Ringtones on SD Card Profile vmail added by Saif

Guest midnight

Guest k2bk2bk2b

Excellent Job there.... Much user friendly than the smarttones......

coz unfortunately nobody answers me on what to change the name of the sd card to....

THis is EASY>>...... espcially for a NEWbie LIKE myself....

no dissing intended to smarttone though... heheheh

after one day i dicovered that the tones will not work if u close the cover for the mitac mio.

any help?? it automatically goes back to beep beep :oops:

• 4 weeks later...

cool, i have spent a good while trying to sus that one i cant seem to get em to work whatever i do so ill use your clever prog......

and if you reply how to do it on a e200 without your prog then ill be really greatful ..... and ill try blaming it on the hour lolololol

Guest absolutgcs

is there any way at all to have a contact's custom ring tone be located on the SD card?? This would be VERY beneficial, and I would edit the registry if needed.

512MB SD card just screaming to be used... =)

Giri

Guest Pagemakers

:lol: No ringtones on SD card on e200 I'm afraid.

Mid, how about another field were we can change the following field manually so we can edit out the 3 sec pause?

Guest midnight
:lol:  No ringtones on SD card on e200 I'm afraid.

Mid, how about another field were we can change the following field manually so we can edit out the 3 sec pause?

i dont think thats possible i'm afraid, you can either set it to a number of remove it in the profile xml, but i dont think its possible to manually edit it, i'll have a look for you though.

I'll be looking at other solutions to this problem and other tweaks as soon as i get my e200

Guest Pagemakers

Hmm you may want to consider the MPX200 as well as, or instead of the E200. Just returned my E200 and swapped it for another one due to the T9 problems I was having.

While I was in the shop I had a go with the Moto and side by side the Moto is faster in every way, browsing, menus, etc. I was gob smacked.

Then the sales guys pointed out that the Moto was free and after the first month I could drop to a £10 per month contract. It was too good to miss. So now I am the proud owner of both!

• 1 year later...
Guest laxman20

I have 2 MIO 8390 Smartphone 2003 phones. Identical units except for one thing.

One of the phones will allow me to use the WMA and MP3 files on my SD card as a Ringtone and the other phone will not. Why?

I tried the solution presented in this forum and it does not work.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mkent_barbados

Can this work on the new WM2003 smartphones? Trying on my SP3i, and I can't seem to overwrite/delete/rename my existing Normal.prof.xml

Just looking at all the posts I see them from 2003, so may be outdated :) But if this could work it would be nice. Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest madsison
Here is a solution to the Ringtones on SD card problem.

Attached is a zip file containing a replacement Normal profile, simply copy this file into IPSMApplication DataProfiles

and when you Edit the profile you will notice several new edit boxes, I have defaulted all of these to Storage Card so you can add your own folder names and file names onto the end.

In the Notification section you will notice 2 of these boxes, the first is for the SMS notification, the second is for E-mail.

UPDATE: see here for update by Saif to include VMail notification.

Enjoy!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what about your custom ringtone tone?????????

• 5 months later...