Qtek ROM 1.50.9.1

Guest spv_dman

Guest wbloore

A couple of other changes I have noticed to the software...

1: In Settings > Telephone > Networks it shows the network code for preferred networks (next to the network name) and allows you to add a new custom network by entering the network code.

2: The cell broadcast no longer appears on my homepage for Vodafone UK. The local area code should appear, and did when using the Swiss 1.5 update, but no longer appears on this Qtek update.

Nice to see a fully functoning SMS counter that correctly detects if you are sending an SMS or Email. It's worth upgrading just for that.

Guest StanyDB

Tried 2 upgrade from 1.50.28, get all the time "ERROR 117", tried with Canary while connected and get in program manager "Taruu failed to connect" :oops:

Anybody who was successful? Step by step pls? :roll:

Greetz Stan

I love my Tanager. :)

Guest spv_dman
Tried 2 upgrade from 1.50.28, get all the time "ERROR 117", tried with Canary while connected and get in program manager "Taruu failed to connect"  :oops:  

Anybody who was successful? Step by step pls?  :roll:  

I haven't experimented with 1.50.28 ROM in this upgrade. Can you still use your phone? If so don't attempt any further unless you're willing to take the risk of messing it up. I encountered problems with this SMART ROM before wherein the upgrade was halfbaked. I got stuck with the canary screen with bootloader 1.04. I had to do the "bootloader 0.98 backup/restore procedure" and downgraded back to 1.3.7.8 to make my phone operational. If you'll read through this forum you'll find out that indeed SMART 1.5.28 is a headache in terms of installation for most of us.

Guest StanyDB

Guess i was kinda lucky, didnt disconnect the sap, just quit the application in program manager and ran quickreset. No problems so far. :)

I love my Tanager! :o

Ps. im just after the counter, am used to send plenty txt and mms abroad.

i dnt settle for just putting a # in the "to" field! Its the Telco obligation

to give that counter to us!

Guest smartrey
Tried downlaoding the file from Qtek. Couldn't do the update though. I get an Error 117: Invalid Model. Is there a special procedure for installing the update?.
Try upgrading in the tricolor canary screen. You can go there by shutting down your phone then booting up by holding down REC + POWER ON button.  Then perform the installlation again.

I changed my ROM successfully to QTEK and i noticed it runs better compare to the previous....

Guest dinoalbert

@spv_dman

can you confirm... they say that ringtones saved in Sd card can now be used (without using Changer Sonneries or other 3rd party apps) ? :shock:

Guest neilfenstein

i have got it on to my SPV now but forgot that it would erase all my numbers(whoops :oops: )

But, i backed up my ipsm before i started. I dont suppose that it saves the numbers on the fone when you back up???

If it does is there an easier way to get them from the backup than reverting back to old firmware syncing with outlook and installing it again?

Cheers guys! im screwed without my contacts

But the new rom is definately faster

Guest martin

can you confirm... they say that ringtones saved in Sd card can now be used (without using Changer Sonneries or other 3rd party apps) ?

Yeah it works :)

After updating the software I did the additional hard reset (as stated in other topic). The Sounds application still couldn't see the WAV files in Storage Card/My Documents so I deleted the WAV files and copied them in again. Newly copied files are now showing up in Settings-Sounds.

I think I would try the re-copying of the WAV files to Storage Card/My Documents first and see if it works without the additional IPSM reset.

Guest smartrey
@spv_dman

can you confirm... they say that ringtones saved in Sd card can now be used (without using Changer Sonneries or other 3rd party apps) ?  :shock:

Dinoalbert, i try to answer you even you did'nt ask me hehehehe. I confirmed that it will run even if you dont have the changer soneries, All you have to do is to make a FOLDER in Storage Card and name it as "My Documents" then put all your tones in that folder.

Guest dinoalbert

oh anynone can answer :)

wow! thats something really new! Im giving it a go probably this weekend. I just need to have my keypads replaced first from BP.

Thanks for your replies...

Guest dewslat

Ok.. i got the installation and it went out ok.. its really great a 1.5 ROM that is Network Unlock!!! I also found some improvement on my camera refresh rate.. It did erased my files but thats ok.. great stuff!!! :) :o

No problems here.. I even got my GLOBE GPRS connected!!!

:P :(

By the way, its kinda cool lossing that Simply Amazing in the startup screen!!! :evil:

Guest spv_dman

Dinoalbert, i try to answer you even you did'nt ask me hehehehe. I confirmed that it will run even if you dont have the changer soneries, All you have to do is to make a FOLDER in Storage Card and name it as "My Documents" then put all your tones in that folder.

It's only now that I've noticed that. Yeah It does work! Wavs/ Midis in Storage CardMy Documents can be selected as ringtones. Really worth the upgrade huh.

@dinoalbert,

Uy mag-uupgrade na yan :)

Guest spv_dman
Can you upgrade to Qtek ROM from smart 1.5x?? or downgrade muna 2 1.3x before Qtek? Got my SPV in 1.5x agad! Kakainis!

Namimili ng phone yung 1.50.28 ROM na yan eh. The best way to find out if it will work is to give it a try. Well syempre may risk just like what I took when I did the upgrade. Since you're updating from two different ROM, you must do the upgrade Canary Tricolor Screen and execute the Qtek update else you'll come across the "invalid model" error.

Guest dope_me

i lost my t9 when i stop the "checking your phone's information" during the upgrade with qtek, using the canary screen.

but i got it back when i reinstalled the 1.50.

Guest spv_dman
i have got it on to my SPV now but forgot that it would erase all my numbers(whoops :oops: )  

But, i backed up my ipsm before i started. I dont suppose that it saves the numbers on the fone when you back up???

If it does is there an easier way to get them from the backup than reverting back to old firmware syncing with outlook and installing it again?

Cheers guys! im screwed without my contacts

But the new rom is definately faster

If you have sync your phone with Outlook earlier, you can use that to copy back the info to your phone. Another way is to copy the info from SIM to phone using SIM Manager, that is if all your contacts are there. Else, I'm afraid you have to do it the hard way as you've mentioned. :?