Orange keyboard for SPV

Guest Machineman

Guest Machineman

Hi,

Has anyone experience with the orange keyboard 4 the spv?

I want to buy it today but I was wondering if it works easy?

Becouse it is very soft (you can roll it up!!!)

It seems to be very handy becouse it almost doesn't take any space in your bag.

CU M8's

Guest Vector

And if you sign up to MoDaCo Plus, there is an ORA deal in he pipeline i believe and that would mean money off the keyboard :lol:

Guest Machineman

Ok I just got it 4 my birthday!!!! :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

Works good I can tell now!!! :lol:

But is there an program to make and edit XML on the phone?

Guest john.sw

The Soft Keyboard is fantastic!

Typing speeds are almost as quick as a standard keyboard, and you can select to have key clicks (through the phone's speaker) switched on or off.

I am told you can also use it as a games joystick, by holding your fist over the centre of the keyboard and rocking it about - but I have no idea if that works as I am excused games :lol:

Not only is the keyboard easy to use (complete with built-in docking cradle) it is also very easy to store and carry around. What's more, it is not going to break if you drop it!

It has a socket for the mains charger, but no USB port.

I can't recommend it more - in fact, the SPV is hardly worth having without it!

Guest Machineman

You're right about everything!!! :lol:

I enjoy it very much and carry it everywhere now!!!

With the notepad 4 the SPV it is very handy to work with at my job to write reports when i'm not in the office!!! I just have to get it from txt to word and done!!! I think it is the most best thing I got 4 my SPV till now!!!

I just miss the ability to connect it from the soft keyboard with usb.

CU m8 :D

Guest Machineman

:lol:

Hi 4 sure you can have a lot of fun and use it in a perfect way I work with it 4 one week now and it is perfect.

Perfect of keeping my hours and projects of my work in order in the notepad. And write some concept reports of the projects on location.

I just have to copy it to word and finish it :D :lol: :D

CU :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Machineman

Hi,

What kind of typists????

It is possible to adjust the working of the keyboard in some ways.

But i don't know what you mean with Dvorak typists.

CU m8 :lol:

Guest dchurch24

In Windows (and mac OSX) you can change the keyboard layout for sad gits like me who don't use the QWERTY layout. Like choosing UK layout instead of US, but a bit more extreme!!! I just wonderd if you could change it to a Dvorak layout (it hurts the hand less!)

Guest markhammill

Hi, Does anyone know how to get the keyboard to work? Is there a driver I need?

The rom is uptodate and to my knowledge the keyboard works but I can't get then to do anything.

Also is it normal for the profile to switch to Car when the keyboard is plugged?

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...
Guest mattscholey

How much are the roll-up keyboards, and where can I buy one (I assume I can get one from an Orange Shop)? And is there a picture anywhere on the net?

Thanks

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fat Freddys Cat

*bump*

Another sad git here - I want a keyboard for my SPV but only if it can support Dvorak! Please someone let me know if it's possible.

In case you're interested - http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/

I've been using it a month - first week I felt like I was going mad, 2nd week was sheer frustration, 3rd week it all fell into place and by the 4th I was going a lot faster and more comfortably than with QWERTY. I really don't want to go back!

In Windows (and mac OSX) you can change the keyboard layout for sad gits like me who don't use the QWERTY layout.  Like choosing UK layout instead of US, but a bit more extreme!!!  I just wonderd if you could change it to a Dvorak layout (it hurts the hand less!)

Guest Fat Freddys Cat

Well, I can just feel that this burning issue is of vital importance to y'all, so I'll tell you what I've found!

This here review http://www.palminfocenter.com/print.asp?ID=2883

sez that sho nuff this keyboard has been known to support Dvorak, yippee. But I have read elsewhere that people have been distinctly underwhelmed by the SPV drivers for this thing, so if some kind soul out there with one of these could take a peek and see if it comes with a Dvorak option on the SPV, I would me most grateful.