Android Marshmallow coming to Ultra 6

Guest Yepi69

Guest Cryptochrome
12 minutes ago, M1hai1 said:

So, I am at work right now but I'll do a short review. There are meaningful changes such as: new vertical launcher instead of the old horizontal paginated one, new sound control when clicking volume buttons, new icons, settings has been redesigned a little (e.g. separated memory panel), so basically the standard marshmallow experience that you would see on a nexus device, Updated, sound recorder, video player, and file manager, gallery remains the same only icon changed, camera remains the same only icon changed.
After the update I factory resetted my phone and it took some time for that operation to complete (it took 15 minutes).

Now, I am at the somewhat redesigned welcome screen and lags a bit

First dissapointment: you cannot convert the external sd card to internal storage

One thing which I want to know is, is there the new app opening animation? I'm sick of the lollipop one as my two previous phones both ran lollipop and the new one is way nicer. Another thing is when you pull down the drop down menu and click the settings button, does the menu simply dissapear with no animation like in lollipop, or does it slide back up like it should? Thanks.

1 hour ago, Cryptochrome said:

One thing which I want to know is, is there the new app opening animation? I'm sick of the lollipop one as my two previous phones both ran lollipop and the new one is way nicer. Another thing is when you pull down the drop down menu and click the settings button, does the menu simply dissapear with no animation like in lollipop, or does it slide back up like it should? Thanks.

Yes, as a matter of fact there seems to be a new opening animation (tough I'm not 100% sure cause I never paid attention to this detail but it does feel different), also the Status bar can change its text color (e.g. opening Google Calendar will render a white status bar with black text), one more thing: we can now close all recent apps at once, the option is there now, so no more need to slide each app to close it

Edited by Guest

I THINK ITS SAFE TO ASSUME THAT QUCIK CHARGE IS ENABLED AND WORKING!!

Screenshot_20170213-112637.png

Qualcomm Quick Charge 1.0 is available today in more than 70 Snapdragon-based devices including the Droid DNA by HTC, Samsung Galaxy S III, Nokia Lumia 920, Vodafone Smart ultra 6, Asus Padfone and LG Nexus 4. Below is a list of some of the commercial Snapdragon devices that feature Quick Charge 1.0. 

Qualcomm Quick Charge 1.0: Less Time Charging, More Time Doing | Qualcomm

Edited by Guest

Guest BlueMoonRising

I'm in the UK but using the Turkish ROM (for the Dolby app), I'm downloading the update as I write. I didn't get a notification but then I'm fairly certain that I turned that bit off.

Guest BlueMoonRising
5 minutes ago, neilmasters said:

Nope, it doesn't.

Cheers, I'll install the Turkish one then and see if it's still there. I've already downloaded it, do you know if there's somewhere on the phone I can grab the zip first?

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, M1hai1 said:

I THINK ITS SAFE TO ASSUME THAT QUCIK CHARGE IS ENABLED AND WORKING!!

Qualcomm Quick Charge 1.0: Less Time Charging, More Time Doing | Qualcomm

Quite the opposite. That seems totally normal charging speed. If QC2.0 was enabled it should be twice as fast as that (my Moto X goes from 0%->100% in less than an hour with QC2.0). First of all you need to use QC2.0 compatible charger. Then use USB voltage meter to see if 9V or 12V is used.

33 minutes ago, BlueMoonRising said:

Cheers, I'll install the Turkish one then and see if it's still there. I've already downloaded it, do you know if there's somewhere on the phone I can grab the zip first?

/data/data/com.zte.zdm/files/update.zip or if you get a logcat you can get the URL the zip is downloaded from.

Edited by KonstaT

OK, so for those of you who want to use their sd card as internal storage, i managed to get it done using this guide: Here's how to configure adoptable storage on your S7 / S7 Edge

You will need the adb command line, you can get it here: [TOOL] [WINDOWS] ADB, Fastboot and Drivers - 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3

Proof it works: You can definetly see that the SD Card is part of the Internal Storage and I no longer have the option to unmount / remove it and I can no longer choose the "Default save location"! So, happy gaming or whatever you do with that space....

Also, I am not responsible if you damage your phone or memory card...

Screenshot_20170213-140647.png

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, bok27 said:

Mihai:

Any news about root ?

I can not get root .

It is unrootable for now, the recovery has changed, its not the same as on 5.1.1 and altough i saw there is a new mount /system option I didn't test it yet. This option, if it works, might provide read/write access to the system partition and in theory we could root it...but I didn't have time to test this

On 10/02/2017 at 3:34 PM, KonstaT said:

Not a single thing in that post is true.

There's plenty of msm8916/msm8939 devices receiving official Nougat (including Snapdragon 410 Android One device that received Nougat update directly from Google on the very first day Nougat was out). Even much lower end Snapdragon 210 devices (msm8909, 32-bit 4 x Cortex-A7, Adreno 304) have Qualcomm Nougat BSP (board support package) available.
https://wiki.codeaurora.org/xwiki/bin/QAEP/release

OpenGL ES 3.1 or Vulkan is not a requirement. Neither is hardware backed encryption that was also speculated before Android CDD (compatibility definition document) was released. Qualcomm just most likely decided not to release Nougat BSP for B-family (msm8974/msm8226/msm8610) purely from business perspective. msm8974 is still even today a beast and it easily outperforms anything that Qualcomm currently offers in their midrange.

Not to mention I'm currently using a Samsung Galaxy S3 device while waiting for my Ultra 6 to be repaired and although this is a 2012 device and it doesn't have neither OGL 3.1 nor Vulkan, I still managed to install Nougat.

Guest lunario
OK, so for those of you who want to use their sd card as internal storage, i managed to get it done using this guide: Here's how to configure adoptable storage on your S7 / S7 Edge

You will need the adb command line, you can get it here: [TOOL] [WINDOWS] ADB, Fastboot and Drivers - 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3

Proof it works: You can definetly see that the SD Card is part of the Internal Storage and I no longer have the option to unmount / remove it and I can no longer choose the "Default save location"! So, happy gaming or whatever you do with that space....

Also, I am not responsible if you damage your phone or memory card...

Screenshot_20170213-140647.png.90527269eda778fee15014e9520202ac.png

I can choose sdcard on storage pt firmware

Guest thanasiskoug

Help..... after the update I lost the recently taken photos and videos from the sd card....any help??? I also see double folders in the gallery!!!

Edited by thanasiskoug

Guest Cryptochrome
36 minutes ago, thanasiskoug said:

Help..... after the update I lost the recently taken photos and videos from the sd card....any help??? I also see double folders in the gallery!!!

I had the same issue. DO NOT delete anything; stupidly I deleted one of the folders thinking the photos would be in the other one, but they all got deleted. They were not backed up. Be sure to back up your pictures before deleting them. I learned the hard way. :(

Guest BlueMoonRising
1 hour ago, M1hai1 said:

hmmm, interesting, well it might be region dependent, as it is with Dolby on Turkish ROM

Yep, I can choose storage location on the Turkish rom.