Smart Ultra 6 - ROM 6.0.1. with ROOT

Guest samukizz

Guest samukizz

Hi i decided to post here the way to get the latest update ( 6.0.1 ) for VSU6 with ROOT.

First you need to be root and to have Custom recovery on your VSU6.
Then download the vsu6.zip, inside you'll find the stock ROM modded by me and SU.zip.
Reboot on your recovery, install the ROM its going to take a while so be calm and wait when finishes DO NOT REBOOT.
Install SU.
Now you can REBOOT your phone normally AGAIN ITS GOING TO TAKE A WHILE TO START but there you have it Smart Ultra 6 with root.

https://mega.nz/#!kYYWAQZY!HQCa5pLwSc19tkn4bt-UgqaU_rFg3-sgY0tUwUmYO0U

Edited by samukizz

Guest samukizz
21 minutes ago, sekinhuh said:

This has been confirmed, not by me but by other users, on the portuguese forum zwame

this was made by me in Zwame forum :)

Guest halfman

I installed this a week ago and after taking out all the Turkish stuff I did not need I can say this is definitely good,nice layout and it seems the battery life is better.

I have not had a single problem.

Thanks samukizz for putting this up,it's given new life to my phone.

Edited by halfman

Guest lapist

I installed on my VSU6 and it seems to work fine. I didn't do factory reset yet (maybe it won't be needed), just cleared cache & dalvik. Surprisingly entire GUI remains in Czech language as previous ROM, even when there is no option to celect Czech in language settings. Also none of turkish apps got installed, I suppose that would happen after factory reset... In addition, it seems that system partition is no longer locked like in 5.1.1, I can write to it using root and changes persist even after rebooting.

I can confirm bugs that are reported also for OTA update are still present (external speakers connected to headphone jack are usually not detected, option to format card as adopted storage is missing).

bok27: What do you mean with lang.xml? If I delete it, I will be able to select Czech language in phone settings, instead of having just English, Turkish etc.?

Edited by lapist

Guest bok27

Yes, If  delete in  system/etc/language.xml , you  will be able to select all language in phone settings, instead of having just English, Turkish.

Guest cavaniii

going to give this a go, hope the rom is safe itself xD normally dont like installing custom roms or anything thats been tempered with but I need marshmallow with root and there isnt any other around it :P 

also if another OTA update is available in the future and I flash the stock recovery & unroot, will i be able to proceed with the update? or need to get stock rom againnn 

Edited by cavaniii

Guest Crickets0812

What about if your already on the marshmallow update? How would i go and get the root one if i cant install a custom zip from twrp? 

Guest lapist

I suppose he has stock recovery, as he wants to get TWRP in order to root the phone :)

Crickets0812: did you check that the firmware file is downloaded correctly and you can unzip it on your PC?

Guest Volkann199

Bnm telefonum vodafone smart ultra 6 ve 6.0.1 kurulu ama twrp yuklu degil ben bunu nasil yukleyebilirim telefonumda root yok nasil twrp kurabilirim lutfen acil yardim edin bu dosyalari kurmak istiyorum ama twrp kuramadim 

Guest cavaniii
10 hours ago, Crickets0812 said:

What about if your already on the marshmallow update? How would i go and get the root one if i cant install a custom zip from twrp? 

Mine was already on marshmallow, I flashed the Turkish 5.1.1 ROM from stock recovery and then rooted using kingroot, got flashify and flashed the TWRP and then flashed this one with the root and everything worked fine :)

Guest PixelFlops

Can confirm this is running very well and smoothly. No crashes or bugs so far. Good job @samukizz

I started off with stock Marshmallow 6.0.1 and installed the Turkish stock ROM using the stock recovery from here. After that, I rooted using the latest version of Kingroot. This however resulted in all processes crashing right after the root was successful. On the 3rd try (after 2 reboots), Android asked if Kingroot could have permission to install (possibly Purify) right after the root and I declined it which got stopped the crashes from happening. After that I installed TWRP using ADB and then installing this ROM. This has been a relatively quick process and working well.

Guest Skirttles
On 25/03/2017 at 3:39 PM, PixelFlops said:

Can confirm this is running very well and smoothly. No crashes or bugs so far. Good job @samukizz

I started off with stock Marshmallow 6.0.1 and installed the Turkish stock ROM using the stock recovery from here. After that, I rooted using the latest version of Kingroot. This however resulted in all processes crashing right after the root was successful. On the 3rd try (after 2 reboots), Android asked if Kingroot could have permission to install (possibly Purify) right after the root and I declined it which got stopped the crashes from happening. After that I installed TWRP using ADB and then installing this ROM. This has been a relatively quick process and working well.

You have gained root with kingroot pc version on the original stock Vodafone MM rom??

Guest PixelFlops
On 3/27/2017 at 2:51 PM, Skirttles said:

You have gained root with kingroot pc version on the original stock Vodafone MM rom??

Nope I used the APK and did it on my phone. But yes I used the stock Turkish ROM from that thread which I flashed over my stock New Zealand ROM in stock recovery.