XML syntax

Guest elementalist

Guest elementalist

There is some info in the Microsoft site and some here and some there, but has anyone found, like, a developer's reference for the home screen XML, specifically the syntax posibilities with the Add-Ins provided? It's a real struggle using trial-and-error and patching bits together to work out what can and can't be done, innit? :)

Guest marksankey

If you download the Smartphone SDK, the help file that comes with it has quite a comprehensive section on the properties and so on of the add-ins that can be used in the home screen.

Guest Neil Enns (MS)

An update is on the way for the Home Screen Whitepaper (the doc on MSDN). I wrote the updated version about a week ago and the MSDN guys say it takes a couple of weeks for the update to get up. It may take a bit longer though since it's getting close to the holidays.

The updated document has two new appendicies. One is the detailed list of all the plug-ins that's in the SDK. The other is a detailed list of all the different attributes supported for the assorted tags (most importantly, all the attributes for the tag!). Should help a whole lot, and I do apologize for not having the info in there in the first place. Totally my bad :D

--

Neil Enns

Lead Program Manager

Microsoft Mobile Devices Product Group

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Guest Neil Enns (MS)

I'd like to, but it's way too long and they need to do an edit pass on it. Chris's list is pretty good in the mean time, he pulled it from the SDK and added the info on the Orange plugins (which we didn't write about). It's missing the formatting options too, but that's cause the SDK didn't have it either :(

http://www.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=714

Thanks for the welcome, but don't expect to see many posts from me :D (I prefer to spend time over in our newsgroup). But the home screen is my baby, so I thought I'd stop by and see what folks were talking about!