet about the Smart Ultra 6 and android 6.0.1, I'm going to post this here and hope I'm not breaking any rules.

After updating I've found that they've made it so you can't format an SD card as internal, so therefore you can't move apps to the SD card.

I've never rooted or modified my phones OS, so I don't know about that route immediately. But I would like to know whether any of you have any advice as to how I can get it so apps can be moved to SD card. I do have a UHS-1 SD card, so that's not a problem.

Thanks for any advice.

Edited by Stargazeer

Guest ohyesman
Since this seems to be the only post on the internet about the Smart Ultra 6 and android 6.0.1, I'm going to post this here and hope I'm not breaking any rules.

After updating I've found that they've made it so you can't format an SD card as internal, so therefore you can't move apps to the SD card.

I've never rooted or modified my phones OS, so I don't know about that route immediately. But I would like to know whether any of you have any advice as to how I can get it so apps can be moved to SD card. I do have a UHS-1 SD card, so that's not a problem.

Thanks for any advice.

Read the thread, a post on how to do this has been posted already

Hi can anyone help. 

I'm trying to update to MM but when I tap on 'online update' it comes up with:

Insufficient storage, the update package requires -6114241B more space. 

The number changes every time I tap on update. 

I deleted apps and data to free space but still get this error.

Has anyone got the UK download so I can install from SD card

Screenshot_2017-02-17-09-49-50.png

Guest BlueMoonRising
2 hours ago, mohab7 said:

Hi can anyone help. 

Maybe start it up in recovery and clear dalvik cache, perhaps even a factory reset if that doesn't work.

11 hours ago, mohab7 said:

Hi can anyone help. 

11 hours ago, mohab7 said:

I'm getting the same thing - very annoying - have you managed to fix this? If so what were the steps - would rather not do a hard reset as will have to mess about with bus tickets and banking app. Thanks

Once you do get the update installed you'll have another problem with adoptable storage being locked out.  Luckily M1ha1 came i up with a solution : "http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/378243-android-marshmallow-coming-to-ultra-6/?do=findComment&comment=2281683"

I am not responsible if you damage your phone or memory card.....

Basicly you will need

1) "ADB Installer v1.4.3" - a PC program that can attach to your phone.

2) This guide: http://www.modaco.com//news/android/heres-how-to-configure-adoptable-storage-on-your-s7-s7-edge-r1632/

I ran into this problem: "adb shell error device unauthorized" but it just needed to authorise the access from my PC via a pop-up on the mobile.

Credit again goes to M1hai1

Edited by SiO
Correct the person to credit

13 hours ago, ezman said:

I'm getting the same thing - very annoying - have you managed to fix this? If so what were the steps - would rather not do a hard reset as will have to mess about with bus tickets and banking app. Thanks

Yeah same here, don't really want to do a reset.

Would be great if could get the download and install via SD card 

1 hour ago, mohab7 said:

Oops my mistake, sorry

Edited by SiO
Mistaken update link

i formatted the sd card like in the link said, but when i connect the phone with my computer it only shows the real internal storage and not the extendet sd storage

in the phone itself it seems to look good. anyone has also problems using the sd?

*edit* nevermind, i first hat to migrate the data to the external

Edited by Grah

9 hours ago, mohab7 said:

Hmm, I did a full reset in the end - probably needed it anyway - works good!

Guest BlueMoonRising
8 hours ago, mohab7 said:

It updated to MM (6.01) ?

Pretty sure that's what they're saying.

You're going to either have to remove some of the big downloads (games probably) or do a factory reset which will remove everything.