So i bought a 3 phone...

Guest Monolithix

Guest Swift_gti

Right ladies and gentlemen, your next mission, should you choose to accept it, is to get this little (well quite large) puppy network unlocked preferably using the USB cable that comes with it.

Then we can go round being proud that we got a 3G Videophone, which is network unlocked with no contract, all for £9.99!!

Now that WOULD be something :) :shock:

Guest Martin@Home

WooHooo !!!! Placed my order ! :) :o

I hope there isn't some enormous catch that we've all missed ! We'll just blame mono and brody if there is ! :wink:

Guest JabbaTheSlut

does it actaually have bluetooth, if so-i can just use it as a high speed modem on the move if nothing else! even those its 3, its free, hohoho [well, a tenner, but err, shut up....]

Jabba

Guest JabbaTheSlut

out of sheer curiosity, i was looking on ebay, and people are paying good money for these things on there, so if or allbeit when i get bored of itm, i'll sell it on ebay!

Guest ajb3000

According to their callcentre:

On the 3toGo plan if you don't use it you pay nothing (when paying by direct debit), so you get a £450 phone for £10 and you don't even have to use it!

You can't use it as a modem, you can't make data calls on the 3 network except to access 3s content (unless you are a business customer for some reason).

Basically it's pretty crap, and normally i wouldn't touch it but for £10 its worth it for the sake of having one, even tho i'll probably only use it for a few days then never use it again.

I ordered one as i'm sure you all know! My mate put me onto the ten pound deal as his boss was looking for one. Both him and his boss both bought one, as did i, then i posted the url on irc! I suppose we'll all have to wait for our phone calls within 48 hours now...! Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Right, i actually have mine (have done since Saturday), here are answers to a few questions:

Bluetooth: 3 will tell you its not implemented yet, i e-mailed NEC and they said it was not built in and will never be a feature of the e808s

Camera: Max res is 352x288 pixels, but you can use either camera.

It has other fun stuff built in, picture contacts, the video calling of course, Java games, few other odds and sods. Just need someone i know with another one to try out the video calling :)

Nope still waiting for my phone call and I know that i ordered before you guys (!) but they did say 48 hours...Nope still waiting for my phone call and I know that i ordered before you guys (!) but they did say 48 hours...