Restoring Extra Screens to Defaults

Guest midnight

Guest midnight

sorry i havent looked at this yet (bloody game development hehe) but i will have a look this weekend sometime, i've no idea why it goes transparent, but i'll solve it one way or another, even if it means having new default images for the error screens :)

Guest StarfireCT

I saw the transparent screens on the Motorola phone, but I figured it was a MPx200 thingy, but I think it was the same thing you've been seeing:

It's caused but the registry tweak that changes the image: the background colour (BKUnselected) gets set to a blank value but if it's set to COLOR_alertWINDOW, the warning popups stay opaque. Also, I'm pretty sure that as Colour Themes change, the background of the error message will change as well, seeing as the COLOR_alertWINDOW value is a theme-able property.

I put together a a version for the MPx200 because I figured that the original tweak worked OK on the SPV. It also doesn't change the image for the start menu wallpaper and contacts wall paper, but that was by design.

Guest midnight

my cab already sets it to COLOR_alertWINDOW, always has, but the problem looks like its as simple as a missing comma, it worked on the first version of this cab, but something went wrong for the second version, anyways, just cabbed another version if someone wishes to try it

Guest StarfireCT
my cab already sets it to COLOR_alertWINDOW, always has, but the problem looks like its as simple as a missing comma, it worked on the first version of this cab, but something went wrong for the second version, anyways, just cabbed another version if someone wishes to try it

Actually, if this is the same CAB that I got like a night or two ago, it didn't have that setting. What I did was extract the _setup.xml file from the CAB file on a PC and looked to see what was changing. The BKUnselected value that I saw in there told the registry to set it to "".

The way I built my CAB was by using a /postxml switch with the same basic XML that I found in that _setup.xml file - I didn't set the registry settings in the .INF file because I found that to be more cumbersome.

Of course, the other problem might have nothing to do with this or I might have gotten an older version - I'm just letting you know what made it into the CAB file that I originally downloaded... if it helps, I can send ya the CAB or _setup.xml that I got...

Cheers!

Guest midnight

its cos when it built the cab from the inf there was a missing comma like i said, so cabwiz removed that setting (and set it as blank in the compiled cab cos thats all it could do), makes no difference either way, its fixed now i hope

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mon_nom_est_arnaud

Help please !

I've installed this CAB and rebooted my SPV (ROM Orange FR 1.3.6.5) twice. Extra screens (Info, Exclamation...) are now as normal, but the Programs menu background is still white without any gradient !

• 1 month later...
Help please !

I've installed this CAB and rebooted my SPV (ROM Orange FR 1.3.6.5) twice. Extra screens (Info, Exclamation...) are now as normal, but the Programs menu background is still white without any gradient !

Remove the BKBitmapFile from HLMSoftwareMicrosoftShellRai:MSStart

midnight - can you make the 'reset' remove the BKBitmapFile (as for MSStart and MSCONTACTS) instead of assigning "" as the value? many thanks.

Guest midnight

You cant actually remove reg keys using a cab as far as i'm aware, only change them so they are blank

however, i do have an idea, which i'll work on, which should hopefully fix the problem

Guest midnight

and the answer is, no, cant be done as far as i can tell

dont forget, you should always use 'Remove Programs' on any homescreen that uses extra screens before installing another that does the same, it solves this problem before it even occurs and so no need to run this homescreen reset cab.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest badboy4life

I just installed this on my phone(e200) and got the pink square around the icon image, looking at the original settings on my old spv i found that the 'BKBitmapTransparent' value needs to be set to '16711935' and the pink bits disappear and so your left with a background set to the COLOR_alertWINDOW and the icon without the pink bit!!!

Guest winnerzero

Can you tell me whether this will affect the programs in the programs menu? Will it get rid of the shortcut for such programs as, say, Pocket TV and if it does, how do i get these shortcuts back to the programs menu? I'm asking because whenever i send an sms, the "message sent" screen only comes up as a white screen with no blue background as in the default settings... maybe i accidentally deleted a default file that i shouldn't have?

Thanks for your help.

Attached is a cab that once installed restores all of the extra screens back to the MS default screens, including startup, shutdown, programs menu, alert screens, dial screens etc.

Please reset phone after installation.

*Added fix to remove Contacts image

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Toyota-F1.com

I also think this is a fantastic program! However...:

Found a screen it doesn't change: the Synchronize Screen (when you go to ActiveSync from the Start Menu).

Oh yeah, and found this aswell - the menu i.e. after I press Start, the background isn't sort of shaded in lines like it's supposed to be. Instead it's all white. :?

Guest tanny
You cant actually remove reg keys using a cab as far as i'm aware, only change them so they are blank

however, i do have an idea, which i'll work on, which should hopefully fix the problem

midnight,

how about *delete* as a value? This would remove the reg key. I'm not sure with this but I see it in Theme Changer.

Guest Toyota-F1.com

I've found what you missed out - in HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftShellRai:MSStart a new thing needs to be added: using PHM Registry Editor, it has a little D in the icon, Menu>New Value>DWORD it's called.

The Value name is BKDefaultGradient and the Value is 1. This sorts out the main menu. The same should be put in :MSCONTACTS and (I'm not 100% sure about this one) :MSCdial.

Could you please make these alterations, and also delete this:

"

"

And, could you also have a look at the alerts e.g. ExclamationBox and ErrorBox, because I don't quite know how, but I'm very sure that they're all slightly different to how they originally are.

Thanks very much midnight :D

Guest Godfather

I downloaded the home screen cab file and I installed it but it semed to have only worked for a moment, then when I tried to use my own background and theme the programs, and contacts background remained white still. But I got it back for when I make a call and when I send a message the confirmation background. I tried making a new theme and made those backgrounds blue, but it didn't work. Any suggestions, please???

• 3 weeks later...
Guest davidt
Attached is a cab that once installed restores all of the extra screens back to the MS default screens, including startup, shutdown, programs menu, alert screens, dial screens etc.

Please reset phone after installation.

*Added fix to remove Contacts image

Saviour! Thanks :)

I've got that OSX skin stuck to my e200, argh

• 3 months later...