LineageOS 14.1 for Vodafone Smart Ultra 6

Guest nutsda

Guest AGENTU007
On 11/18/2017 at 7:20 PM, nutsda said:

1. Are you doing a full wipe by going to advanced wipe & selecting system, dalvik, data & cache?

2. What version of twrp do you have?

Hello
 will we also have an android 8 oreo?

Guest AGENTU007
9 hours ago, AGENTU007 said:

Hello
 will we also have an android 8 oreo?

after many tests I can say that you have made an exceptional rome congratulations and thanks for your work
I wish you good health.

Guest Textman

noticing some bugs lately, mostly that random apps keep crashing and that apps keep saying there is no connection even when there clearly is

also not sure whether this is a ROM issue or a kernel issue, but the fact that i have to keep enabling sd card access is annoying, especially when apps like twitter don't have a way to enable it

is there some way to enable sd access for every app from the start?

Edited by Textman

On 05/12/2017 at 7:04 AM, TiagoSantosPT said:

My problem is the back camera front camera works

12 hours ago, Textman said:

noticing some bugs lately, mostly that random apps keep crashing and that apps keep saying there is no connection even when there clearly is

also not sure whether this is a ROM issue or a kernel issue, but the fact that i have to keep enabling sd card access is annoying, especially when apps like twitter don't have a way to enable it

is there some way to enable sd access for every app from the start?

Are you able to capture a log of the problem so I am able to look into what the problem is.

• Guest pinned this topic

Tested this ROM for 3 days so far and I am positively surprised.

Everything works, the camera, the telephone, even the battery runtime is perfect with battery calibration from nema in playstore and kernel adjutor

Settings: GPU min to 220, governor simple on demand. CPU big min to 533, governor powersave, CPU little min to 499, governor interactive and set at system start.

And in system settings change battery setting to energy saving

Besides if you have the SD not accessible bug, install exposed and search for marshmallow SD fix,  maybe it helps

LTE works.

Thanks for this great rom

Screenshot_20171211-234314.png

Edited by Grah

Guest datalekz

Been using it since latest release (24/11), more stable than stock rom so far and much faster as well.

Everything seems to be working, I've experience the "battery issue" which really isn't an issue with the rom but more of an issue with configurations:

• Open status bar, pull down the icons.
  • Press the pencil symbol(stylus)
  • Check to see if you have NFC, GPS or any other feature active there that you don't really use.
  • Or just simply disable them on settings if you can find them there.
  • Another advice will be switching to Balanced on performance (battery options) and switch automatic optimisation to off, most times it just consumed more and offered same performance as Balanced.
  • And finally if you want to save till the last drop, turn off auto brightness.

Battery used to last me less than 4 hours between full charge, lasts me over a day with average use, using apps and games that would push a bit more from the phone, streaming and rendering.

Was thinking of switching phones, after this, I will keep it for a while more.

Thanks for your hard work! I will post if I find any bugs or features that may need to be tuned.

PS: In regards of post above, LTE is working fine for me (Vodafone UK).

Edited by datalekz

• 2 weeks later...

I found a bug. While being on lte I'm not able to recieve calls, they just got blocked and there is no missed call SMS. Just nothing.

It seems that we need VoLTE or we need a 3g fallback on incoming calls. Besides of that i am really happy with your rom.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/development/volte-patches-nougat-based-cm-roms-t3509257

edit: reflashing helped to solve a different problem, now i am able to connect my phone to my computer via usb. and the device shows the internal storage in my computer.
also now i am able to use the google home mini app. this time i used the full open gapps.

Edited by Grah

2 hours ago, jpcorreia7 said:

@nutsda Hello, any update to this rom? are you still working on it? Thank you by the way

I will be updating the ROM in the future I just haven't really had much time lately, but I will get back to it.

On 24/12/2017 at 8:11 AM, Grah said:

I found a bug. While being on lte I'm not able to recieve calls, they just got blocked and there is no missed call SMS. Just nothing.

It seems that we need VoLTE or we need a 3g fallback on incoming calls. Besides of that i am really happy with your rom.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/development/volte-patches-nougat-based-cm-roms-t3509257

edit: reflashing helped to solve a different problem, now i am able to connect my phone to my computer via usb. and the device shows the internal storage in my computer.
also now i am able to use the google home mini app. this time i used the full open gapps.

I believe most of the VoLTE stuff is already there so I will try to enable it in the next update, I just don't have the service in my area so will be unable to test if it works

Guest Karb10

Bro rom is playing perfectly. Thanks for your work. Rom isnt  playing feature now

Just if i meet the declaration. I am waiting impatiently. Rom is really good. When do you think plan to update?

Note: notification light is not working. İf you fix, i am happy 

Guest wbrambley
On 06/01/2018 at 9:18 AM, Karb10 said:

Bro rom is playing perfectly. Thanks for your work. Rom isnt  playing feature now

Just if i meet the declaration. I am waiting impatiently. Rom is really good. When do you think plan to update?

Note: notification light is not working. İf you fix, i am happy 

Notification light works on my phone? Only big difference is it runs 100% brightness when used during charging. 

This echo back to the caller on phone calls is bugging me. I'm going to build LOS13 tonight with nutsda's new kernel and see if the echo is in that. 

For those with the camera not working, was it working on LineageOS 13 build?

Guest nutsda
11 hours ago, wbrambley said:

Notification light works on my phone? Only big difference is it runs 100% brightness when used during charging. 

This echo back to the caller on phone calls is bugging me. I'm going to build LOS13 tonight with nutsda's new kernel and see if the echo is in that. 

For those with the camera not working, was it working on LineageOS 13 build?

I have solved the issue of the charging light being too bright & the notification light works for me too, but have been unsuccessful in finding the cause of the call echo.

Guest Karb10

I do not have a problem with echoing just whatsApp when I get the loudspeakers during the talk @nutsda charge problem I can not use in balance I have to use it in constant saving mode. @nutsda will be refreshing from the recent beta of the latest update in revenue.

Edited by Karb10