Help: New SPVs from Smart has v1.09 bootloader

Guest wolfman

Guest BrAGoL
the question is...

when would smart release this update to all SAP users?

so far, the update that smart released has a rom ver 1.6 and bootloader 1.09... and i think it was on released last week...

Guest Brigoli

hey! sana nga may magsabi kung ano'ng mga bago sa update na to. but as for me, i think i'd stick wid my qtek rom than hav an update from smart dat would lock my already unlocked phone. pano kung nag-abroad ako? PAANO NA?!!! sayang naman ang pagiging tri-band nito kung naka-lock lang siya di ba? i just wish smart would leave the option to us to have our phones locked or unlocked. wag na tayong pahirapan (pero sabagay, iba rin feeling ng na-upgrade and unlock mo phone mo). tutal bayad na tayo di ba?

Guest JDimeRolla10

So far, I've tried the following methods and all DID NOT WORK.

1. SD Card, installed with 0.98 BootLoader

2. USBTerm, forcing the 0.98 BootLoader unto the phone.

Will keep you guys posted. Smart is making me nuts right now. Very smart.

Guest grifter

@chibako,

i'm sure when the SAP2 comes out, the bootloader will be 'unbreakable'.

sorry nalang.

Let's wait for Globe's MSFT-powered phone nalang. ;)

Guest chibako
@chibako,

i'm sure when the SAP2 comes out, the bootloader will be 'unbreakable'.  

sorry nalang.  

Let's wait for Globe's MSFT-powered phone nalang. :D

malamang "unbreakable" na nga yun! not unless the people from smart will be the ones breaking it! hehehe! ;) magkakaron ba ang globe ng MSFT-powered phone?? hmmm... :lol:

Guest rodnav

maybe if they load a higher ROM upgrade, it may accept it. maybe the reason why they haven't released the upgrade to everyone is because the 1.5 smart ROM, (meaning bootloader 1.04) doesn't accept any upgrade or downgrade.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest JDimeRolla10

So, pag meron ng ibang ROM like QTek or Eurotel for example, we can use that to upgrade the phone, then downgrade it to whatever ROM we want?

Guest wolfman

@ JDimeRolla10

I just would like to clarify, do you also have the phone with the 1.6 rom version? If so, have you tried applying the Smart 1.50 upgrade from Smart's website?

If this works, you'll be having a 1.04 bootloader. From there on, it would be possibly to copy a 0.98 bootloader using the SD card procedure.

Whatdya think?

Guest smartrey

What i heard from a collegue that you can not unlock the new version. Thats why even before i never try to upgrade this version. But if somebody can make it, then he's good enough.

Guest mariolouis

where can i download the rom? i wanna have a piece of it. jdimerolla might be right. if you can downgrade it to smart 1.50, then we have a solution. lemme have it!

Guest spv_dman
where can i download the rom? i wanna have a piece of it. jdimerolla might be right. if you can downgrade it to smart 1.50, then we have a solution. lemme have it!

Just remember :idea: that the previous upgrade, smart 1.50.28, CANNOT BE DOWNGRADED back to smart 1.37, so it might be the same with downgrading 1.6 to 1.5. :roll:

Guest JDimeRolla10

Tried downgrading the ROM from Smart 1.6 to Smart 1.5.... DID NOT WORK. The phone just hangs on the "Checking the information on your SmartPhone... Please Wait..." screen.

;)

Guest JDimeRolla10

I'm thinking if there are any ROMs that are on the same level as the Smart 1.6.x.x ROM. Perhaps a QTek 1.6++ or I-Mate or EuroTel? We can try upgrading it to those versions then work from there...

Guest spv_dman

I told you, downgrading from

higher version to lower version smart rom won't work. I suspect even upgrading to a higher ver. bootloader wont do the trick. Remember those who attempted but failed to flash the qtek 1.50.91 upgrade against the smart 1.50?

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest chibako
I told you, downgrading from  

higher version to lower version smart rom won't work.  I suspect even upgrading to a higher ver. bootloader wont do the trick. Remember those who attempted but failed to flash the qtek 1.50.91 upgrade against the smart 1.50?

yup! i tried doing that, no good! ;) That's why I'm staying away from any Smart ROM update for now unless they'll be offering better features than what the Qtek or the Imate have. :wink:

I think this new ROM from smart will give the new SAP users a hard time if they plan to unlock their SAPs or try other ROMs. :roll:

Guest sonborj

I don't believe that this 1.09 SAP is unlockable. If there's a way in , there's a way out . Action/Reaction. Hmmmm.... How about a pot for those who can unlock this?

Guest JDimeRolla10

I agree. Kung Windows XP nga, pwede ma-pirate, eto pa kaya. There is a way to unlock the new version. We all thought that the 1.04 is the end of the "unlocking" world, but alas, someone found a way. There is a way... There will be...