SD/MMC Cards

Guest dodgybob

Guest dodgybob

The SPV takes SD/MMC cards from popular manufacturers... all cards should work properly... SD (Secure Digital) cards are usually faster and more expensive...

There have also been rumours of SD cards having digital security (hence the name) to prevent piracy on MP3's and other media...?

Any info on that?

i just ordered 2 (one for myself one for my mate) 135 ukp each from www.digitaldepot.co.uk cheapest i could find after hours of searching

the contacts on the mm cards look very different to the sd contacts, also the sd cards have a write protect switch on them (how useful????)

Guest bjambean

I would guess he means the 256 SD cards not a bad price

I would recommend sd definately! They are capable of 4* the speed of the MMC cards

I have found a 128mb sd card for £53!

They are £129 in PC World!!!!!!

I've just searched around too...

Amazon.com have 128mb SD cards for $64.99 but they won't ship to the uk :D

7Dayshop is the cheapest i've found so far for uk, £54. I've just ordered one...

Guest Third_of_Five

Dabs.com, Scan.co.uk I hear also supposed to carry them. All prices Ive seen so far are around the £50 mark for the 128mb version.

Beware with 7dayshop, they take a long time to complete your order. About 10 days it will take from online order to delivery. Pretty poor in this day and age. I won't have my SD card before I have to decide if I am to send my SPV back!! They are in Guernsey which is why it takes so long.

Guest Lizard_King

Got a 256Mb SD card from www.scan.co.uk this week for 108 GBP (+VAT i think) and works a treat...its now filled with MP3s etc.

Only gripe is that if left uncharged my phone would run out of charge b4 all the MP3s played..lol! That aside its still wicked tho.

Guest dickeyboy

I order the 64mb card from 7day Shop last Sunday (01/12) for £34.95. I also paid for the fast delivery so it arrived on Thursday morning.

I have got about 25 songs on it. I converted them from 128/160kbps MP3's to 80Kbps wma files. I should say that most of the songs are average length and there are about four 8 minute longs tracks so I could have probably got a bit more on it.

I have found that 64k gives reasonable quality but if you have songs with a lot of bass on them then they can distort a little.

Guest Gunslinger

I picked up my 128MB SD card for about £43 inc Vat and Shipping Through ebay.

It takes about a week to come from the states. The seller was topdot7 and you can pay through credit/debit card via paypal and billpoint.

These are the cheapest i could find. They are the SanDisk Make. :D

• 2 weeks later...

do you need to copy any files over when you swap SD cards?

Depends...Do you have files you need on it? IE have you installed applications to your card?

If so you'll need to copy them (and the file structure they are in) to retain functionality.

also do you need to power off first?

Nope = hot pluggable!

:D

Guest BigLewiD

On the memory cards can you store pictures and ringtones to use on the phone itself? and if so, how do you use them? How do you store and use mp3's? can someone please help me? Thanks

• 3 years later...