LineageOS 14.1 for Vodafone Smart Ultra 6

Guest nutsda

22 hours ago, yomarshmellow said:

Hey, it's me again. I learnt that the best way to get RR running to the device is through compiling it through the sources. I followed this video (listed below) on how to compile RR to your device and at some point the man mentioned how you had to download the Lineage device repo and kernel repo from Github and download them through terminal. The problem is there are no repos for p839v55. Am I overlooking something? Thanks.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWNaMgyrVGM

The Lineage github only has official device's & the p839v55 isn't officially supported, you will need to use the device, kernel & vendor sources from my github https://github.com/nutsda/

Please note that the vendor tree example in the video is for multiple devices so you will need to place the vendor tree at vendor/vodafone/p839v55

Alternatively you can just download the sources as a zip file instead & manually place the contents in their respective directories or create a local manifest file that will download the sources when you run repo sync.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest AGENTU007
On 8/16/2018 at 10:24 AM, nutsda said:

The only thing I can suggest is to try formatting the partitions from the advanced wipe menu & re-install Lineage

Hi Nutsda. please if you can make roms for samsung j7 (2017)
thank you, wait, reply

Guest jromariz

Hi,

I've been trying out the los13 and it works great on my ultra 6, but los14 always gets stuck on the loading screen, I never get the phone to enter the set up, I've tried multiple times with and without wiping the cach, with a full wipe of the phone before installing and nothing, do you guys have any idea of what I could be doing wrong? :(

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest JaPanAt

Hello. Sorry to revive this topic but I had a little issue. I recently installed TWRP 3.2.3.0 and the latest lineageos 14 on the phone. I get some improvements, but since some few days I get some issues with battery measurement and/or calibration: like it shows 40% or so but suddenly shuts-down. How can I recalibrate the battery? Thanks in advance.

Guest Skirttles

Install this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blogspot.superthomaslab.batterycalibration

Charge the phone to 100%, reboot phone.

After the reboot open the battery calibration and push the calibrate button and remove the phone from the charger.

Than use the phone until it reach the 0% and charge it until the 100% with the phone off.

And you're done. 

Edited by Skirttles

• 1 month later...
Guest SJ420

The ROM is stable apart from the fact I keep getting 'no service' despite the phone recognising the SIM (sim does work). I've done fresh install etc. It keeps saying airplane mode is on when I try to make a phone call even though it is off. Any help?

• 4 months later...
On 10/7/2018 at 1:34 AM, nutsda said:

I've never had a go porting ROMs that way, I just know that the base & port ROMs have to the same android version & that you also have to modify the boot.img also.

Due to the fact it's stuck on the powered by android screen, I believe the issue lies with boot.img / kernel side of things not loading. I actually did compile RR 5.8.5 from source a while ago (but have since removed the RR source code from my PC to free up space). Here is a copy of the build I did for you to try if you like RR-N-v5.8.5-20180716-p839v55-Unofficial.zip

I'm using it. Thank you for your effort nutsda

• 3 months later...
Guest usama829
On 5/23/2019 at 2:57 AM, JaPanAt said:

Hello. Sorry to revive this topic but I had a little issue. I recently installed TWRP 3.2.3.0 and the latest lineageos 14 on the phone. I get some improvements, but since some few days I get some issues with battery measurement and/or calibration: like it shows 40% or so but suddenly shuts-down. How can I recalibrate the battery? Thanks in advance

I'm using the stock ROM but I'm also getting the same problem whenever just 40% it turns down.firstly my flashlight turn down Secondly my button stopped working now my battery stopping at 40% during shuts down at 40%