Android Marshmallow coming to Ultra 6

Guest Yepi69

Guest BlueMoonRising
4 hours ago, jaysnotcool said:

I have checked ZTE for the Turkish update to Marshmallow but nothing available. Does anyone have a link for this or an alternative download location please.

I'm assuming I can just flash this using the stock English recovery.

The English update is available on ZTE as of now.

It was definitely there earlier, wonder why they've removed it?

8 hours ago, lunario said:

Battery issue for some no aux audio cables working... Wi-Fi Hotspot dropping after 15m

I have a problem with aux audio cable too. Do you think they will have a fix for this and by when?

Guest BlueMoonRising
12 hours ago, lunario said:

Battery issue for some no aux audio cables working... Wi-Fi Hotspot dropping after 15m

I can't see how only some people can have 'battery issues' so I'll have presume they're just seeing things that aren't actually there.

I've just tried all 3 of my aux cables and they all work as normal.

I've never used WiFi hotspot but I've seen other phones have had problems with MM so that's probably the only problem that's actually real. I'm just charging up my old OSF phone and I'll have a play around with it to see how it works.

Edit: scratch the OSF, the touch screen is refusing to work despite factory resets, my OSD died when the battery self destructed and forced the back off when it expanded. /sigh

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest BlueMoonRising
On 22/02/2017 at 1:05 AM, tanivula said:

Got the update here in NZ. Have noticed a dumb bug.  Have been using the SU6 to stream music to an old stereo via a 3.5mm lead.  After the update, the phone doesn't detect that the lead is plugged in.  It does seem to detect headsets (I don't have any just headphones with the 3 segment plug). I have tried a few male-male 3 segment 3.5mm leads with no success. 

Does this happen on the other region firmwares too?  

I've just tried 3 different three-conductor 3.5 mm leads, one with my Sound Magic in-ear phones, one to connect to the car stereo and one (long cable) with my Noontec over-ear head phones usually connected to the PC. I also used a four-conductor 3.5 mm in-ear phones (captive cable) that I think came with the phone. All worked perfectly, I'm on the Turkish ROM with the Dolby App if that makes any odds.

Have you tried https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix&hl=en_GB ?

Guest BlueMoonRising
42 minutes ago, lunario said:

Headphones works but ppl say that aux cables don't. Like connecting to external speakers

That shouldn't make any difference I'd have thought as 2 out the 3 phones I've tried have detachable (aux) cables, as I said I can also connect to my car stereo. I haven't got a 3.5mm input on our soundbar but I think the sons does, I'll try it later.

Guest wbrambley
That shouldn't make any difference I'd have thought as 2 out the 3 phones I've tried have detachable (aux) cables, as I said I can also connect to my car stereo. I haven't got a 3.5mm input on our soundbar but I think the sons does, I'll try it later.

I have aux cable to car stereo. It does not detect being plugged in. I'm also on the Turkish ROM for the Dolby. Using Soundabout app or routes audio to the 3.5 mm socket playing in stereo sound so it's not badly plugged and contacts are good.

I did a factory reset before installing the 6.0.1 full ROM.

I can also verify the hotspot issue, it only stays on if you remain in the tethering and hotspot menu and the screen stays on.

Guest BlueMoonRising
18 minutes ago, wbrambley said:

I have aux cable to car stereo. It does not detect being plugged in. I'm also on the Turkish ROM for the Dolby. Using Soundabout app or routes audio to the 3.5 mm socket playing in stereo sound so it's not badly plugged and contacts are good.

I did a factory reset before installing the 6.0.1 full ROM.

I can also verify the hotspot issue, it only stays on if you remain in the tethering and hotspot menu and the screen stays on.

Strange, I just updated OTA over the previous Turkish 5.11 with no factory reset or clearing caches and I have no problems. I'm not using Soundabout btw (or anything else that may affect it).

I've not had time to faff about with the WiFi hotspot yet.

Guest femilovechild

I can definitely confirm the hotspot issue. I've got an Android head unit in my car and the hotspot keeps dropping after 10 to 15 minutes (didn't time it exactly). Spent hours researching a workaround. There used to be an advanced tethering option in old android versions, but seems to have been deprecated in MM. Also, don't know if this is a bug with VSU6 or a MM bug. Some people say it's to do with Android Doze, but can't confirm this either. My working workaround at the moment is using the app Automate, and running some flows that keeps turning the hotspot back on every time it switches off. Annoying but better than nothing.

Guest kunft

is there a way to install official 6.0.1 with twrp? maybe that way it would be possible to root with twrp

edit:it works

Edited by kunft

Is this upgrade worth going through the hassle of backing everything up, removing root, upgrading, and then finally installing everything again?

Guest mrflibbles

Does the WiFi hotspot issue go away if you enable WiFi during sleep?

Settings->WiFi->More options (three dots top right)->Advanced->Keep WiFi on during sleep