PocketMvp 8R Beta3B (updated)

Guest malloc

Guest madu

Please see ClintEasman's (My Dub Settings 2) in his signature...

PocketMVP only plays DivX 5.03 encoded files, so anything else won't work.

Guest jim80b

Madu heres the keymap.

up 38

down 40

left 37

right 39

action 13

Soft left 112

Soft right 113

dial 114

hangup 115

home 91

back 27

0 48

1 49

2 50

3 51

4 52

5 53

6 54

7 55

8 56

9 57

# 120

vol+ 117

vol- 118

Voice record 121

Guest Direct_Drive

Doh! didnt realise I would have to re-encode the files for SPV playback :) Pretty stupid of me.

After a "ClintEastman" pass through VirtualDub my SouthPark episodes now work pretty well.

The only gripe is that the video (not the audio) seems to freeze up every five minutes or so, but pressing pause/play seems to kickstart it into working again.

Thinking about it however, most of the DivX files are unreliable on my PC so I cant really expect much better from my phone :(

Thanks for the help, hopefully i'll be less of a newbie next time i post :oops:

Im "harry-the-dont-do-stuff-that-will-irritate-your-inner-ear-badger"

Guest madu

@jim80b: Thanks mate!!

@clint: You sure??

@midnight: Duh! Appologies.

@malloc:

- I am having problems :( On a large mp3 file, it would seek ok, but usually till it reaches middle, sometimes only 1/2 seek fwd are made and on next one it would just exit the player... Any suggestions?

- Also, what is that 300000 Cache set in the registry?

- AND, I found why the 'info' wouldn't scroll in the infobar - in the .pds file, [infoView] there's a string "scrolltext=1", apparently it is case sensitive and must be "ScrollText=1".

PS: I will modify my skin and put up updated one soon. Also I have another skin ready, but it is just a rip (surprised?) from one of the PPC ones, so need to ask the author if he don't mind... :)

Guest jim80b

the cache is how much the player buffers in mem (i think).

i have had it down to 150000 with no problems but ended up reseting it as am not 2 sure on performance setbacks

my fav change is to set playonopen to 0 so when i open files i dont need to pause then play again

Guest malloc

The caching buffer is not used unless you set the MicroDrive caching

key to 1, I couldn't tell the difference while playing a divx when I tried,

so it's disabled by default.

For the MP3 problem, I'll try to have a look... :wink:

edited: I've uploaded a new cab, it might help with big

avi files (couldn't test with one unfortunatly)...

malloc

Guest madu

WOW! MicroDrive caching made a visible difference to playing MATRIX vids by ClintEastman. No jumping whatsoever, but it takes a little while to cache (10-18sec depending on cache size 50k-300k). I don't know how well it works on larger files, but I definitely will keep it ON for a while and see...

PS: I have 2 new skins... Am waiting for the author to come back with permission... Preview PMVP_SP

Guest ClintEastman

madu, give it a go on my Animatrix clip with and without it on and tell me what you get.

Follow my sig neo.....

Guest ClintEastman

My pink bits are showing!!!!!

I encoded the Revolutions trailer for SPV....

View it on my PC and it's fine...

Play it on my SPV and i get a pink square for the duration of 1 scene at the start.

Encoded a different copy (mpg) and get the same thing, what's that all about then?

Guest Chris Edwards

Just to let everyone know; I've encoded the matrix movie (90mb :)) in Divx 5.05, and it works just fine. As long as you turn off all of the advanced options (bframes, gmc, etc), there's no reason why any version of DivX5 shouldn't play.

Now I've got something to watch while waiting in line for 3 hours tomorrow for the Matrix 2 :(... I'm glad that SPV finally arrived in the mail yesterday :D.

Guest dyey

some questions on the audio player:

- how can you play multiple audio files in the sense that when one file ends, another begins? i tried opening a file then using the previous/next buttons (4/6) but it wouldn't change the current file being played. i was thinking that i had to make a playlist of sorts for this but i have no idea how to make one (the "playlist editor" function under file is gray and i can't select it).

- can some audiophiles here share their general equalizer settings? i'm pretty much deaf in that regard :roll:

thanks in advance :)

Guest razorhazor

Nice app malloc, one problem though,

I always listen to large single MP3's say about 80mg each, when I try and seek through the MP3 it kills the app.

Usually it lets you seek though the mp3 twice and if you try it agin it kicks out to the start menu.

any ideas?

Guest procalli

Hi, Great App,

but im having problems when I seek a file (key 3). It show the updated position but when it resumes it only shows a black screen.

Any ideas.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest siu99spj
My pink bits are showing!!!!!

I encoded the Revolutions trailer for SPV....

View it on my PC and it's fine...

Play it on my SPV and i get a pink square for the duration of 1 scene at the start.

Encoded a different copy (mpg) and get the same thing, what's that all about then?

From what I know it could be a bit error in the original stream. Now, your player manages to know this is an error (Adaptive smoothing or something) and it don't show. However, VirtualDub doesn't and encodes it as a blip, OR there's a blip in DivX code causing the problem (It can't code part of the scene for some reason (Very specific blip, kinda hard to prove)). See if it happens on a full size encode or different SPV. Also, if you have the hard disk space, you could always convert it to a full frame and then go back. That way you could check actual frames for errors.

And as a side note, where in Beezlebub's name did you get that trailer?

Guest terminater2_uk

Just downloaded the latest version, installed to SD card fine. Tried to open it but got not a valid CE application. Switched off and on and now get cannot find pocket mvp, any ideas? Last version worked fine :lol:

Uninstall from Settings>Rem.Progs., reboot, then reinstall. Had similar problem before, all good now though. Make sure SD has space and is not write-protected