Format sdcard as internal memory

Guest Donald Chase

Guest Donald Chase

I recently picked up a new 32GB sdcard to replace the one I had that apparently went read only and is unfixable.  After downloading a new app named AppMgrIII I learned that I need to format my sdcard as internal memory.  When I checked it out, I found that I had that option on my phone.  Not that when I installed the sdcard, I didn't have to format it.  It apparently had a different set of files in the Android folder then are in my internal Android folder.  I was able to back up my sdcard to my PC because Windows 10 didn't recognize the sdcard in my phone.  So I had to remove apps from my LG Stylo-3 phone to make room to move the files from the sdcard back into internal memory.  I the deleted the remaining files from the sdcard.  Ast that point the sdcard became unreadable.  When I went to format the sdcard, the only option available was format as external memory.  The format as internal memory had disappeared.  I'm guessing that there were a different set of files in the Android folder on the sdcard.  When I deleted them, I lost the option to format the sdcard as internal memory.  I'm not experienced with Android or Linux OS's.  Only DOS and Windows so I need help.  The AppMgrIII app gave me a suggestion on this web site using something call ABD.  I have no idea what that is or how to get it.  I would appreciate any help I can get.  My phone is not rooted and I don't know how to do that.  My only option at this time would be to go by another 32GB sdcard and start over.

Don Chase