MMS: Freezing/Crashing

Guest dodgybob

Guest dodgybob

Moved by SiteAdmin, due to being a non OS related problem.

Bug:

When using applications especially the MMS app there may be short freezes OR even total lock-ups!

Guest dodgybob

Resolution:

The thing you have to remember here is that the MMS app is nothing to do with Microsoft Smartphone 2002... They won't do anything about it... you have to bug Orange on this issue...

If it is the "freezing" tha concerns you, just a few seconds usually solves it. The processor just churning away through various debugs and exceptions :D - Reminds me of software I wrote that created in the 1st year: a randomly genereted maze and a robot that traversed it.. extremely buggy!! :(

if you are experiancing lock-ups the best solution is off / on the phone... if the phone buggers up hard reset it... Check the tips and tricks section of the forum for more info on hard reset!

If multiple Hard resets are not working consider taking it back to the shop. Some handsets are known to have these weird un-fixable bugs in them !!

I agree with the previous poster, its always worth waiting a while first to see if it was just "busy"; you may have to remove the battery but don't be too eager to do this.

Sam

• 3 years later...
Guest Paul [MVP]

From reading round in various places, I get the impression that Samsung handsets have a bit of a reputation for having poor battery life.

Is this the case? Any Samsung owners care to comment?

P

Guest Paul [MVP]

You're right in that a lot of people will be less bothered by battery life than other things.

For me, the breaking point is a phone that won't last a long weekend with minimal usage.

Of course, a phone that doesn't last a day (like the Samsung i300) is a big no-no :)

P

Guest Paul [MVP]

I disagree.

Even with the very latest functionality including a big colour screen, and with moderate use including frequent email checking, I expect my devices to go at least 3 days, and that's achievable with the latest devices (Pocket PCs, Smartphones etc).

On a feature phone that doesn't have such a fast CPU etc., i'd definitely expect even more.

P