Help: New SPVs from Smart has v1.09 bootloader

Guest wolfman

Guest Eleventh
Some thoughts on what has been tried.

Loaded mmc with bootloader (.93)

Unable to copy direct from card to the phone on entering bootloader mode...

(does it try to copy/what error does it give)

--->The Bootloader on the card wasnt detected at all. The Only thing that it detects are full backups on card. But unfortunately, Even though full backups are detected on bootup. When you tried downloading your full backup from card to rom, It just says downloading.. and nothing happens.

Waited for an hour on this(as usually it only takes 20-30min on other ROM versions). and still no success on the download. not a single pboot success on any of the downloads. when you try pressing any key it just goes to the 3color Canary screen.

Loaded mmc with bootloader+GSM+CE+IPSM

(does the bootloader detect the presence of the pboot, or just the other options?)

---> yes, it detects the pboot. but just like i said earlier. It does nothing when you tried downloading it. It just looks like it hanged but it wasnt. (i tried pressing a key and it pushes to the 3 color canary screen.)

Questions unanswered.

Can you copy the bootloader to a sdcard either in the bootloader or using usbterm.

If 1.7 rom is based on same improvements as the upcoming (we hope) Orange update, this has a new gsm stack...

the Canary Diag screen on these can only erase IPSM(Hard Reset) no option to copy the bootloader. The only way to copy the bootloader is to

do a "sort" of full backup (boot+GSM+CE) on Usbterm.

I "QFS 11" on it and it returns an error wrong media type 5.

Guest grifter

@eleventh,

maybe they changed the filesystem format of the sd/mmc card?

can you verify if the phone can see anything inside the memory card from usbterm?

so is this full backup (boot+gsm+ce) possible, if so, please let me know.. or post here!!

If someone wants to a send a phone to me.. i can play more..;)

Will

Guest dewslat

Hey guy.. good news, florin_m would help us kick the ass of Smart's New Update.. If we could only give him the Update exe...

Info: he is the one responsible with password SMARTPHONEHTC

;)

i have copied the bootloader+ce+gsm on an mmc card and succesfully backup it up on my pc, looking thru the hex of 1.09 and .98 seem they have alot of differences. I think it will be a major software cracking to be able to unlock the 1.09. My backup is 64 mb, so anyone looking for a backup just txt me at +639174916151.

Guest ianesq

@ulo

boz! tanong ko lang pano mo na backup ang ce & gsm? try ko kasi ang gumana lang eh yung bootloader lang. backup ko yung ce pero parang merong probs. umpisa siya backup then labas 'wating for check' or something then hanggang duon lang. wait ko ilang oras wala nag exit.

pwede mo share ang ginawa mo as in yung step-by-step?

br

ianesq

Guest florin_m

Hi boys, just puting my hand on the update ;) I'll play arround and i'll see what new "holes" are in the new bootloader. Anyway the good news is i have second backdoor for simlock with was working ok with the sap 1.5, and dopod firmware too. So simlock is not a problem. i bet they still have that bug on :D but i don't wana plublish it :lol: I'll find other one and i'll make that public.

And as long they supply the updates, they supply the flashing procedure, so for "mods" to the flash u don't need to hard research the flashing cause just taking out of the updates :lol:

Anyway i think this will be the last research cause i need to concentrate to make money for my family, and as rearcher seems didn't bring me any funds or intrests from MS or O or HTC, so i gona change my profile in something more productive (money wise)

Guest florin_m

didn't expect money from reverse engeeniring, I was expected O, or MS or HTC to hire me, but nobody give a s...t about it, so i'm gona put public my research ;)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
The new password is: EnOhPTrAmS

Ehehe:) Laters HTC :D

Great! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thats smartphone spelled backwards...reverse engineering. ;)

Guest florin_m

Flashing one of my test phones just now.

P.S.

1.6 need to have a SAP version preinstalled before install.

So now i'm uploading 1.37 and then 1.6 and i gona try it. The pass is again in clear ;) ..They didn't evoluate :D

Guest florin_m

Just install it:) Seems that my phone didn't relocked (but has been unlocked my my method not by code ;) ) more tests tonight and i'll keep you posted :D

Guest dewslat

this is good news.. thank you for your support florin... Smart, MS, HTC or orange will be pissed of by your skill and might hire you to keep it quiet.. hehehe.. ;)

Thank for the link.. ill be downloading it later..

Hi boys, just puting my hand on the update ;) I'll play arround and i'll see what new "holes" are in the new bootloader. Anyway the good news is i have second backdoor for simlock with was working ok with the sap 1.5, and dopod firmware too. So simlock is not a problem. i bet they still have that bug on :D but i don't wana plublish it :lol: I'll find other one and i'll make that public.

And as long they supply the updates, they supply the flashing procedure, so for "mods" to the flash u don't need to hard research the flashing cause just taking out of the updates :lol:

Anyway i think this will be the last research cause i need to concentrate to make money for my family, and as rearcher seems didn't bring me any funds or intrests from MS or O or HTC, so i gona change my profile in something more productive (money wise)

Uh, i'll deviate a little from the topic...

I wish to install the i-mate ROM over my SAP's 1.5 (bootloader 1.09) and I'm having this "...ERROR 117..." and my smartphone's screen just displays this white pic.

Is there a work-around that I could finally install the i-mate ROM?

Thanks in advance!