Orange Update

Guest Gecko

Guest sherwinsm

i think so....since orange has its own unit to upgrade, well, i was looking forward to solve this battery problem tanager have... did any1 noticed how fast our battery sink down...tsk, tsk...that sometimes i have to charge it everynight..

Guest dinoalbert

were you able to compare the difference of the battery life between the Tanager and the Canary? I dont think there's any diffence or even with the Orange ROM update (if ever its possible to use it) would ever make a difference. This small device is Windows powered, it uses 65K colors with a very bright backlight, power-hungry apps especially the games and Media players...one should expect that the battery wouldnt last that long. Didnt you notice that laptops/notebooks cant also last a day without using an external ac power? The best thing to do is buy (if there's any) an extra battery to serve as a backup.

Will the Orange ROM update work with our Tanager? Well it was built for the Canary I believe...unless someone could tell us here that he has tried and proved that it did work on his Tanager. So if you are not sure, dont take the risk.

Guest awarner [MVP]

What are the battery differences then? the SPV lasts for 2-3 days but it

does depend on use if I play games for an hour a day the phone will last just over

two days. Don't forget that the SPV is the TanagerSAP phone so they are compatable but ony

play around if you know what you are doing. Also the network settings will change to Oranges

etc.

Guest vctor

maybe someone who has a spare tanager can download the orange update...

am tired of calling and asking smart for the new version

Guest Superman

whoa! :idea: ur lasted for 2 days, I wud be very happy if my SPVx cud last 24 hours, do you think my batt is defective?

Guest dinoalbert

I havent really personally tested my phone's battery life.... I just cant get my fingers off my phone, keep on playing with it almost the whole day... so my battery lasted for only about a day and needs recharging every night :)

probably it will also last for 2 days or so if I only use it for SMS and voice calls...