<<NEW>> AUTO decertifier the phone. V2

Guest Will

Below find a 'beta' app for performing the hardest bit of decertification.

Fully tested on : UK updated and FRench updated Phones. - please pm me if you used it sucessfully or not with any other language updates.

The copying of the provisioning file onto the phone.

You need to have edited the file and copy it to the directory where you run the application.

How it works:

It basically detects the activesync connection, and copys the file over, if you check the loop box, it will continue to do this.

Several people have sucessfully used this AFTER erasing their IPSM to unlock the phone.

PM me or reply to report bugs etc.

Hope it helps.

Will

v2 released

UPDATED:

V3 is released.

see:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...p=268948#268948

Still a beta. this version modifies the file too.. so the only bit YOU have to do is the hard reset. (you can do it honestly).

If you are providing this file on your website, please PM/Email me to let me know, and PLEASE pass on some credit.. (I know some people can be a little sloppy in doing this :wink: )

Dechelp.zip

V2Decerter.zip

Guest revolution.cx

I was actually in the process of writing something like this! I just started though, so no great loss.

I was going to make mine read the file off the SPV, modify it and then prompt the user to restart.

Thanks!

i could add that functionality, but it worried me that trying to read the file, modify and rewrite could cause problems...

Will

If required i could get this to do that.. but ..

Guest Syvwlch

"Let's see how this one wears with the users, first, Ed, before you fix it."

"Ok, Bill, you da man."

And Ed writes legibly on the floppy : DOS 1.0

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I can confirm it works fine. (/me == alpha tester after Pic2Caller killed my phone earlier :))

Copy the provxml file to your PC

Remove the phone from its cradle, run the tool and click "begin", it must be in the same dir as the provxml.

Edit the provxml and continue with the hard reset as normal.

3 seconds after the blue "SmartPhone" screen appears place the phone back in its cradle as normal and let the tool do its business

Sorted ;)

Guest revolution.cx

My hope was to lower the barrier on de-certing so even total noobs could do it. Kind of like a wizard:

- Prompt user to connect phone to ActiveSync if not already connected.

- Copy provxml off of device and edit it internally.

- Show user picture of how to hard reset, what the IPSM erase screen looks like and what screen looks like when they should put it back in cradle.

- Prompt user to do the hard reset and such

- Copy file over via RAPI.

Any subset of this is helpful. I'll be getting my apps certed but if our goal is get as many people to uncert as possible (even if its just a message to Orange that decerted phones don't cause chaos) the easier it is the more well get.

Please don't take any of this as negative criticism, thanks for getting the app out in the first place!

i could add that functionality, but it worried me that trying to read the file, modify and rewrite could cause problems...

Will

If required i could get this to do that.. but ..

revolution cx : thank you.

I'm working on some other stuff at the moment. but I will probably do as you suggest when this is done.

Will

Any other suggestions/ideas welcome. (just trying to make useful stuff!)

Guest Billy Marrafyass

Will - you are a genius. I've been browsing modaco + other sites for ages to see what was what. I decided to decert, followed the instructions but got stuck on the pasting process. I'm no spanner but it was getting on my nerves until I spotted your Dechelp prog. Worked first time!

Marvellous work!

Top man.

Guest FragMeister

Nice one mate!

After trying numerous times to 'manually' copy the edited file across to no avail, it worked first time with your excellent app.

Saw that it was charityware and as it was Comic Relief last night have made a donation to them.

Proper Job.

Guest aaron

Thank you so much.

After trying for a day I had given up on de-certifying. Thought I'd give it another go with your app.....

and it worked first time

I love my SPV

Guest Maverick

Will this work for the DK users after the DK update 2..

As far as I am aware, they had problems de-certing, because Activesync was starting up too late.

Maybe this tool will help them .. :shock:

Sorry we've tested to destruction with DK update2, and the activesynce process is not started until far too late..

Any other suggestions thoughts keep em coming..

Will

Guest scooper

im a total NOOB and well all this talk of unlocking has got me confused what does this program do and how do you use it theres no instructions or read me i get my phone on wednesday will it become more clear then....... how do i do this unlocking im really worried incase i cant do it im so impatient....

Version 2 released. no copying or editing required, just point and click..

This is only for UK updated phones, (and compatible other updates).

Link to download is in the first post of the thread.

Will

Thanks to Awarner and those who are helping test and sending me provisioning files.

Any new ideas/ requests, please ask!

v2decert.jpg

Guest Pinnacle

Hate to be the ignorant one here, but what are the specific steps to accomplish de-certification using version 2 of this app, then? I want to make certain I get this right the first time.

Merely start it and it will copy and modify from your phone? After your phone is taken from the cradle, hard reset, and put back...will it automatically copy then (while still running)? I just want a dumbed-down, step-by-step process using the updated version.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

That's it, the application gives you 3 steps when you click begin:

1: Place phone in cradle.

2: Once the file is copied and modified, you will be told to remove the phone, and hard reset the phone.

3: when the orange screen changes to the blue screen, place phone back in cradle. When the phone is fully rebooted, click the end button.

Hope this helps.

Will