Qtek ROM 1.50.9.1

Guest spv_dman

Guest chibako

Namimili ng phone yung 1.50.28 ROM na yan eh. The best way to find out if it will work is to give it a try. Well syempre may risk just like what I took when I did the upgrade. Since you're updating from two different ROM, you must do the upgrade Canary Tricolor Screen and execute the Qtek update else you'll come across the "invalid model" error.

spv_dman, you mean my spv must be in the canary tricolor screen before i execute the Qtek update? sori i'm still a newbie with the SPV e. I'm still exploring. I'm interested kasi of the upgrade e. I've previous upgraded my spv to smart's ver 1.50 rom. Now I want to try the Qtek update. could you help me?

Guest smartrey

When i upgraded my ROM to QTEK yesterday im in the canary tricolor screen, because, if not there is an error message "error 117". That my experience during the process.

Guest spv_dman

chibako wrote:

"spv_dman, you mean my spv must be in the canary tricolor screen before i execute the Qtek update? sori i'm still a newbie with the SPV e. I'm still exploring. I'm interested kasi of the upgrade e. I've previous upgraded my spv to smart's ver 1.50 rom. Now I want to try the Qtek update. could you help me?"

Yup. You must be in the tricolor screen. Else the update won't proceed because the two ROMS are different. It will return an "invalid model id" error. Be warned, upgrades such as this can mess up the software of your phone. Specially working with the 1.50.28 ROM which I think has caused us a lot of problems. Read my previous post regarding this.

Guest chibako

tnx guys! info really appreciated... i'll take the risk and try to updated my spv when i get home. wish me luck!

to jabonga, you updated from smart's ver1.50 to qtek's or from ver1.37?

anyone ever tried to update from smart's ver1.50 rom to qtek's and then back agen to smart's ver1.50? thnx agen! :)

Guest dewslat
Can you upgrade to Qtek ROM from smart 1.5x?? or downgrade muna 2 1.3x before Qtek? Got my SPV in 1.5x agad! Kakainis!

You really have to downgrade it first.. believe me, you wont go anywhere from there. you will only reach 10% and the system will no longer run unless you have a bootloader 0.99 or 0.98. find someone this a a bootloader like that.. unlock it in 0.98 and upgrade to Qtek!!! look for threads on downgrading.. or just find someone in here close to you for help.

Guest Swift_gti

Right this ROM sounds pretty cool, at the moment I have an SPV with UK update 1.3.5.6 and my boot loader is canary 0.98 i think.

Will this QTEK rom work ok?

How do I backup my current rom, bootloader etc.. so if it goes wrong I can go back to the UK one?

If someone can answers these Q's I'm gonna give it a try, I'm sick of waiting for the next UK update now! :evil:

Cheers 8)

Guest Jassper23

Hello :) Any body know if you can still send SMS after using this update?

The reason I ask this is because other update using Orange does not allow to reply or send SMS

Thanks

Jassper

Guest dinoalbert

OK I didnt go to work today just to bring my phone to Brightpoint for keypad replacement so I could upgrade my phone tonight :)

I still have the 1.3.6 rom, sim-locked to Smart. Can anyone recommend if I should first sim-unlock it before upgrading to Qtek7070 rom? Or can I go ahead with the upgrade with a sim-locked SAP?

Guest spv_dman

@dinoalbert, go ahead with the upgrade. I've read in other forums as well that the qtec upgrade will definitely unlock your phone. No problem with the 1.3 SMART ROM. I'm sure it will work just do the upgrade in the canary screen. :)

Guest dinoalbert

@martin

did you say you did a Hard Reset AFTER upgrading to Qtek's rom? Is that recommended? If I Hard Reset AFTER upgrading, will my phone stay with the Qtek rom or will it go back to the original 1.3.6 rom?

duh! nabobobo na yata ako sa dami ng trabaho hehehe

Guest spv_dman

I'll answer that @dinoalbert since I am online and his not! :)

On initial boot, it will scan your IPSM then reboot. Afterwhich, voila, no more IPSM data! :o But after that cleanup, your ROM will be permanently Qtek 1.50.9.1 even if you'll do a million hardreset. :wink:

Guest Rolandml
This has been posted within this forum. Now, I'm trying out this new Qtek ROM myself. And it looks impressive.  

Some things I did and my findings:

1. Upgraded from SAP 1.3.7.8 to Qtek 1.50.9.1 - successful

However, It automatically erased my IPSM!  

2. Downgraded back to SAP 1.3.7.8 (to test if it can be reverted to old version) - successful

3. Upgraded back to Qtek ROM.

4. It seems the ROM is not SIMLOCKED to any network provider. My Smart SIM still works without having to run an unlock application. I tried the Orange upgrade before and it prompted me for an unlock code. This one didn't. Haven't tried this with Globe though. For those of you who want to have your phone sim-unlocked and use it with globe, you might want to give this a shot.

5. Works with uncertified applications.

6. SMS counter finally working (you have to put a recipient in the "To:" field).

7. With ASCII like the smiley "u".

8. Two new application under Accesories "Authentication" - looks like for GPRS authentication and "CSDType" - for dial up configuration.

9. I don't know if I've just overlooked this before, but there's a "MMS Setup" also under Accessories which lets you configure sending of MMS over GPRS or LAN.  

10. Looks like it eats up some more memory compared with SAP 1.3.7.8. Before I had 8.3 MB on boot, now only 7.5MB.

11. Expectedly, configurations specific to SMART are gone like Action Backup and Update, and GPRS settings.

Finally, you can download the ROM here:

http://www.qtek.nu/files/Qtek150.zip

Other infos:

Canary & Diag

1.07.4M (It has the save IPSM Function)

Smartphone Ver 3.0 (13121)

Radio Version 1.35.10

Operator & Manu 1.50.9.1

Lang 1.50.9.1 (with T9)

Eng

Deutsch

French

Italiano

IA Album 1.6 build(12107)

SmartMMS EZOS 2.5build(030424)

:)  :o  :P

Great! now I can update again... hope I can update with out any problem ... anybody using ver. 1.50.28 try to using the qtek rom update? also is it faster than Version 1.50.28 ?

Maraming Salamat po :(

Guest Anasazi

Hi all...

in France it seems we have some problems with this new ROM : when coming back from Qtek 1.50.9.1 ROM to Orange 1.3.5.6 ROM, nobody has network ! :?

is it the same for you ?

and what is this problem with sms ? are u sure that you have correctly parameter the sms center number ?

Guest Rolandml

Whem I update using orange rom update it does not allow me to send any SMS... it does not allow you to reply or compose new message .... there is no problem with SMS number... i'm not sure if that will also happen using the qtek update.

Maraming salamat :)

Guest spv_dman

I didn't have any problem with the upgrade. Even when I downgraded back to SMART 1.3.7.8, it still has signal. SMS is working perfectly. No change in parameter in smsc message center number.

Guest Rolandml
I didn't have any problem with the upgrade. Even when I downgraded back to SMART 1.3.7.8, it still has signal. SMS is working perfectly. No change in parameter in smsc message center number.

Thanks SPV_MAN :o ... now i can update my ROM :)

And good bye Smart amazing phone start up welcome QTek lol....

BTW does it affect the Action backup and action update? can I still use this feature after updating my rom?

Guest dinoalbert

spv_dman, ignore my first PM...just the second one :o

I have already upgraded my SAP to Qtek's latest rom...and its a success! Didnt encounter any problem during the process.

BUT I had a 1.3.6 rom "sim-locked" when I upgraded....after the upgrade, I tried my Globe sim but it asked me for s sim-unlock code :shock: so that means, it will not automatically sim-unlock your phone. I should have unlocked it first before doing the upgrade. anyway, I will just try the spvunlock app...probably tomorrow I can give additional feedback.

Anyway, my SAP now has better startup logo :) , a working SMS character counter and it can use ringtones saved in SD card.....with that, Im already happy with this upgrade :P

a minor problem though but Im not sure if its just me...Active Sync wont automatically start when you connect the phone to the desktop USB....I have to manually double-click on the AS desktop icon :(

Guest martin

@dinoalbert

Disconnect the SPV from USB cable and goto Programs-Settings-Activesynch. In menu-option-PC settings, check the auto start synch is ticked and set to USB. Hopefully this is the problem.

The SIM unlock is seperate issue and will be hard coded in the phone regardless of the OS. You will probably need bootloader .98 to run the SPVunlock program.

Qtek 1.5 is great but I miss Sound Manager :)

Guest vijay555

-You lose action update/backup - i think this is a valuable tool to use personally.

-no useful t9

-i gained ridiculously impoved battery life.

It's a nice geek upgrade, but if you've got 1.35 or 1.5 working, it's not really worth the effort as far as i can see.

I've got no choice (my phone refuses to downgrade to orange roms anymore), so for the time being, i'm very happy, but miss t9.

V

Guest mortenharkett722

qtek update us very nuch better than of that of smart's but

the default t9 in the qtek rom is very weird. what language is that?