Voice Dialing

Guest sbsdegb1

Guest sbsdegb1

Can the SPV use voice dialing because if it does I can't find how to set it up anywhere. I read somewhere in a review that it could but I don't think it has this facility.

Pity really as I find voice dialing handy when in the car.

Other than that more than happy with my SPV.

Guest Fulkrum

We discovered today that Microsoft Smartphone can use voice tickets and the sendo Z100 could. However the facility is not there on the SPV, AKA Canary.

Guest sbsdegb1

What a bugger.....

Probably not a show stopper but if you have had it and used it you miss it when its gone.

Any ideas if its to be included in later updates / patches of the software.

I feel your dissapointment too sbsdegb1, i always use vioce dialing on my 8250 in my car, and i was also going mad trying to find it.

I really loved this phone 2 days ago, but it is losing its novelty fast :D

Guest sbsdegb1

but it is more than just a nice to have.

Wouldn't say I was going off the phone because being able to use MSN Messenger when out and about is a godsend for me.

Lets just hope that we get a patch / update soon to fix lots of people gripes. I for one will be keeping my SPV.... Its like part of the family now.

Have you noticed in the Shortcuts app, in the help, it says you can add shortcuts or voice tags to contacts or applications. Clearly they meant to do voice tags at some point. Plus of course, the button on the headset implies the same functonality - I was amazed to find it doesn't even hang-up a call!

Ralph.

Voice dialling (voice tags) was on ALL Oranges pre-release advertising, it

was on ALL the phone sent out for review ( see -

http://www.infosync.no/show.php?id=2481 4th paragraph of 3rd page of the

review ) the Orange shop in Manchester told me it had voice dialling, Orange

customer service told me it had voice dialling and (as you probably already know) the

phones menu refers to voice dialling but does the phone have voice

dialling - NO; another rip off from Orange.

When I realised it was not on the phone as standard I asked Orange if there

was an update coming along. I was told there may be a third party

application release soon but it would be chargeable at around the £13 mark.

Guest sbsdegb1

If all advertising blurb says that there is voice dialing then I want it. I don't want to buy it, I want it for free.

There is a little thing called the 'Trades Description Act'. Perhaps I should ring orange and remind them of this.

No! Not acceptable!! Like we have all seen on the advertising blurb this phone was sold as HAVING this feature as standard! I shall be phoning trading standards first thing tomorrow morning. I like the phone, intend to keep it but there are beginning to be a few too many features that are not as advertised. I feel its time Orange are made to give us some definative answers - but as we all know they are good at giving us the run around...lets see if they think they can give the trading standards dept the same treatment and get away with it!

Trading standards won't be able to help. The day the phone was released the advertising on their site was changed to coincide, hence the bit about voice dial was taken off. I don't think it was actually advertisied as voice dial at the same physical time the phone was available for public sale.

read the manual. it says you can add voice tags! to contacts and menu items.. how is that weaker argument than actual advert? apart from that it might not be orange who printed it (thay could say). but it's s***

Guest ashes01

chill out spvman, jeez its not like the most major feature on a handset...

u tend to find that e&oe are on most ads or specs correct at time of print blurb too.

Lets face it a corporation as big as Orange with their legal dept aint gonna miss something like that without some sort of clause.

BTw wildfire aint free (shock horror my god do we have to pay for network features!). Its about £11.50 as a one off connection and stays with u for as long as u have contract on orange.

Then its a case of the tricky bit (which is prolly also orange's fault) of long-pressing the 1 key to get to your answerphone.

BTW my spv doesnt have global feature resolve option and i also put this down to being Orange's fault (!)

purlease

:D

chill out spvman, jeez its not like the most major feature on a handset...

Chill out?? Hey, maybe voice dial isnt a big feature for you Ashes but if you do a lot of driving as I do then voice dial is a big deal - i really cant afford to either pull over every time i need to make a call or risk taking my eyes off the road to fiddle with a keypad the size of the spv's. I read the advertising blurb and it said it had voice dialing so i took it for granted that it did - afterall this was advertising blurb on an official orange site. Maybe I should have run through every feature on the phone at time of purchace to make sure it was actually there???? There is obviously some voice type of feature capability within the handset hence the voice tags option in the menu so it should be possible at some point...i dont expect to have to pay for the privellage tho.. this must be addressed by orange at some point, maybe in an update. I could give you many analogies as to why it should be there if they said it was there but frankly i think you can see my point :roll:

• 11 months later...
Guest rogerbates

Actually there is a case for trading standards, not only was voice dialling advertised when the phone was released a year ago but it is STILL ON THE SITE NOW! :shock:

http://web.orange.co.uk/yourphone/spv/mana...manageyourcalls

So it must have been there when the phone was on sale, surely that comes under the trade descriptions act?

If you go to the site, choose the SPV as your phone and then choose manage your calls, sure enough it says that "You can add voice tags to entries in your phone book so it's quick and easy to call someone."

No mention whatsoever of the fact that in reality you can do nothing of the sort. :evil:

Guest maxfield
Have you considered Orange wildfire... I use it for everrything an think it great. This will emulate your voice Dial and lots more. Mike

I am using Wildfire with a Jabra BT200 headset on a E200 and voice dialing works a treat you can call a contact or read out a phone number.

I rang Orange yesterday just check if Wildfire was included in my free minutes and they said it was no longer avaliable.

Existing Wildfire users would keep the service until the NEW! service was released sometime in the next TWELVE months.

Orange have no news on the new service they do not know what it is or when it will be up and running. Big help.

You can still get Wildfire if your Visualy Impared but you will have to prove it.