Registry Tweaks

Guest midnight

Guest Blakey

No, you're right, I'm an idiot - I figured it out in the end and now have Mapopolis and MobiPocket set up at the front of my Start Menu, and everything else aphabetically - plus I've tweaked the Contacts button so it starts up Photo Contacts, thanks to Crafty.

Cheers

Blakey

• 4 weeks later...
Guest bprintskater

Hi. My MPx200 is orange branded, and so when the phone is flipped open it shows an orange logo on the external LCD (Titled in the windows directory orangelogo.bmp) but whenever i change the registry value to alexlogo.bmp and restart the phone the file is deleted and instead of an orange or my alex logo, there is a blank screen. Any Help?

Guest bprintskater

isnt that just for shutdown/startup??? my phone has an orange logo on the external screen, like the operator logos on the old 3210s, and other B&W screen phones.., but i am downloading it now cos i have also had problems with changing the startup screen... i will see if it can change the logo

Guest bprintskater

i have tried to change the startup screens, but the same happens, as when I try to change the orange operator logo. I think you have misunderstood about this, my phone is a flip phone and on the inside there is a standard colour display, which shows a motorola logo, then a windows logo and then a orange logo. I am not really that bothered about changing them, although it would be nice its not worth wasting too much time. The thing i want to change is nothing to do with these screens, it is an orange logo on the black and white external LCD screen. this shows when the phone is flipped open. When it is shut it shows the time. I would like to change it to have my own logo there. I hope this clears things up. Any Ideas.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wogstaa

With the ringtone looping tweak you can edit the .xml files found in application IPSM/application data/profiles

and changing 'av0pw3r' to 'av0pr' which will help keep the looping even if you have changed profiles and then set it back.it is found about 6 lines from the top. make sure you back up the .xml files.

• 1 month later...
Guest Paramedic1

I am trying to use these tweaks with an i600 with Smartphone 2003, but do not know how to create a "/" - my keypad doesn't generate one. Is there another way to indicate the "path" for the wav files?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LardyBoy

I might be being a total numpty, highly possible, but I cannot get PHM reg editor to install at all. Active Sync can't see it to install it and although someone mentioned copying the CAB file to the accessories folder I can't see how that helps since CAB files are just zip files. I even tried copying the contents of the CAB file to the StoragewindowsAccessories dir but all to no avail.

Can someone enlighten me please (or point me in the direction of a newer free reg editor which actually installs).

Ta.

Fat Boy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest djdidge

RE: SystemStartup

Hi there,

First Post!!!

Having recently received my C500 i began trawling this great site for tweaks and such. I came across these reg tweaks and set about them. I primarily want to set a startup and shutdown sound. I followed the instructions. Set the reg key perfectly. However, no sound at startup. Ideas?

Regards

DiDGE

Guest rohinsadh1

Can I copy all my registry tweaks and save them in a ".reg" file and execute it which will modify / add new registry entries.....the way we do on win2k, etc....

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
Can I copy all my registry Tweaks and save them in a ".reg" file and execute it which will modify / add new registry entries.....the way we do on win2k, etc....

You can export .reg files then execute/import (like merge Registry entries in PC) using RESCO File Explorer. 8)

Look for the trial version of RESCO here:

http://www.smartphone2000.tv/downloads.htm

• 4 weeks later...
Guest LooneyNutz

2. How do I get rid of the loud "ting" sound when I add a name to an SMS which plays even when the phone is on totally silent? Is this a registry http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=7695>tweak or just a simple setting?

quote]

Actually there is a way to get rid of it.. fell over this by mistake hehe :idea:

I installed the AI skins (REAL NICE by the way) and noticed that the DING sound or whatever had changed to swisch instead. Now following the sound name, and change it to *.wav that do not say anything!! (you need to create a new sound using eg. windows soundrecorder or some other tool) There's your NO SOUND for silent. ( i hated mine did it whilst having the earplugs in too!!)

I did the homepage icon tweak and now no matter what i do i have an icon of a folder with an SD/MMC card on it that when I try to open it says "Error, can't find '[][]' or one of it's components..."

any idea on what I messed up?

I'm on an AT&T moto mpx200 running SP2K2

Guest pwhooftman2
2. How do I get rid of the loud "ting" sound when I add a name to an SMS which plays even when the phone is on totally silent? Is this a registry http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=7695>tweak or just a simple setting?  

quote] 

Actually there is a way to get rid of it.. fell over this by mistake hehe  

I installed the AI skins (REAL NICE by the way) and noticed that the DING sound or whatever had changed to swisch instead. Now following the sound name, and change it to *.wav that do not say anything!! (you need to create a new sound using eg. windows soundrecorder or some other tool) There's your NO SOUND for silent. ( i hated mine did it whilst having the earplugs in too!!)

I'm sorry, but i don't understand. What do you mean by ' following the sound name' , how do you change a filename to *.wav, how .... Sorry, but don't understand what you mean.

I want to get rid of the DING too, can you explain in detail how you got rid of it?

Thanks.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

To get rid of the DING sound when adding a contact:

1. Change to silent profile

2. 'Simulate' the ding sound by creating a message then adding contact using Action button.

3. Go back to Normal profile.

Viola! No more ding sound.

Another option is to install ReplaceSound:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?p=292375

Try also EarSaver to get rid of the annoying sound after a phone call:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/download.php?id=1294

Guest rjmoose
you can edit the .xml files found in application IPSM/application data/profiles

and changing  'av0pw3r' to 'av0pr' which will help keep the looping even if you have changed profiles and then set it back.it is found about 6 lines from the top. make sure you back up the .xml files.

still looking for this...can anyone help me find this path?

thanks!!!

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

@rjmoose

Welcome to MoDaCo ^_^

'av0pr' script is an example of a registry script.

For the looping ringtone, I think you can edit the script found in HKEY_CURRENT_USERControl PanelSoundsRingTone0 ...Values then Script

Of course you need to have a registry editor program installed in your phone to do that.

Never Mind Guys...I figured it out!!!

I tried the Start Menu Registry tweaks on an Audiovox SMT 5600 and all I ended up achieving was to alphabetize all of my programs in the Start Menu.

Any thoughts? I've gone back an reread what others have posted. The only thing I can think of is that these tweaks aren't compatible with the '03 operating system. But deep down I know that makes no sense.

I have the links in the required folder, all links (in the registery) end in .lnk, I've turned the phone off and on many times.

Oh, I was able to change the MRU icons.

Thanks for any thoughts... 8)