My Travel "Sound System"

Guest Simon Desser

Guest Simon Desser

As I occassionally have to stay away on business, and for holidays etc, I fancied some travel speakers to use with my Smartphone. So I've just got some "Creative Travelsound" speakers, and they're not bad at all. Considering how small they are, the sound is pretty damn good :)

They come with a mains adapter, and also run off batteries, and come with travel pouch.

The base folds out, and the angle of the speakers can be adjusted. This means my phone can be propped up in the middle of the speakers, and sits almost perfectly in between the two grooves, looking cool 8) and ideal for watching video clips (not full screen and rotated :D )

You need some sort of 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter, but the cheap Maplins one will do the trick ;)

They cost about £45.00, so they're a bit dear, but my initial thoughts are, they're pretty good.

Creative Speakers.jpg

Tanager & Speakers.jpg

Guest Simon Desser
Looks pretty good to me!!!  And they sound good, eh?

They sound pretty good for their size, and there's also a "wide" setting. I've not really had chance to test them out, but first impressions were good.

Guest morpheus2702

Simon, you realise that your top picture is the sort of thing that would shift THOUSANDS of SPVs/SPVs E-100s? It is just the picture that gets gadget freaks saying 'wow, what's that?'

Orange marketing - hang your heads in shame :oops:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sonec

Hey,

They are cool, and since i travel heaps would be ideal.

Anyone know where i can pick up a set in the UK, i have managed to find them on the Creative US website, but they dont appear on the Creative UK one.

Any Ideas.

Guest Firaas
Hey,

They are cool, and since i travel heaps would be ideal.

Anyone know where i can pick up a set in the UK, i have managed to find them on the Creative US website, but they dont appear on the Creative UK one.

Any Ideas.

PC World doing them for £50 if you fancy paying cash/saving delivery.

Guest Machineman

Looks great!!!

Is a must have 4 me ha ha ha!!!

I can use something like this on my travels around the globe!!!!!

I checked it out on their site it's just € 80,-

CU m8's. :wink:

Guest Flash

They do look good. I was just wondering how loud they are? Are they significantly louder than the speaker phone on the Tanager / SPV?

Guest Simon Desser
They do look good.  I was just wondering how loud they are?  Are they significantly louder than the speaker phone on the Tanager / SPV?

It's a lousy quality video clip taken with a digicam and converted to WMV, but this shows the difference between the Creative speakers, and the built in speaker :)

Tanager & Creative Speakers.zip

Guest Flash

Hey Simon - Nice One! There is a considerable difference to the volume. I think you just sold me one ;-) Thanks for your time in doing that :-)

Guest jonblakeburn
Hey Simon - Nice One!  There is a considerable difference to the volume.  I think you just sold me one ;-)  Thanks for your time in doing that :-)

You've sold me a pair too Simon!

Tomorrow's shopping list: 1 x Creative speakers and 1 x 256mb SD Card. Followed by a trip up to Maplins to get one a 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter....

:)

Guest Flash

Already did Machineman. They seem to be of average price - best deal being the 256mb 'extremememory' card at 80 Euros. Works out about £55 GBP.

Guest jonblakeburn
jonblakeburn - know any cheap places to get a 256mb sd card?

eBay.co.uk is always a good bet, but then again eBuyer.com seem to be able to match some ebay prices on some brands...

:?

Guest Flash

OK, sorry :wink: Just for the record though, once you add vat and postage to ebuyer prices, they aren't that cheap. Anyway, I say no more :) :wink:

Guest Machineman

Hi there,

I check the other sites because the prices on this site are cheap in comparing to the prices in holland :roll:

CU M8's

Guest Flash

Well, got my TravelSound yesterday and am delighted with it. I can't add much to Simons original comments about the sound - for a small unit the sound is excellent, especially when you use the 'Wide Stereo Effect Switch' which does indeed throw the sound further out.

I do have two little niggles it regarding the build quality though. Firstly the unit, when opened up and standing (in Simons picture) is a little top heavy. You need to lean the speakers back slightly in order for the unit not to topple forward. The batteries are positioned in the speaker unit - surely they would have been better positioned in the base unit to give additional stability.

Secondly, the switches - Power and Wide Stereo - are a little stiff. They feel kind of cheap, but perhaps they'll loosen up after a little wear.

Anyway, the whole point about speakers is the quality of the sound they produce, and it's good.

With just my SPV and a set of these speakers, I'll show 'em what a real Mobile Disco is all about!! :) :wink: