Qtek ROM 1.50.9.1

Guest spv_dman

Guest spv_dman

pards ingat lang sa post! may mga daga dito taga smart! baka masuplong tayo. :wink:

anyway, ok nga yung qtek. at least better that smart 1.37 IMHO.

Dont, worry mariolouis hindi ako magsusumbong unang una install ko na sa phone ko yung qtek and ako din pasimuno ng qtek rom na ito dito sa pinoy modaco. Ewan ko lang dun sa iba :twisted:

Guest mariolouis

@spv_dman

you from smart? hmm.. any legalities when upgrading/changing roms? does it void the warranty? you did it to your phone so maybe it's alright, ain't it? thanks!

Guest spv_dman
@spv_dman

you from smart? hmm.. any legalities when upgrading/changing roms? does it void the warranty? you did it to your phone so maybe it's alright, ain't it? thanks!

Errr... I'm not in a position to anwer that man. I don't know either if I voided my phone's warranty so I took the risk. The phone will end up with brightpoint anyway if ever it will need to be repaired so they'll be the one to decide.

Guest binky_p

i think changing the smart's rom version into qtek's version of 1.5.9.1 will void the warranty...kasi any form of alterations would invalidate any warranty diba?....siguro if it was done by smart itself but if not discovered then baka may lusot..kasi di naman ata chi-ne-check ng bright point ang rom version and of course we wouldn't tell them that (if not being asked)... :oops:

may taga-brightpoint ba dito??? :)

Guest rodnav

hi guys,

i've read your post about this ROM, and it's seems to be good. i'd like to know if the t9 config utility can change t9 back to english instead of that nordic language. and how much longer is the battery life?

and to the Smart people, when is the next Smart ROM update coming out? i heard Orange is already working on their 1.6 ROM, is smart doing the same thing?

and the warranty issue, i'd like to have my keypad replaced before using Qtek ROM. besides the Silver paint chipping off the call buttons, the left soft key of my SAP is somewhat sunken, though still working, and it's paint is also chipped. last i called brightpoint, they said the keypads weren't available yet.

I really need a longer battery life, must last longer than 24 hours, that's why i still use my old trusty t39m.

thanks guys.

Guest binky_p

battery life is indeed extended but not for another 24hours, it depends on your usage of the smartphone...

and regarding Qtek rom, the phone now works much faster than smart's rom version (it even has an sms text counter)...if you wanna play it safe, better follow your lead of bringing the unit first to brightpoint for your keypad replacement before upgrading your rom to Qtek's....but i'll tell Qtek rules coz its cool... 8)

Guest happiboy2002

when i upgrade my phone for the qtek i have to be at the tri-color right? Do i do that while i'm connected to my computer or go to tri-color then connect to my computer? :?

Guest vijay555

doesn't matter if connected to PC first or after.

although, to be sure you've connected, go to tricolour screen (canary screen), and bottom left corner will say serial.

Pop it in the cradle and it'll say usb

V

Guest vijay555

It'll show progress indicators.

Tricolour screen+romupdate from pc:

Phone goes white - rom detection

Then phone shows red progress bar, rom erase

Then phone shows red progress bar, rom write

Then you reset the phone.

V

Guest fonager

Hi there

I upgraded my Qtek 7070 last night, and now 16 hours later, my phone only has 37% of memory left ... and i havent't used it for gaming, phonecalls or anything ...

I've read someone stating that the update extends the phones batterylife ... hmmmnn ... have i missed something or am i just unlucky ??

I did the upgrade, took the battery off for 30 seconds or more and restarted the phone and followed the instruktions ...

Please help me, and let me know what to do ...

/Kent

Guest dinoalbert
I upgraded my Qtek 7070 last night, and now 16 hours later, my phone only has 37% of memory left ... and i havent't used it for gaming, phonecalls or anything ...  

I've read someone stating that the update extends the phones batterylife ... hmmmnn ... have i missed something or am i just unlucky ??

Do you mean "Memory" or "Battery"?

Errr... I'm not in a position to anwer that man. I don't know either if I voided my phone's warranty so I took the risk. The phone will end up with brightpoint anyway if ever it will need to be repaired so they'll be the one to decide.

from what department of smart are you?are you from customer care?just asking.

Guest rodnav

@spv_dman

hi, as you are from smart, do you know when smart will be releasing it's next update for the SAP? i heard that Orange already has it's 1.6 update in the works

Guest spv_dman

@rodnav

I have no idea. Even if smart will release a new version I think it's advisable to stick to your old ROM for the meantime. Check out the forum first and see if the new ROM has more advantages than disadvantages like the 1.50.28.

Guest smartrey

rodnav, The only comment i can share with you is that "soon". For me, I dont have to buy the smartphone 2003. I will just upgrade my 2002 to 2003 since our smartphone is upgradable.