Sign in to follow this  
dave55

Cheap Hands Free Kit

As we all know in the UK a big fine is on the way for using your SPV while driving . Well here's a cheap way round the problem.

1. Buy a car cassette adaptor with lead off ebay for a few quid the ones that you plug into portable cd/mp3 players.

2. Get your self a £1 RS products headphone adaptor 2.5 to 3.5mm (i think ?)

3. Plug them together start media player and hey presto you have a cracking mp3 player through your car stereo and with a 256MB card gives you loads of tracks/albums in wma format.

4. When you get a incoming phone call because its in headset mode it auto answers and cuts media player, now the persons voice is loud and clear through the stereo and you just have to talk towards the Spv and thats it, when the call is over just press start when it returns to media player and your musics on again. If you dont want music on plug it all together and set the volume on your stereo and leave till you get a call

5. Here's a few tips for better performance. Get a dinky magnetic holder (again off ebay £1.25 i got one for)so you can mount the SPV in front of you on the dash, in reach and so you can still look where you are going. also mount it on the right side of the steering wheel as this cut down a bit of interferance noise through the stereo. Lastly this tip might not work for all but did for me, the cassette adaptor was noisey between tracks beacause of the gears inside, so i took mine apart and removed the drive gears and just left the bits that go round in the middle, now its quite as a mouse and works perfectly. All for about £8. Cheap handsfreeing....

Dave

yeah i though about that a while back, only problem is it only works with a tape player. good idea though.

sweet mate... but i have not got a car at the moment...

yeh i do this works for me although i find i have to shout a bit coz i dont have one of the holder things.

good for telling people to piss off coz your driving :)

what i did was cut my handsfree kit appart then stick a 2.5mm-3.5mm adaptor on the end so i can plug any head phones speakers etc into it but still have the mic cliped on my jumper

cost=alot if you badword it up(hands free kit is a fortune, cheap if you dont, but its a pain in the arse if you can actually be arsed

:roll: :wink:

what i did was cut my handsfree kit appart then stick a 2.5mm-3.5mm adaptor on the end so i can plug any head phones speakers etc into it but still have the mic cliped on my jumper

cost=alot if you badword it up(hands free kit is a fortune, cheap if you dont, but its a pain in the arse if you can actually be arsed

:roll:  :wink:

Or have a look at this link :)

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=66031