How to remove the SPV E100 SIM LOCK... PERMANENTLY!

Guest Star_Dudy

Well RMWD - seems like you don't really need this thing in the first place. But if you want to know, when you incert a non-Orange SIM card it will ask you for the unlock code when SPV turned ON in the usual manner. Enter code. It will then tell you 'Phone unlocked'.

Thanks Madukrainian, it's nice to be sure. Maybe Next year a cheaper contract.

Guest alanclose
unlock worked fine, however my O2 sim doesn't find a service!

Maybe it is because of the latest UK update.

Check the Radio signal is on - I had to turn it on and it asked for the unlock code again - after that everything worked fine

Hi,

just got home and tried the unlock. Everything seems ok in that now when I go to Settings/Security I get the option to "Enable SIM Lock" from which I infer that it is no longer simlocked to orange sims however, trying my wifes Vodafone sim, during a reboot gives me a SIM Failure...SIM Invalid etc etc. I'm pretty sure that my phone is now unlocked but any ideas what the problem is here ?

cheers,

Ant.

ok. I tried my wifes Work phones SIM and that worked ok although it was a lot easier to do having disabled the SIM pin on her SIM before putting in the SPV. I had to wait 480 seconds before entering the SIM Unlock code because as soon as I turned the SPV on with the new SIM in, it complained there was an invalid password. My wifes personal SIM is very old, she's had it about 4 years so I guess old SIMs don't work.

btw.. my unlock code is 53718632 be interested to know whether this is similar to others..or whether they are really random numbers.

Cheers,

Ant.

Guest wirefree90

This is only going to mean that Orange can no longer afford to subsidise the SPV ( nor can any operator ) and from now on Smartphones will be sold at full price ....

sigh

spacemonkey: You misunderstood me. I am very sorry that I didn't write more clearly which I try to make up for now (with this reply).

With the "update" I wasn't talking about the Orange update which seems to be almost similar to the one we had in Denmark (I'm actually danish) a while ago. What I was talking about was the "update" as I call it for the SPV scene that updated us with the SIM unlocking.

If you look at my previous postings at this board you would see that SIM unlocking is something that I've waited for quite a while now. To me this "update" (SIM unlocking) is MUCH more important than the Orange/MS updates that has come around. To be honest I think those updates are a joke and that they don't bring important improvement to the SPV.

Alot of good programs are being made but the SIM unlock is to me the far most important seen yet. It's also the one that only few could make in opposite to some of the other programs we've seen.

Here in Denmark Orange promised us danish characters (we got 3 special characters the UK doesn't) and danish T9 in mid-december. It's now the end of february and we still haven't seen any danish characters or T9.

This and the fact that I wasn't able to get my SPV SIM unlocked almost made me sell my SPV but with it unlocked I think I'll give it another shot.

Well - this reply became alot longer than intended and is about alot more than SIM unlocking or the very little important Orange/MS update.

Sorry about that but that is what happends sometimes... :)

OK guys,

followed instructions and got my 8 digit code.Then put T mobile sim in spv, switched on, entered sim code and responded "invalid code" or words to that effect. Entered code again with same result. Then ran programme again which confirmed I had noted unlock code correctly 1st time. Tried a spare virgin sim this time, entered code as requested by spv, again responded invalid code on my next try sim was locked and I now have to get puk code from service provider. Any ideas?

davy.

It has just dawned on me that my old sim had a pin code which I enter on starting phone. Is this what I was actually being asked for rather than the sim unlock code?

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

davy.

OK it's sorted now.

BEGINNERS BEWARE

If you had a pin code on your old phone which you had to input on starting your old phone then this pin code is asked for first by the spv when doing the unlock for any network thingy. I took this pin off my other old sim and when I put it into spv to unlock for all networks it went straight to the code generated by the program. As seen from my earlier posts I blocked my other sim by not realising it was asking for my own pin code which I put on my old phone. Hope this makes sense.

davy.

p.s. away to call virgin now for puk code.

PUK, you havnt been entering the code in the right screen mate, thats the PIN screen! the Sim unlock screen just multiplies a timer by double every time you get it wrong!

Guest Drift3r

Ok, so now it is unlocked, are there any good deals out there for cheaper tarriffs? Will this be useful for pay as you go deals? Does anyone know of any good deals that will help us take advantage of this?

Cheers

Davy, that is exactly what it was. You enter SIM PIN first (if it is ON) and only then it will ask you for SIM-UNLOCK code, Then most likely will ask for SIM PIN again, but will give you a message 'Phone unlocked'

Guest pete1312

Has anyboby got this to work under Win ME :?:

I certainly can't - and I HAVE thoroughly read all of this topic, so please don't repeat anything already posted!

I've done the UK Update today (using the FR/UK work-around), but the Sim Unlock did not work yesterday either, prior to UK Update.

Does it or does it not work on ME :?:

Guest at-midnight

I've unlocked my SPV no problems. Very nice program. But am not sure of the full use of this as other sims will not have GPRS active so you'll not have any data access. Just MHO.

OK tried it again, and it worked fine O2 is up and running.

It asked me for the sim code (which I keep the same) and then the unlock code for the spv device (they keypad lock, not the SIM UNLOCK that you get from the we programme.)

I know that GPRS will not work, but will I be able to send and recieve SMS? Will I have to alter the settings, ot does the SIM do that automatically?

Usually the SMS centre number is preset in SIM, but how well SPV deals with it is another question. Trial&error... Have not tried sending SMS, but phone calls work just fine :)

Guest tazmania

I wonder, has anyone unlocked the phone and made the complete configuration for swisscom, meaning gprs, wap, mms? gprs is no problem, wap acts a little strange, and mms i don't get to work at all. I've got all the settings from swisscom, however, so don't tell me where to get these... :)

Anyone from switzerland got this to work?