Change keypad LED to blue + jlowap Blue LED Mod

Guest djkat

Guest James

Another Update... and a WARNING!

1. i took the thing apart again today to measure the voltage on the LEDs and took some pictures (pic 1 and 2).

2. when i put it back togeter i used a tissue with FE10 solvent cleaner on my screen to cleen it!!! ARRRRR! it did not like that! see pic3. the dark patches are caused by the solvent eating away at the plastic inner screen (i thought it was glass but is has a plastic layer over it)

LEDSOFF.jpg

LEDSON.jpg

pic3.jpg

Guest awarner [MVP]

you're a brave lad, hat's off to you :lol:

I'm tempted to do this now as well :?.

Still might wait for the warranty to run out first.

Guest James

someone has got to be the fist to do mad stuff like this.... at least the black paint is still looking nice! leds should be here tomorrow!

Guest James

there is one other problem i have thought of.... i am not sure if the small current reg resistors can take the increase in current from the blue leds... will look at the figures again

Guest James

UPDATE: 1 x blue LED fitted!!!

took it apart again......have a look at the picture.......

as you can see one LED is fitted but now some of the other green ones have gone dim...........

bluex1.jpg

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

By bridging that resistor surely you risk either burning out another component or further reducing the battery life?

(Nice job so far though :lol:)

Guest Monolithix [MVP]
i am not bridging the resistor........ thats just stupid

That's what i thought ;p

I was wondering if you were gonig to try it after modfathers suggestions though, obviously not hehe...

Guest James

ok the '3rd' LED is in (top row in picture)..................

i found i had to bridge the 2nd led to conserve power but i think two led's will be bright enough.......

looking sweet!

Can I just point out again - it looks AWESOME!!

PS: Can we have a pic of it in semi-bright light. So we have an idea of what it's gonna be in, say, a room when no sun is shining outside (you know, English weather..)

Guest mattbrown

that is as sweet as a nut - so whered you order the leds from - how much and take us through step by step how you did it - also what kinda soldering iron did you use - ive got a standard one with a pointed tip - will that work??

Guest mattbrown

i know i aint great but my mate can build up audio amps in a jiffy so i mite get him to do it - then again i havent got an excuse not to try it myself i went to collage for 3 years and did eletronic servicing